• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

It was Mercy, RIP.

I got the Rein role. We won.

Mercy won you a game and yet you still begrudge her...

We did well on Route 66 defense and I think the defense Mercy was the one to go attack Mercy, I was going to mention going Ana but I respect Mercy mains and we won pretty easily.

We got about halfway to first checkpoint on Route 66, had a super toxic dude on our team (but he did play support to be fair).

On D I picked Symmetra and he yelled at me (I didn't have a mic plugged in). We held, I had three golds, and a clutch teleporter.

Mercy won you a game and yet you still begrudge her...

We did well on Route 66 defense and I think the defense Mercy was the one to go attack Mercy, I was going to mention going Ana but I respect Mercy mains and we won pretty easily.
Next game we had a Mercy to co heal with my Lucio on Oasis. They had an Ana, so I'm sure you can guess how that went.

we won 3-0

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alright, that's good to hear. I actually wonder how close the console meta is now compared to PC.

Also just a curious little thing. I found a whole bunch of overwatch merch in a shop called ctc, short for cigarettes tobacco cigars.

Weird.

They got reaper, soldier 76 and genji statuettes and also a whole bunch of character keychains. They didn't have any of the characters I mained so I only got the logo keychain.

NaGHKuF.jpg

Regarding Ana, I always see quickscope heals on PC gameplay videos but there's a scope in time on console which prevents this, has anyone else noticed this?

No, there is a scope in time on PC as well. You have to get used to it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
people like to use that bs line that pharmercy isn't just becuase 'hawt flying lesbians' and because of their great mechanic synergy

but if that were true why isn't zarya x hanzo a thing
c6bf9b08586c241b021dd04c204b7a85.png

Same, ended my session very frustrated.

Yeah, I fell about 250 SR today. Some of the games felt completely unwinnable. Like nothing I did had any effect on the outcome. Sitting at a healthy 3700 now. I was so close to GM. :l

people like to use that bs line that pharmercy isn't just becuase 'hawt flying lesbians' and because of their great mechanic synergy

but if that were true why isn't zarya x hanzo a thing
c6bf9b08586c241b021dd04c204b7a85.png

Because almost anyone combos with Zarya. It makes the synergies she has less exciting. With Pharah and Mercy though, the combo they have is fairly unique. It makes an interesting synergy that is unique to them and it's not a far leap to make them a couple in people's mind as they seem like a couple even in the game. But also hot flying lesbians.

I'm sure you were being at least a little sarcastic, but I was thinking about what really caused most of the pairings that fans have thought up given the lack of a fleshed out story earlier today so the thought was fresh in my mind.

Xeteh

CTF is the most garbage thing they've ever put in OW. Every game is Torb+Symm (sometimes a Bastion) on defense. This is seriously not even remotely fun.

Chance

So when Christmas Mei happened, a lot of folks expressed displeasure that it was just a recolor of her default skin with a santa hat and a snowman. Blizzard said they misjudged the cool factor (paraphrasing) on it.

Now Palanquin D.Va has happened and it's the exact same situation - a recolor of her (mech's) default skin, with a few dangly bits around the visor and a hanbok instead of a zero suit. Don't get me wrong - lovin' the hanbok - but feels pretty equal to Christmas Mei.

Are there fewer (if any?) expression of displeasure at this because a) Palanquin D.Va is just that awesome or b) Meirry set the precedent that this kinda' thing happens, and we're not surprised or bothered any more?

(I always liked Meirry, for the record, but her new year skin beats the heck out of it.)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So when Christmas Mei happened, a lot of folks expressed displeasure that it was just a recolor of her default skin with a santa hat and a snowman. Blizzard said they misjudged the cool factor (paraphrasing) on it.

Now Palanquin D.Va has happened and it's the exact same situation - a recolor of her (mech's) default skin, with a few dangly bits around the visor and a hanbok instead of a zero suit. Don't get me wrong - lovin' the hanbok - but feels pretty equal to Christmas Mei.

Are there fewer (if any?) expression of displeasure at this because a) Palanquin D.Va is just that awesome or b) Meirry set the precedent that this kinda' thing happens, and we're not surprised or bothered any more?

(I always liked Meirry, for the record, but her new year skin beats the heck out of it.)

Err what? They made way more changes with hanbok dva.

CTF is the most garbage thing they've ever put in OW. Every game is Torb+Symm (sometimes a Bastion) on defense. This is seriously not even remotely fun.

the other team did this and we held them inside their own base until the last minute then pounded in, stole the flag once and won lol.

Xeteh

Cool, never have to play CTF again.

Helped my friend win one because he wanted the box and we kept losing to premade teams. Finally get a match where we take a 2-0 lead almost immediately and the opponents just turtle up. Not a single one of them tried to attack until less than a minute left.

Burn CTF to the ground and lets never talk about it again.

Caim

PS4 GAF, my update says it's like 14gb. This constantly happens with just this game. Does any Ody else have this problem?

I think it just keeps showing the total size of the all the updates the game has had.

I've had it happen for some other games, but yeah it definitely should not be downloading 14gb just for this patch.

Freezing the entirety of the other team twice in a match only to have the play of the game be that guy on your team who didn't do much but pick up your kills, pretty demoralizing.

Ghazi

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753255248?page=3#post-55

Huh.

Well that's certainly one way to balance out the roadhog/dva dynamic.

Dva players complain that character is too weak in general -> OW dev replies that they're improving one ability in one/few scenarios -> following forum posts are people rejoicing.

What? That blue text is literally the word of god for those people.

As for the OP, the point of pilot form being weak is the tradeoff for having a powerful mech form. No one was complaining about baby Dva while she was all powerful. As much as she annoys me, they overnerfed Dva a little. They need to add a visual effect on her defense matrix representing duration too.

Though tbf, if there's a character's existence I want to overwrite because of how boring they are it would be mercy.
True, I mean, Ana is about as fun as a healer character has ever been in a game for me whereas Mercy being the TF2 medic turned into waifubait with wings is as dull here as it is in TF2. Alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom