• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
7ac.jpg

Lucio is worse. I think no support main actually wants to play Lucio. I don't.
Lmao. Lucio worse than Mercy? Not in a million, bajillion years.
How does it feel to be so wrong?
image.php

Nimby

Banned
Wallriding, booping enemies into pits, doing actual damage, helping the team doing the last push into the finish line with his ult. All super lame...

Lucio gun is super lame, and not damaging at all. Weaker than Mercy pistol actually.

When your team gives you room to maneuver as Mercy, she becomes really fun. When your team actually pushes with speed boosts then Lucio is fun I guess. Never happens, so I don't like playing him. One of my friends will at least go Pharah or something for Mercy.

lh8m1NZ.png

I really, really don't like iddqd's personality. BUT - this list doesn't have Clockwork who is just as toxic but half as good so change my opinion from vaguely optimistic to hoping with every fiber of my being that this lineup ends up happening.

They need to rework Shield Generator ASAP. Going treasure hunting, ignoring literally everything else going on, every match isn't what Overwatch should be about.

Nimby

Banned
The games that I have played Lucio, where our team actually worked as a unit and pushed with me. Those games are fun. I'd rather play any other support though.

Teleporters aren't the same as the Shield Generator. In a worst case scenario, they still expire.

And Mercy, as great as she is at healing, isn't giving heroes bonus health at zero risk to herself. Even with her ult, gamechanging rezzes don't just happen by themselves, they're something Mercy has to capitalise on.

And an aside, Sombra's ult still doesn't destroy Symm's turrets. C'mon.

Like, IIRC they couldn't balance Symmetra's shield passive with low-HP heroes, so their solution is an ult that increases problematic heroes' health by 50% instead? What??

Blizz pls. I'm mad.
Am I crazy or is Winston the actual worst hero in the game? I rarely if ever see people go ham with him

Winston's really good against anyone that is long-rang, or support-oriented, but near-powerless against anyone that can outdamage, slow, or out-maneuver him. (i.e. over half of the heroes in the game) He has to jump in, get his target, and jump out, keeping everyone unbalanced--because the moment people focus on him, he dies.

He's a difficult pick in the current meta, IMO. Symmetra's shield generator further weakens his ability to outlast opponents, a single Mei, Bastion, or Roadhog completely shuts him down, and he's not particularly useful against tanks other than Reinhardt (and even then, it's only because he can pierce the shield with his Tesla cannon.) It's like, he can be super useful, but the enemy has to leave a Winston-shaped hole in their defenses for it to be so.

lh8m1NZ.png

I really, really don't like iddqd's personality. BUT - this list doesn't have Clockwork who is just as toxic but half as good so change my opinion from vaguely optimistic to hoping with every fiber of my being that this lineup ends up happening.
Is this what NRGs new roster might be?
So if this turns out real

Dummy and Greggo Supports
IDDQD Hitscan
Numlocked Tank
Seagull on Projectiles and/or Zarya

Not sure about the Sypeh guy
Pretty solid lineup

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Would the alternative be D.va? 'Cause yeah.

It's weird how a hero with so much health seems so fragile. Guess it's the whole "my head is the size of my body" thing going on.

Not really.

Jump+tesla cleave+genji dash is still a hell of a combo and the bubble shield is still far better for dive initiation than defense matrix. People really underestimate the bubble. I constantly get annoyed at my dps not breaking it because it's hugely disruptive for my sightlines.

People that give up early are the worst. I understand it if the team composition is "trollish", but when we are actually doing decent on defense and losing the checkpoints on the ~3rd fight, it makes no sense. Comeback victories are one of the best experiences this game has to offer, but it seems like that for some people if they don't win the match on the first checkpoint then the game makes no sense.

ISOM

lh8m1NZ.png

I had a feeling that IDDQD was going to join NRG after I heard about Gods joining Cloud9. At least I thought it sounded like a good teamup of different skillsets.

Lucio is worse. I think no support main actually wants to play Lucio. I don't.

If you think playing Mercy or Lucio is boring, you're probably doing a bad job as those characters. Probably the most stressful characters in the game, lol. I go Tank or Attack when I need a breather.

Edit: With that said, how badly would the game break if they brought in an overheal for Mercy?

Foxxsoxx

If you think playing Mercy or Lucio is boring, you're probably doing a bad job as those characters. Probably the most stressful characters in the game, lol. I go Tank or Attack when I need a breather.

This right here. Though its usually just fun with friends because randumbs can be... well... dumb.

Just had a lovely match 5v6 where my team couldn't help the urge to trickle in 1 at a time ):

holysan

Speed boost though.
I terms of most fun kit Ana>Zen>Lucio>>>>>>>>>>>Mercy.

I think they should nerf Zen's dmg or block his dmg if he hasn't put his healing orb on someone lol. See so many bad Zen's nowadays. Everyone complains about Roadhog, but whenever I see this one Zen hunting someone he thinks he can kill, peaking behind a corner or the Reinshield, getting hooked and die, fml. Zen is never in the back and always on the frontline.

Is this what NRGs new roster might be?
So if this turns out real

Dummy and Greggo Supports
IDDQD Hitscan
Numlocked Tank
Seagull on Projectiles and/or Zarya

Not sure about the Sypeh guy
Pretty solid lineup

Sypeh plays projectile DPS for a smaller team called Citizen7. He's a really good player (who is honestly held back by his team some), but probably the one who doesn't quite mesh with the team roles as they are. I suppose if he ended up on NRG, Seagull would swap to an offtank role. Seagull's character pool is pretty large though, so the idea isn't really that crazy.

I had a feeling that IDDQD was going to join NRG after I heard about Gods joining Cloud9. At least I thought it sounded like a good teamup of different skillsets.

IDDQD is an excellent player, but - from my knowledge - a fairly bad teammate. His latest stream showed him tilting a lot less, but we'll see. I think putting him and Clockwork in the same proximity for an extended period of time is like smoking while pumping gas. Eventually there will be an explosion.

Grego hype though. Also, Tempo Storm is my favorite e-sports org, so knowing they are getting JKW and Sleepy - who is an insane Ana player - is getting me pretty pumped up. ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Just read the Lucio debate. I personally enjoy Lucio more, but besides personal preference there are a few issues people brought up that aren't really correct. The main one being Mercy having a higher DPS than Lucio.

Mercy's DPS per clip and reload is 80. Lucio's is lower at 64. These are the numbers you will generally see on any website. HOWEVER, Lucio's actual damage done in 1 sec is 80 - the exact same as Mercy's damage in any given second. The difference comes from Mercy's shorter reload and faster fire rate. Their actual damage per shot is the same and the difference doesn't really matter until a whole clip has been loaded into someone. Of course, while Mercy is shooting she is doing literally nothing else whereas Lucio is still functioning perfectly. Not to mention Lucio can get easy environmental kills.

Edit: Oops, I thought I was editing my above post. It's early and I have a long commute. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom