• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Ah deleted the game :D

Already feel lighter and less stressed out. My last game was very fitting, I had 2 deaths as reaper and all golds. When the match was over I was called useless.

just had a teammate yelling at me for botching a riptire, forgetting I basically carried the damn payload, killing 41, all by himself to the first point

fucking community is really toxic

Idiots always gonna be toxic. Half the time they were the problem with the team.

I could make a novel out of the dumb shit people have called/told me to do when they weren't right most of the time. Don't let them ruin your enjoyment of the game, their my favorite people to deal with. So easy to break their logic and make them rage more.

And to Spindashing, I won it lol, absolutely steamrolled Illos. New peak rank lol and onto the next one now @_@. I'm going so ham with Zarya, and people are actually healing as well.

Tovarisc

YMMV clearly. I don't suffer from any of this.

Then you are extremely if not even unbelievably lucky. You should consider investing in some lottery tickets with luck like that. Personally I can't get through 3 games without someone telling someone else to kill themselves etc.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also honestly, you get toxic dudes, but most of them are fairly chill. Or just plain weird, but I'm cool with some weirdness.

In my experience anyway.

Maybe it's just that Aussie chillness.

Antiwhippy

I usually pay a good price for that.

Though seriously, if that happens I just mute them. Do it for your sanity's sake.

Plus if they are being toxic there's usually no point in communicating with them anyway.

Though seriously, if that happens I just mute them. Do it for your sanity's sake.

Plus if they are being toxic there's usually no point in communicating with them anyway.
Unfortunately, this game makes it unreasonably difficult to mute people, so I find it much easier to just leave team chat off.

Prelude.

Then you are extremely if not even unbelievably lucky. You should consider investing in some lottery tickets with luck like that. Personally I can't get through 3 games without someone telling someone else to kill themselves etc.
I'm lv198 and that happened, like, maybe 2 times at best. Excluding people trolling or being childish, which isn't particularly common either, I'd say the community isn't toxic at all. The only time I found an asshole repeatedly insulting people was in fucking Lucioball. PC EU btw.

Exactly. No sense in arguing with them about whether they're right or wrong. It never works because someone who is that toxic will never admit they're wrong. Mute/block/report and move on. And definitely don't stoop to their level. Like the saying goes, never mud wrestle a pig. You both get filthy and the pig likes it.

Honestly? I wouldn't say us people not encountering the toxic people are lucky, I would just say you guys are unlucky because it feels like a lot of people have barely encountered this stuff, including me. I've only ever encountered toxicity once and I've been playing since launch.

Like, when you buy a MP game, you have to expect toxicity. If you can't handle it, then MP games might not be your thing.

Honestly? I wouldn't say us people not encountering the toxic people are lucky, I would just say you guys are unlucky because it feels like a lot of people have barely encountered this stuff, including me. I've only ever encountered toxicity once and I've been playing since launch.

I'd be willing to bet toxicity is WAAAY higher on PC than on consoles. Rarely ever hear anyone on PS4 talk unless they are a party or high ranked

Also seems like the streak is about to end. Dumbass team running Symmetra and Widow with 1 healer and I couldn't swap as solo tank. Gotta hold the other team for 6 minutes <_<

I'd be willing to bet toxicity is WAAAY higher on PC than on consoles. Rarely ever hear anyone on PS4 talk unless they are a party or high ranked
Well true, that's what having a text chat will do, but there are ways to remove all forms of communication if you don't like toxicity. And if you just plain can't handle it, then MP games in general aren't your kind of thing, because they all have toxicity and OW is no different in at regard.

I mean, what would you expect in a team game that depends on all 6 people, how could you not expect there to be people who blame others for losing when you bought this game?

Prelude.

I actually tought it'd be the opposite considering that consoles are more likely to attract the "cod" crowd and children. Also, mics might even be more used on consoles since that's the only way to communicate there. On PC even people that have a mic usually just type in the chat until someone else starts talking.

Mendrox

Already feel lighter and less stressed out. My last game was very fitting, I had 2 deaths as reaper and all golds. When the match was over I was called useless.

lol the weak get filtered out it seems. Fuck the trolls man.
I didn't buy this game so I could be verbally abused.

I get enough of that IRL.

Man, start playing on EU servers (i rarely have flamers there or just ignore them. EVERY online game has these people. They are the same ones that destroy their keyboards in rage. They are babies.q

edit: just seems like these people play on NA, no surprise

Skii

I think only twice I've had a "toxic" experience. Once it was on Hanumura and from what I was doing in the spawn room before we attack, the 3 man group started calling me a bad Genji lol. I go on to solo 4 kills to cap the first point within a minute and dragon blade 3 people for the second point and we win within 2 minutes.

Second time was in QP where everyone was messing around and I was playing Symettra on Illois and as the Defeat screen popped up, what I can only imagine was a ten year called everyone "absolutely useless". That one got a good chuckle out of me.

We play nightly andI've never once had that. But then I play on console.

Never had anyone say anything nasty to me ever on console.

I think the most mad someone got was when I was in a GAF squad, got stuck with Tracer's bomb and accidentally ran into someone a Gaffer.

darklin0

Banned
I play a lot of solo. I would say about 95% of my matches are quiet or chatty depending on if there are mic users or not. Rarely do I get the toxic players.

If they do pop up I just press P and mute whoever is being toxic the second it starts. No ones got time for that.

Right, nobody even talks on PS4. PC you can easily say whatever the fuck you want at any time with no consequences.

Pro tip: Press P and click the mute button next to someone's name. It literally takes 2 seconds.

Peaked at 3230 and logged at 3200. Hopefully that streak was enough to increase my MMR substantially. Seems like the matches are better overall now

caesar

Banned
Me and Devildog had a crazy toxic game earlier, trolls on both teams. The other had an attack symm but for some reason our genji would not destroy the teleporter. Blame flying everywhere, we were lucky to get the draw in the end.

Interesting how as soon as one thing goes wrong people blame the dps, so many useless lucios out there though.

Danj

Almost back to 1500!

XCWU298.jpg

Vol5

Do you play on PC? I've not come across "toxicity" on PS4. Only had one issue when I got told I should have popped an ult. when I really didn't need to. Apart from that, everyone else who uses a mic that I've come across is level headed and help the team.

Plus the community board on PS4 has a tonne of like-minded people looking to team up.

Mendrox

You seem confident.

I dont leave games because of people having bad temper. Just change to EU servers then. The people that insulted you got what they wanted now. Dont be weak because of bullshitters its no different from real life.

also ya I am confident cause I am good and the three times or what where people tried o imsult me I fired back and then just muted them Easy as that. Shitholes dont the fun from me.

KyleCross

Guys, I can't even. My thirst is so bad wanting to play but not use my fast 22 lootboxes before the event that I'm considering creating a second PSN account just to play. I've never done that on the PS4 before tho (it was simple on the PS3) so I dunno what restrictions there are. I wish I could just tell the game to not give me XP.

Guys, I can't even. My thirst is so bad wanting to play but not use my fast 22 lootboxes before the event that I'm considering creating a second PSN account just to play. I've never done that on the PS4 before tho (it was simple on the PS3) so I dunno what restrictions there are. I wish I could just tell the game to not give me XP.
Just do that, as long as your primary acc is set to be the primary acc on that system it will be fine.

komaruR

one thing I dont get is, there's always be an event. so if u get the 22lv/loot box in this coming event then are you gonna mad lv to prestige just to get ready for the next?

psyfi

Banned
I just got an Xbox again for the first time in a few months, and man, the search times for competitive are pretty bad. Anyone here play on XB1?

one thing I dont get is, there's always be an event. so if u get the 22lv/loot box in this coming event then are you gonna mad lv to prestige just to get ready for the next?
My guess is no. I just bought 50 boxes towards the end of the summer event to get the extra stuff I wanted.

Antiwhippy

Had a really up and down day today, some wins, and then a losing streak with a group. Went solo q at the end and went fuck it, I really want to play mei because I've barely played her due to being main support, so I played her both attack and defense.

Gold elims, silver dmg and a win.

I should instalock mei more.

Even had some people asking about mei being on attack.

Well, they sure believed afterwards.

Even had the other team asking for nerfs haha.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Me and Devildog had a crazy toxic game earlier, trolls on both teams. The other had an attack symm but for some reason our genji would not destroy the teleporter. Blame flying everywhere, we were lucky to get the draw in the end.

Interesting how as soon as one thing goes wrong people blame the dps, so many useless lucios out there though.

yeah that's another shitty trend that will surely stick til the game dies. Another one, for me, is player votes: healers always get a free hurrah even if they suck, while chars like Torb and Junk get completely ignored because lol ez mode even if they end up being vital to the team winning. You have to be good to play those too, and yet..I don't give a fuck if people vote me or not but this racism is kinda bothering, yeah

Owzers

Like, when you buy a MP game, you have to expect toxicity. If you can't handle it, then MP games might not be your thing.

Playing on ps4, i don't play a lot of comp, but when i do it's usually with a couple people and only one time has there been a random who was annoying. He was a hanzo.

Now having said this i expect several terrible matches to compensate.

Prelude.

Dude you level up so fast normally anyway, does it really matter? Seems like a weird thing to obsess over.
Assuming a match gives 5000 exp, 22 full levels are about 100 matches, from lv1 to 22 are about 50 matches. It's kind of a big difference when it's a limited event.

mollipen

I have three PSN account on my PS4 that I use to play Overwatch, one of which is literally named "MercyMom". It's like a one-minute procedure to make a new PSN account and the you're good to go.

DevilDog

The way I always work through any negativity in any sport is focusing on my mechanics.
If I'm playing a basketball game with terrible people I will make sure that I always test my skills against these odds.
And frankly, getting flamed at in Overwatch is nothing compared to getting physically hit and leaving the field with bruises each time I'm being competitive at sports.

Mendrox

yeah that's another shitty trend that will surely stick til the game dies. Another one, for me, is player votes: healers always get a free hurrah even if they suck, while chars like Torb and Junk get completely ignored because lol ez mode even if they end up being vital to the team winning. You have to be good to play those too, and yet..I don't give a fuck if people vote me or not but this racism is kinda bothering, yeah

sorry but the game wont die. Also complaining about upvoting healers or votings in general? why does it bother you? be happy that people play suppott at all...or do it yourself lol. now ive seen every complaint. Coming soon again: genji needs nerfs!!! mei sucks!!! kids are insulting me ;___; (you guys know about reporting right? it works temp bans for a day or more) where is Sombra? etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom