• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torbs arms should turn into turrets when he molten cores. That way we can get the good ole classic "let's see if the camera ever moves!" Torb POTG.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw a Torb POTG.

Torb needs two turrets
I love Torb for dealing with the fast little shits, and Bastion for all else. My team started getting pissy because I switched from Mercy to Bastion on Attack in the last map. And guess what...we got first point because of it. We had no damage to break through. I feel like placement is so important for Bastion, and these people are all grumpy because they must play with people who are crappy at making smart decisions with him.

2487 SR! I'm a gettin' there.

ricelord

14459765_1174740245933872_183814454_n.png

i had a good day today.

also i'm moving on up.

14483549_1174740149267215_1525712909_n.png

Torbs ult should actually just be that he pukes out a bunch of mini Bastions that don't actually do anything, but guarantee POTG!

Make a brawl that only allows Torb and they can only use their ult.

But theres a difference between that and going 30+K/-10D with Zen, with 3+ Golds and still losing because your teammates weren't fulfilling their roles as DPS/Tanks, especially if your team has a janky composition. (If we have 4 Offense/Defense, 1 Tank, and a solo healer, theres no damn reason why we shouldnt be lighting up the enemy in a firefight)

Had matches where I was insulted for not healing enough despite the fact I was not only solo healing but also with Silver/Gold in kills/objective kills.

Absolutely, I've been there. But this is more for the Bronze/ Silver crowd who measure their deserving of Gold or Platinum rank by the number of medals they get each match. And not realizing that they weren't good, as much as their team was bad. If you're getting Golds every match, but you lose every match, maybe change up how you're playing? Actually lead, instead of leading by example?

Sorry, don't mean to piss you off, this is just one of those things that really irks me about hero-ball in Overwatch. Play your role. Talk. Group up. Stay alive. Fuck medals.

Absolutely, I've been there. But this is more for the Bronze/ Silver crowd who measure their deserving of Gold or Platinum rank by the number of medals they get each match. And not realizing that they weren't good, as much as their team was bad. If you're getting Golds every match, but you lose every match, maybe change up how you're playing? Actually lead, instead of leading by example?

Sorry, don't mean to piss you off, this is just one of those things that really irks me about hero-ball in Overwatch. Play your role. Talk. Group up. Stay alive. Fuck medals.

I wasnt mad at you or anything. I didn't realize you were talking about that range, and i agree.

And its really hard to lead people who simply wont listen. The moment you ask most people to switch they seem to assume you are calling them bad players and get defensive. Even if you simply ask like "Hey we are getting lit up by XXX, could you please swap so we can counter them?"

Just really disheartening when you actually try to follow the meta/pick who the team needs most despite your own enjoyment and still lose because others just want to play their mains.

I wasnt mad at you or anything. I didn't realize you were talking about that range, and i agree.

And its really hard to lead people who simply wont listen. The moment you ask most people to switch they seem to assume you are calling them bad players and get defensive. Even if you simply ask like "Hey we are getting lit up by XXX, could you please swap so we can counter them?"

Just really disheartening when you actually try to follow the meta/pick who the team needs most despite your own enjoyment and still lose because others just want to play their mains.

I hear you. I always talk it through before we even start. "Torb on attack, huh? So you're pretty good? First time? Got it. Hey, try him out, see what you can do, but if we're getting killed could you switch to someone you have experience with?"

I also ask ahead of time if anyone is a hit-scan main, but playing something else, and if they'd be willing to switch if a Pharah is eating us alive. Plant the seeds, calmly.

I am among those Bronze/ Silvers though, and they really just want some leadership. They're scared shitless that they suck, and they react badly if accused, or if they feel like everyone but them sucks. Encouragement goes a long way with them, and prevents the, "I'd be Plat if I didn't play with you nimrods! Have you seen my medals? Have you?!" player from gaining any traction.

Oh, and I didn't mean I thought I made you mad, I thought you might take further discussion as me disagreeing with you just to be an asshole.

I hear you. I always talk it through before we even start. "Torb on attack, huh? So you're pretty good? First time? Got it. Hey, try him out, see what you can do, but if we're getting killed could you switch to someone you have experience with?"

I also ask ahead of time if anyone is a hit-scan main, but playing something else, and if they'd be willing to switch if a Pharah is eating us alive. Plant the seeds, calmly.

I am among those Bronze/ Silvers though, and they really just want some leadership. They're scared shitless that they suck, and they react badly if accused, or if they feel like everyone but them sucks. Encouragement goes a long way with them, and prevents the, "I'd be Plat if I didn't play with you nimrods! Have you seen my medals? Have you?!" player from gaining any traction.

Oh, and I didn't mean I thought I made you mad, I thought you might take further discussion as me disagreeing with you just to be an asshole.

Yeah its just such a touchy thing dealing with people in a game like this. If someone does swap I always thank them and try to send a post match message even if we lose still.

Well, I may be getting a hang of solo que, kind of. Went 2-3-3 today.

My new frustration now is holding teams to multiple overtime and losing. (i.e., Hollywood, hold the cap until overtime, then the enemy captures it, they capture the first checkpoint in OT, and would you look at that, they took the last checkpoint in OT).

ISOM

Torb needs to deleted to make room for a more interesting hero. Torb is boring to play and boring to play against. He's definitely not overpowered...just lame.

I kinda agree. Either that or completely redesign him. He's boring as is and niche.

Competitive has broken me. I solo q and I almost got to diamond and suddenly my rank took a nose dive. I've lost 600 points in the past week. I don't think I'm doing anything different. I'm so paranoid that I've even quadruple checked my settings in case I had vsync on or something. The teams I'm getting paired up with are absolutely terrible. No one counter picks. People stick to characters they're bad at or pick stuff we don't need. There's barely any team work or in a lot of instances none at all. Elo hell is real.

Blues1990

Competitive has broken me. I solo q and I almost got to diamond and suddenly my rank took a nose dive. I've lost 600 points in the past week. I don't think I'm doing anything different. I'm so paranoid that I've even quadruple checked my settings in case I had vsync on or something. The teams I'm getting paired up with are absolutely terrible. No one counter picks. People stick to characters they're bad at or pick stuff we don't need. There's barely any team work or in a lot of instances none at all. Elo hell is real.

For me, I just play the Weekly Brawl or Quick Play if Competitive isn't going my way. That way, I won't feel as stressed & can have fun doing whatever.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Torb needs two turrets

Get out.

Same here. Really close to Diamond then everything went to shit. I'm so far away now, i don't even care anymore.

Get out.

Same here. Really close to Diamond then everything went to shit. I'm so far away now, i don't even care anymore.

Relatable feel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom