• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Are the Halloween boxes going to be less annoying than summer games? Halloween currency so dupes and coin loot isn't terrible?

Tovarisc

No Reinhardt Lich King, no Widowmaker Kerrigan, etc, etc.

I wonder how long it will take before Blizz starts to make crossover skins. There is so many no brainers.

Are the Halloween boxes going to be less annoying than summer games? Halloween currency so dupes and coin loot isn't terrible?

Same model that SG used. Lootboxes only, dupes from everywhere and in-game currency is waste of SSD space.

No Reinhardt Lich King, no Widowmaker Kerrigan, etc, etc.

They wouldn't drop blizzard themed skins in Halloween. At least not yet. I don't expect to see those in a long time. They can go through a bazillion of more common ideas before tapping into the blizzard themed ones.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Illidan Genji will happen

I'll say this. They won't be outright 'This is Illidan, This is Arthas' but they will eventually do skins for each hero based around the concept of notable Blizzard heroes. Like a purple and green Genji with horns.

Plesiades

The leaked Brawl description mentions "points that you can earn". Maybe this is a special currency. We'll have to wait and see.

EDIT: Didn't see the datamine. Maybe this currency is a bust.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They wouldn't drop blizzard themed skins in Halloween. At least not yet. I don't expect to see those in a long time. They can go through a bazillion of more common ideas before tapping into the blizzard themed ones.
It's just that the execution for the majority of these common ideas are coming across as relatively low effort which is in turn making me crave skins that will outright take more than a texture swap.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
considering how Lucio's THE top pick in meta it's kind of weird how he's not treated like the superstar he is, tbh...

I think he got the most stuff in the Olympics update. He got two skins, an emote, and a highlight intro. I think Tracer and Zarya only got the skins and Tracer got a highlight intro.

Jarate

Banned
If Blizzard wants to make it so people don't pick Lucio all the time, then just add another healer who has an AOE heal

That's purely the reason why he's played so much in non KOTH maps(where he's also needed for his speed boost) He's super good as just being the off healer in general.

Prelude.

The Sombra themed candy is in the Pumkin btw.
Yeah, but it fits thematically, Sombra's symbol is a sugar skull, which is given out during the Day of the Dead.
I'm just saying that if the brawl had some new points system, like the leaked Sombra pic says, it'd be probably mentioned there.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I bet Blizzard is sick of him and can't wait to nerf him into oblivion.

Lucio isn't OP. He just does incredibly useful things that no other hero replicates. It isn't even his healing. It is his speed boost. You can't really nerf that enough to remove him out of the top spot in the meta without just deleting him. Better to introduce another support that can primary heal and has a similarly powerful utiliy elsewhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucio's so good because he benefits from team fights better than just about anyone. It's why the speed boost nerf didn't change his viability. As long as the meta is all about team fights, Lucio will be there. It's why Nano Reaper is so popular.

Skyzard

Banned
Man, I woke up to see a future patch downloading super slowly, hit pause and tried to resume but it's gone... and won't come back.

And just as I hit post - it's back! With a proper speed too.

...and it's frozen. Oh massive jump!

I only had to restart my router to get a good connection with Blizzard's servers again...... anyhow, Zenyatta's Halloween skin doesn't have him shooting skulls, disappointing to say the least. Hopefully he gets a Christmas skin with him firing different colored ornaments
or lumps of coal to people on the naughty list

Edit: Oh, wow, a Junkrat skin that doesn't have his face entirely covered in smokes, make-up, or a mask.
TM3ONQ0.jpg

xaosslug

Yeah, but it fits thematically, Sombra's symbol is a sugar skull, which is given out during the Day of the Dead.
I'm just saying that if the brawl had some new points system, like the leaked Sombra pic says, it'd be probably mentioned there.

could be a 'refresh' to the brawl next week when Sombra supposedly drops (countdown is set to end 17-18th)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom