• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

I'm starting to think that individual performance per player dictates overall placement, rather than won/loss/draw ratio. I had eight wins, one draw, & one loss, but I got 2050 For me.

I'm gonna test out next season as to whether it's worth playing a Medic if your team is taking loads of damage rather than tanking a losing team or getting the only kills.

It would warrant more points I would think.

Am... am I cool now? ;_;

lqpDlyU.jpg

Grouped up with 2 other dudes on solo q and went on a run.

pKG55Oo.png
Wheres my 'if you understand the game you shouldn't be in the lower ranks for long' post? :)

Congrats man, well done!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TBF I think I lucked out by finding a team that somewhat understood what they're doing too? Certainly helps even out the randomness of solo Q.

Does cement my belief that amount healed should not be the measurement for lucios to hold themselves to, even in the lower ranks. Sure you heal a lot but more often than not it just means your team can't seal the deal when it comes to getting picks and keeps getting into elongated firefights. Off assists and even your own elims help out more.

Lucio is certainly more fun when you have an aggressive team.

Greddleok

Lucio is certainly more fun when you have an aggressive team.

That's for fucking sure.

I've started just leaving speed boost on all the time, until I see a couple of people dropping to 1/2. Switch to healing, pop the increased healing CD and wait to top them off.

Then back to speed.

Kito

I've seen some guesses of her getting healing turrets or proportionate shields but that ignores the main issue. The way to think about it is 'how can Symmetra be viable close to spawn'?'. Her turrets and shields work fine there. The issue is her teleporter; she is the only hero with diminishing value in her ult. It is impossible to make teleporter useful at shorter distances without making it dynamic and no hero has dynamic ults.

So I can imagine Symmetra receiving a second ultimate ability and having a choice when her ult is fully charged, between teleporter and ???. The second ult will probably be similar to molten core.

Greddleok

Nooooo!! I dropped to 26XX because a DC in one match, then my land lady talking to me at during the next one meaning I had to go AFK.

Fuck -_-

Prelude.

Welp, I'm learning real quickly that in solo Q in plat people still don't want to go double support.
Usually it's the same as the other team. If they have 2 then it's likely your team will get another one. 1 on both sides is pretty common though.

Edit: Oh wait, I read "quick play" for some reason. No, that's weird.

Antiwhippy

Usually it's the same as the other team. If they have 2 then it's likely your team will get another one. 1 on both sides is pretty common though.

Had one where that isn't the case.

Ah well, just luck of the draw of solo Q I guess.

Also grouped up with a bunch of silvers just because of a dude I know and boy.

That was a mistake.

If I could characterize the one mistake people lower down the level keeps doing it would be overextension. Constant overextending leading to the team having a player disadvantage.

Baleoce

Entered a daily Overwatch tournament at EGX on Saturday. Was fun in general. Although it was a little odd. There was no voice chat at all, and the only amount of time you got to set up your controls / mouse was during the pre-game character selection.

I went from loving competitive yesterday to hating it today. Everyone has this attitude that YOUR champion is the wrong one and should be changed, and never their own. I love Bastion and Torb and Mercy, and I guess Mercy is the only one I can ever play without getting yelled at.

Jellie

Anyone help me with my mic?
It's fine on PS4 but when I use it on PC either the volume is too low so I have to use the mic boost and max the volume just to be audible but then there is loads of static. How can I reduce the static or increase the volume without using a boost? Need it for when I tackle comp/play with other gaffers.

Antiwhippy

Mei played at the OW opens. :'D

I feel conflicted about defense mei winning out against seagull's attack mei though. If only both meis can win.

Anyone help me with my mic?
It's fine on PS4 but when I use it on PC either the volume is too low so I have to use the mic boost and max the volume just to be audible but then there is loads of static. How can I reduce the static or increase the volume without using a boost? Need it for when I tackle comp/play with other gaffers.
Right click your speaker in bottom-right corner. Choose recording devices. Right-click your mic and go to properties. Go to levels tab and make sure it is all the way up. That is all I can think of.

Gorillaz

First time ever I left a game in the middle of the match on comp

I had 6 kills after we lost on defense on Eichenwalde and it was a gold. Not even playing as a DPS. Had this same tired ass bastion play him the entire match getting shitted on

Don't even care about the penalty to exp at this point, tired of these dusty ass teammates picking shit like bastion with a straight face and losing match ups constantly and not even trying to change. And he did it again setting up for offense. No.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

edit: team make up was like mei, zarya,bastion, zen, me switch to damage dealers reap/junk, and I want to say another defense character.

Redmoon

Wanted to grind levels all day and maybe get to 81. Now I want to watch the Tourny all day.

And I get too distracted when trying to do both.... :<

That reminds me... can Widow tether to people and reel to them? There was a screenshot with that ability during the reveal panel at Blizzcon. She should be able to tether into walls and hang from them. Just Cause 3 style.
No she cant (or at least I've never tried doing that, so idk). I'd love to be able to hang from her Grapple like in her short though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom