• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Azzawon

Trying out Overwatch on XB1 this weekend with the free trial offer. My first play of the game ended up being a team kill. Having a lot of fun with D'Va and Mercy which is odd because their playstyles are entirely different to how I usually play shooters.

vOXiqql.mp4l

It baffles me how some people lack situational awareness. Like, does nobody take notice of the icon of the payload inching towards the goal?

Yh it's ridiculous, honestly it's actually somewhat insane the amount of stealth capping I've seen recently in hanamura. I understand grouping up at the top but still keep an eye out at the objective guys, if a guy solo stealth caps up to a checkpoint that's potentially saved one team push for the enemy.

they should just make it so all modes have the same XP gain and make achievements available in no limits and mystery heroes

edit: anyway I'll probably be up for PS4 comp for a while tonight, don't have work until 2pm tomorrow :)

Broke my healing personal best as Mercy.

21.5k healing on Hollywood defense in about 8 1/2 minutes/9 minutes or so (i think, might have been 10). We did ok, basically got team wiped on the payload and lost A, then just through the door to the film studio we got control and i was zipping around, healing our two tanks/Bastion/mcCree/Mei.

Considering when I started OW i wanted to be good at Pharah and Genji (I am not) it's weird I love Mercy so much. Got POTG as her too with a 4 person revive that turned things around.

exYle

Does anyone know how many health packs Sombra can have hacked at the same time?

I think 5, mathematically? Technically it's unlimited but the hack lasts 60 seconds and the cool down is 12 seconds. You'd have to start hacking a new pack the moment your hack cool down was over, and even then, your first health pack would lose the hack the second the fifth one was hacked. So realistically, 4.

Any running theories on what the next bunch of characters are going to be? Aren't we still missing the last founding member of overwatch, Liao?

I'm hoping we get a Canadian character one of these days since Lucio was supposed to be one at one point in his dev.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Winston gets a 'normal' legendary before he gets a holiday one. Gimmicky event ones don't do it as much compared to Oni or Balderich
maybe with a Moon map.

Any running theories on what the next bunch of characters are going to be? Aren't we still missing the last founding member of overwatch, Liao?

I'm hoping we get a Canadian character one of these days since Lucio was supposed to be one at one point in his dev.

Doomfist is the most likely next addition because they need a tank and they're probably ready to add another (likely) male hero to the game. Liao is possible but I hope they add some heroes that aren't so directly related to OW or by proxy Talon.

I'd like to see another member of Hog/Junk's gang or a neutral guy like Hanzo

exYle

You know, I heard that Canadian Lucio theory a lot and I love it a great deal, but does anybody have an official source? It honestly sounds like a fan-crafted theory that makes sense

I just don't synergize well with the Gaf squad. They do great without me. With me we are 0-5 the last two nights and I'm down 200 points. I always feel like I play well too, so idk, it's just a really bad fit or something.

Nice. Torb is always entertaining, at least.

I'll probably be on a little later, after I'm done with dinner.

It's good that you didn't group up with us now, you just dodged a bullet.

I just don't synergize well with the Gaf squad. They do great without me. With me we are 0-5 the last two nights and I'm down 200 points. I always feel like I play well too, so idk, it's just a really bad fit or something.

Nah, you play really good characters so it's just a matter of finding the right comp. And we also can't give them a chance to come back from a 4vs1. Happened yesterday on King's Row with a Genji and today with a Tracer. This last one was incredibly frustrating after such a great delay on the 1st checkpoint.

We also had a Sombra on our team this two games, so that doesn't help. I'm not feeling like playing comp again without a 6-stack, or just soloq. If you have a team of 3-4 the randoms usually take advantage of that because they assume the group will guarantee the support so they can just fuck around.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Widowmaker in every single game on both teams tonight

Buffing Widowmaker does nothing but make me hate playing this game.

I really like Sombra, but good god she needs something more. The best I've been able to play her is annoying the enemy's back line. Hacking an enemy shouldn't force you out of stealth, EMP is good but super situational, and I'm tired of getting out-damaged by nearly every character. I feel like every time I hack a Rein or a Mei, nobody is there to follow up. I feel like every time I use EMP, my team falls apart too fast to take advantage of it. I feel like I can't comfortably 1v1 someone because of how little damage she does.

So, maybe I'm just playing her wrong or something. Someone teach me: how do I Sombra?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
When playing Quick Play & getting used to the characters? Not yet, but if you are going to play with others in Competitive Mode, then it's recommended that you do get a headset. Overwatch is a team based game, so co-operating & cordornating with your teammates is essential.

Here are some other tips:
Thanks!

Link0080

Got the game about a month ago and enjoying is a lot but going from 2852 SR to 2401 in less than 2 days is just soul crushing...

Looks like the Diamond dream is dead.

Just for the record, I cleared out my US Battlenet friends list a bit to remove the randos I friended with for the Nexus challenge. If I kicked you off, just re-add me.

I really like Sombra, but good god she needs something more. The best I've been able to play her is annoying the enemy's back line. Hacking an enemy shouldn't force you out of stealth, EMP is good but super situational, and I'm tired of getting out-damaged by nearly every character. I feel like every time I hack a Rein or a Mei, nobody is there to follow up. I feel like every time I use EMP, my team falls apart too fast to take advantage of it. I feel like I can't comfortably 1v1 someone because of how little damage she does.

So, maybe I'm just playing her wrong or something. Someone teach me: how do I Sombra?

Get a team that can coordinate around your utility.

Redmoon

Fair enough, but that's not what I'm asking. My concern is the PS4 population vs the pc population

I'll get anywhere from 30 seconds to around 6min(dont really recall anything higher as of the last two months) on PC NA. This is taking all the modes' Q times into account, not just one. Varies with the day/time as well.

Man so many of the arcade modes lose their appeal after a couple minutes. Just played the Genji/Hanzo one and people were dicking around for most of the match. Blizzard really needs to change it up.

Using Soldier feels like cheating sometimes. The target dies way too quickly, like I'm aimbotting.

I don't get all this soldier op stuff. If someone can aim with soldier, he can probably aim with mccree and kill someone just as quick or quicker with a headshot.

Prelude.

I don't get all this soldier op stuff. If someone can aim with soldier, he can probably aim with mccree and kill someone just as quick or quicker with a headshot.
He shoots 10 rounds per second, dealing 20 per bullet, 40 if critical. You can see why he's considered OP now.

He shoots 10 rounds per second, dealing 20 per bullet, 40 if critical. You can see why he's considered OP now.

And the thing is wth soldier is you need god like tracking to connect those hits? McCree is a flick shot dps, and if you're in flashbang range you're dead in a shot or two.

Prelude.

And the thing is wth soldier is you need god like tracking to connect those hits? McCree is a flick shot dps, and if you're in flashbang range you're dead in a shot or two.
It's not god like tracking, it's way easier than hitting single shots since there's a wider margin of error. You only need to connect some of those to do serious damage, if you can't hit 2 shots with McCree in a second you're doing 0 damage.

molnizzle

So I just started playing competitive after only doing QP and brawls since I bought the game.

What do competitive points do, exactly? Not the skill rating, the actual points it gives you.

Dreavus

The hero comps in No Limit are 20 times stupider than anything I've ever seen when it was called Quick Play

Unfortunately it's no longer a spontaneous thing, for better or for worse. Now that it's a separate mode, you'll get people playing it with stacking in mind – otherwise, why would they be playing no limits?

dickroach

just got Overwatch during the free weekend (also got it coming in the mail from Best Buy)
never been a FPS guy ever.
did well vs AI. got STOMPED in my first real match :(

komaruR

just got Overwatch during the free weekend (also got it coming in the mail from Best Buy)
never been a FPS guy ever.
did well vs AI. got STOMPED in my first real match :(

ai in this game just have superior aim but dumb pathing issue. you use them as target practice only lol

and also the first 10 levels are usually match with rookies too but after lv10 you get match with more experience people.

sadly the game don't prepare you enough lol. the only way to get good is just keep practicing.

atleast now in quickplay its less ridiculous to fight stacked heros. so you can to choose counter picks etc

Top Bottom