• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Shit I never thought this would work.

If you suck at this game and are low tier like I am and have a lot of trouble aiming with stream characters (machine guns, zarya beams) like I do, I strongly recommend putting your primary fire on Shift or the Keyboard.

I've found it's 10x easier to track targets when you're not pressing a button down on your mouse. If you think about it 90% of the time you're used to how much your mouse movements translate onto the screen when you're holding it loosely. But everytime you hold down a mouse button you change how friction interacts with your mouse, which is just an extra complication for aiming.

Like, I pretty much exclusively used Zarya alt-fire and shields. I got decent at her with good shield timing. But now? Now I can actually kill shit. It feels amazing.

Alucrid

Banned
Holy Shit I never thought this would work.

If you suck at this game and are low tier like I am and have a lot of trouble aiming with stream characters (machine guns, zarya beams) like I do, I strongly recommend putting your primary fire on Shift or the Keyboard.

I've found it's 10x easier to track targets when you're not pressing a button down on your mouse. If you think about it 90% of the time you're used to how much your mouse movements translate onto the screen when you're holding it loosely. But everytime you hold down a mouse button you change how friction interacts with your mouse, which is just an extra complication for aiming.

Like, I pretty much exclusively used Zarya alt-fire and shields. I got decent at her with good shield timing. But now? Now I can actually kill shit. It feels amazing.

or you can just play rein and winston like me

komaruR

kryw and ryb. ryb's winston is doing what his role is, get in to distract and split the enemy team so the team can pick off the strangler. i feel internethulk's winston is lacking in distraction department. feels like internethulk was trying to get a kill with winston's ult instead of effectively using it to split/distract the enemy like ryb did. kryw doing a superb job taking down stranglers.

I'd bet everything I own on Envy.

Props to misfits but they really don't have the pure skill needed to win. Tviq, Akm, and Reinforce are great players who might be able to win. Misfits play great as a team, credit to them for that, but I think they will get absolutely overwhelmed tonight.

Welp LMAO

Misfits played amazing. Soon and Nevix outplaying Talespin and Taimou, wow.

ZangBa

Of course I start playing and it's randoms vs. 2 groups of 3 like usual for me, just the best luck always. Instant lock Hanzo player on Hanamura attack, and guess who is the first to leave even though we took the first point almost immediately and still had a chance if we just defended. Getting 4 gold medals on Reinhardt because no one wants to ever tank, or do any real DPS apparently. Flushing this game for its PoS matchmaking.

Anne

EnVy had one map I'd favor them in out of the entire draft, they lost on it, and then got fucked. That was really unfortunate on their part.

Losing King's Row is an issue, but then having Misfits go back to Gibraltar is just setting them up to be down 1-2.

komaruR

envy didnt have a effective nanoboost taker. where as misfit got kryw's reaper that fully utilize the nanoboost effectively.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
EnVy had one map I'd favor them in out of the entire draft, they lost on it, and then got fucked. That was really unfortunate on their part.

Losing King's Row is an issue, but then having Misfits go back to Gibraltar is just setting them up to be down 1-2.

Their King's Row match the other day against Fnatic wasn't super hot either. Wonder what was up with that.

Anne

Their King's Row match the other day against Fnatic wasn't super hot either. Wonder what was up with that.

Could be a lot of things, but EnVy did look way better in Round 3. Choke?

If I was any American team right playing against EU I'd ban out King's Row and Gibraltar tbh. KR can be neutral but those are maps EU have been running new strats on since S2 started.

So I've got a problem. I have a very high MMR. Was queuing with platinum friends and consistently matching against the rank above diamond.

Well, my friends hit diamond and now I can't queue as I have two placement matches left. But when I try to solo queue I don't find a match. I've tried everything. Sat in queue for over 20 minutes now. Tried grouping with another placement friend. It won't work. This is a Friday night - there should be something.

Any ideas?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As much as people decry the nanoboost though so far this meta has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more diverse. You even saw some diversity in KotH which is insanity.

Anne

As much as people decry the nanoboost though so far this meta has been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more diverse. You even saw some diversity in KotH which is insanity.

It's much better than S1 meta. I don't like how Ana boost strats work but there's enough diversity that interesting things happen. Really close to having some good balance this season.

maomaoIYP

So I've got a problem. I have a very high MMR. Was queuing with platinum friends and consistently matching against the rank above diamond.

Well, my friends hit diamond and now I can't queue as I have two placement matches left. But when I try to solo queue I don't find a match. I've tried everything. Sat in queue for over 20 minutes now. Tried grouping with another placement friend. It won't work. This is a Friday night - there should be something.

Any ideas?
MMR doesn't factor into placements matches. It's Saturday morning here, I couldn't find a regular ranked match. I think the size the active of number of players have simply taken a dive recently. Your problem is magnified because there are probably not too many people left doing placements, which is what the game is trying to match you against.

Woke up to some hate mail from a former top 500, feels good man.

Get begged/berated into playing Ana for some Reinhardt boosting shenanigans, team waffles hardcore and we can't even get the first Hanamura point and somehow my heals were the issue.

On the upside, finally had a great winstreak last night and seem to be pretty stable in the 3000s now. Almost broke into the 3100s until that happened. But atleast the system seems to be placing me in higher caliber matches on average now (Most of my matches last night had Top 500s in them, or were in the 3000+ range as opposed to all the 2800-3000 stuff i was getting)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Love when that happens. My general rule is if the comp works, keep it. (Unless you had like a Defense Symmetra or something)

Like. If we had the cart, maybe that would possibly work but not really

but if we can't get the cart back, maybe switch to another hero to get the cart back then you can attack bastion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom