• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Overthoughts:

Went 2-1 in comp tonight, fun games, the loss was from our group of 4 going up a six stack :/ and they were prettttty good on Lijang.

I've been losing as Lucio, i dunno why exactly. He's been one of my better characters, but i don't win with him, I should ask Trump.

Yeah Attack Bastion is weird. Seen it all planned out and it fails somehow. Then I see someone randomly pick Bastion as a "Fuck it we are gonna lose anyway" pick and somehow pulls some clutch ass win out of our asses.

Also I love players who just give up in matches then blame their teammates.....D.Va just standing around spawn after we blew a 98%-0% on Nepal because everyone was too busy chasing kills down (Namely a Tracer who wasnt even bothering us). Times like that make me wish console had a report feature.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah Attack Bastion is weird. Seen it all planned out and it fails somehow. Then I see someone randomly pick Bastion as a "Fuck it we are gonna lose anyway" pick and somehow pulls some clutch ass win out of our asses.

Also I love players who just give up in matches then blame their teammates.....D.Va just standing around spawn after we blew a 98%-0% on Nepal because everyone was too busy chasing kills down (Namely a Tracer who wasnt even bothering us). Times like that make me wish console had a report feature.

Worst match I ever had was with this Pharah player on Anubis in season 1. He was complaining pretty much nonstop on attack and rushing in staggered so we didn't end up capping B. The moment the other team got A he just said on the mic "we're done" and floated around in spawn.

That's pretty much the only time I've ever snapped back at someone before. Yeah, we're gonna be done when every engagement is a 5v6, and he acted like a full hold on Anubis of all maps was apparently going to be impossible.

adamy

Banned
So I'm pretty fucking drunk doing my competitive placement matches. I'm on match 9 of 10. Hopefully these placement matches aren't a big deal?

Just lost to a Bastion setup on Anubis. Really damn hard to push that second point when their Mercy is just hiding near the spawn waiting to group res when we finally get a successful push.

Not sure why we had a Pharah and Tracer the whole time though.....

Hmm just broke the game lol. Me and another guy picked Zarya at the same time, both spawned ingame then forced us both to repick

And a terrible night to negate an awesome one. So many terrible teammates tonight and constantly running 1 healer groups while people bitch about lack of heals. Personal favorite was getting bitched at for getting Nano Boosted while I was stuck in a Graviton Surge.

Please someone help me!
I was ~3400 but I fell to 3100 in 4 evenings xD

I just don't understand what's going on. I feel like I'm doing my part in the games but for some reason my team always end up loosing. Really awful feeling lol

Edit: aaaaand I'm 3000. dammit. It's like I actually WANT to loose those games haha

Blues1990

Please someone help me!

I just don't understand what's going on. I feel like I'm doing my part in the games but for some reason my team always end up loosing. Really awful feeling lol

Edit: aaaaand I'm 3000. dammit. It's like I actually WANT to loose those games haha

If you lose more than two games, then it's best to take a break. I usually go on long win streaks, but as soon as I start to lose, then it's time to take 5 and return to the game at a later date.

Please someone help me!

Most likely teammates not fulfilling their roles properly or at all. Been getting matches up to the 3400s lately and I'm seeing it too.

Been getting a ton of premade matches lately and almost every time I get forced into Mercy or Lucio, then if we do badly it somehow becomes the randoms fault

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish people would stop using mercy in koth.

I was doing perfectly fine as zen and someone decides to switch to mercy making us 3 supports. Like.

Why.

If you lose more than two games, then it's best to take a break. I usually go on long win streaks, but as soon as I start to lose, then it's time to take 5 and return to the game at a later date.

Yea that's what I do, I never play more than 3 mathes in a row, especially when I loose. Maybe I should pause the game for a week or so.

Most likely teammates not fulfilling their roles properly or at all. Been getting matches up to the 3400s lately and I'm seeing it too.

Been getting a ton of premade matches lately and almost every time I get forced into Mercy or Lucio, then if we do badly it somehow becomes the randoms fault

Yes I feel like I'm always playing with monkeys. I know that I'm not the best player out there but damn I don't deserve this!
I'm so full of salt right now haha

I wish people would stop using mercy in koth.

I was doing perfectly fine as zen and someone decides to switch to mercy making us 3 supports. Like.

Why.
I had a KOTH match where we had a Lucio and a Zen and we comfortably win the first round.

Then our Lucio switches to Mercy.

-_____-

Like, why change a winning comp so drastically? Especially such an important role as Lucio for KOTH. Ugh.

Skii

Misfits individually outplayed Envyus. It's not even like there was this really unique strategy that Envyus had no answer to. Soon, Nevix and Kryw were by far the better DPS players compared to Taimou and Talespin. Internethulk was also pretty bad. You have to wonder now if Envyus just tend to choke in these big finals. It's the second time it's happened now.

It's great to see another European team win. Quite amazing considering they had to substitute a player before the tournament. Ryb did really well in place of Skipjack. Hidan was just great on Ana. Probably the fastest at building her ult out of all the teams.

You have to also wonder what's up with these other teams like NRG, Cloud9 and Reunited. They are all supposed to be top teams but they are so far below Envyus, Misfits and Rogue, it's not even close. Really surprised by how bad Reunited were if I'm honest.

DevilDog

Please someone help me!

Stop whiffing ults.

Antiwhippy

Is there ever going to be a lucio potg that doesn't involve boops.

Not that it matters.

Because nothing makes me smile more than seeing me appearing on potg booping people.

Talespin looked like he was really having an off night. Just mediocre looking all around, for how good he actually is.

Taimou played incredibly and should be damn proud of his performance. I'm not sure anyone played better than him. Soon going on his run was on par, though.

Misfits just found that next gear to shift into where Envy didn't.

so what do you guys recommend for comp placement? I will do them shortly.
Should I just play Tracer (my best hero by far) or adjust to the team as it goes(I know there will probably be a million dps already...)?
Individual skills counts more or wins?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Game could really use Daily Quests to spend so much time on a tank or support and reward a loot box kind of like Heroes of the Storm has.

Blues1990

Yea that's what I do, I never play more than 3 mathes in a row, especially when I loose. Maybe I should pause the game for a week or so.

It happens, man. I also switch to a different game if things aren't going my way. (Diablo III and Hearthstone are godsends for this. Wish the original Diablo is still supported by Blizzard.)

Oh, and I got 11 free loot boxes! The first 10 were pretty crappy, but I was rewarded with one of the best emotes in the game!

EB0Rhlb.jpg

Tovarisc

So when OW throws you into endless downward spiral of constant losing and decimates your SR all you need to do is channel skills of best pro players into world so you can hard carry and ignore picks of rest of your team?

Should be easy enough.

Should I just play Tracer (my best hero by far) or adjust to the team as it goes(I know there will probably be a million dps already...)?
It's more 50/50 because while individual skill is important, winning means you worked good with your team and that's more important in this game.

As for what heroes you play, you should play what your team needs. Make sure you have a tank and a healer that you are comfortable playing and you already have a DPS.

Also, I wouldn't worry about where you get placed. Unless you're a pro player, you're most likely going to place around 2500 or so.

Azoor

I suggest getting better at least in playing one tank and one support. Some solo queue people refuse to coordinate.

Tovarisc

I suggest getting better at least in playing one tank and one support. Some solo queue people refuse to coordinate.

Playing well as tank or support means nothing if, like you say, rest of your team can't do picks and play together for shit. I'm experiencing this right now, I'm in SR freefall for like 7th day in row now because people can't get their shit together.

So who do you guys think are best genjis right now? Im finding it difficult to rank.

1)Shadder
2)Seagull
3)Tviq
4)Shadowburn/Ultimawep

Really tho i havent seen shadowburn and ultimawep play outside of OWOpen so i cant say for sure if i can put them below Seagull and Tviq.

Azoor

Playing well as tank or support means nothing if, like you say, rest of your team can't do picks and play together for shit. I'm experiencing this right now, I'm in SR freefall for like 7th day in row now because people can't get their shit together.

Your frustration is very understandable, but that was the best advice I could give aside from not playing solo queue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

You can pick up the pieces of a shitty team with Reinhardt or Zarya. If you're Lucio and your team is shit though, RIP. All you can do is watch your rating burn.

Tovarisc

You can pick up the pieces of a shitty team with Reinhardt or Zarya. If you're Lucio and your team is shit though, RIP. All you can do is watch your rating burn.

Even with Rein or Zarya you still kinda need rest of the 5 to be able to do plays. Just had game where I got enemy team nicely into Zarya ult when my teams Pharah also had ult and was next to me. She didn't combo into my ult for reasons.

Started at 3050 today, dropped to 2960, back up to 3079 currently lol. I swear my rank fluctuates more than the meta

And I feel like a good Zarya would carry much more than a Rein. Zarya especially once she hits Maximum Power, Reinhardt still needs his team to not be stupid so he can do things. A good Reaper or a good Mei are awesome as well, they just straight up demoralize people on the enemy team.

zoukka

Should delete this game. Toxic community, shit ranked rules and games are decided by the matchmaking algorithm. I should just play 1v1 online games for my sanitys' sake.

Antiwhippy

Gave my boi zenny golden balls because it's the only one that makes aesthetic sense.

it also has weird pulsing effect that makes no sense but looks cool.

Pulsating balls.

Tovarisc

Started at 3050 today, dropped to 2960, back up to 3079 currently lol. I swear my rank fluctuates more than the meta

I was 2550SR +-30 for weeks and now in endless freefall, it really hurts and sucks every gram of fun out of the game when you have no way of stopping SR freefall. New low just gained <2200.

Alucrid

Banned
when are they announcing this halloween shit. i'm nearing 100 and don't want to play and give up a bunch of easy loot boxes

Its 10AM and I can't fall asleep because I'm on like a 6 win streak with randoms lol. One win from breaking my peak rank

This game is ruining my life

Should delete this game. Toxic community, shit ranked rules and games are decided by the matchmaking algorithm. I should just play 1v1 online games for my sanitys' sake.

My PS Plus ran out on Thursday I've got this renewal code right here in front of me and yet I'm withholding using it because I know the moment I do I'll be taking a trip back to solo queue hell courtesy of Overwatch.
I've rather enjoyed my sanity over these last two days, I must continue holding off until the next set of Plus games drop.

At least I've now fully accepted the point you made about shit ranked rules, season 2 had started driving me up the wall but reaching the conclusion of "this ranking shit makes no sense no matter how good or bad I may perform" was like liberating my mind.

Greddleok

I've not won a single match in a week. Doesn't matter what role I play, how well I do personally, the other team always wins. Dropped 200 rating.

It's seriously making me consider ditching the game. Losing so consistently isn't fun in the slightest.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
just had a teammate yelling at me for botching a riptire, forgetting I basically carried the damn payload, killing 41, all by himself to the first point

fucking community is really toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom