• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Just had 2 games in a roll where i play as a tank, either Zarya or Winston and im getting 4 gold.

I know gold doesnt mean everything, but COME ON man. COME ON.

A tank, with top DPS, top elim, top objective kill, top objective.

2 games in a roll.
Tanks getting 4 Golds isn't really a problem. Tanks are just DPSs with more health in this game. :p

Oxn

Tanks getting 4 Golds isn't really a problem. Tanks are just DPSs with more health in this game. :p

Like i said it doesnt mean everything, but it does mean something.

And i know of a fact my s76 does way more dmg than my winston or zarya.

But thats just me.

Blizzard has to do something about the toxic element in this game. I'm kind of tired of being called a faggot.

I think even sending words like that in chat should get you suspended.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Winston getting gold in elims isn't that surprising just by the nature of his gun.

In dmg though...

Also obj kills and obj time seriously doesn't mean much. A lot of the times the best positioning isn't on the objective.

antitrop

Being a Mercy main is pretty suffering with the new Roadhog.
New Hook doesn't really affect the interaction with Mercy specifically in any way, though. She was always pulled in close enough for an easy 1-shot and had little chance of escaping.

If anything, new hook is better for Mercy, because there's a small chance of the hook breaking when she's GA'ing around corners or whatever.

Antiwhippy

Being a Mercy main is pretty suffering with the new Roadhog.

Just make it weird for them.

Ckwq6TcUYAAaaz2.jpg

The wait time for matches is so much worse on PC, having to wait close to 5 minutes for any kinda of match compared to 30 sec or less on PS4. Do I need to level up a bunch before my q times are better or what? This sucks

New Hook doesn't really affect the interaction with Mercy specifically in any way, though. She was always pulled in close enough for an easy 1-shot and had little chance of escaping.

If anything, new hook is better for Mercy, because there's a small chance of the hook breaking when she's GA'ing around corners or whatever.
Yeah, she was always easy pickin's for him even during 1.0. It's Ana that's getting the receiving end of the supports now as her squirrelly hitbox is brought even closer for a more reliable 1 shot.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The wait time for matches is so much worse on PC, having to wait close to 5 minutes for any kinda of match compared to 30 sec or less on PS4. Do I need to level up a bunch before my q times are better or what? This sucks
I feel the same, though I am trying to suffer through it and somehow still get into the game. Coming from HotS where yeah it was 30 seconds max, it's very hard. My feeling was "isn't this supposed to be one of the most popular shooters out?" so they had to have fucked something up in the matchmaking or at least slowly fallen off the rails for giving newcomers a good experience.

I feel the same, though I am trying to suffer through it and somehow still get into the game. Coming from HotS where yeah it was 30 seconds max, it's very hard. My feeling was "isn't this supposed to be one of the most popular shooters out?" so they had to have fucked something up in the matchmaking or at least slowly fallen off the rails for giving newcomers a good experience.
Have you played competitive at all? I read of your complaints regarding how much downtime the game has and I agree, but I think it's compounded in QP/arcade and comp alleviates it due to having a complete match to play out and no expectation of sticking around after. My queue times are quicker as well comparatively.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Have you played competitive at all? I read of your complaints regarding how much downtime the game has and I agree, but I think it's compounded in QP/arcade and comp alleviates it due to having a complete match to play out and no expectation of sticking around after. My queue times are quicker as well comparatively.
I can't play competitive because I'm only level 21. It says so far I have played 8 hours plus a bunch of Arcade that apparently isn't tallied anywhere. Seems like an extremely long placement period to put newcomers through. I know some people have played 800 hours but not all of us are teenagers anymore or professional streamers on twitch.

Antiwhippy

Really?

My wait times are between 30s to a minute.

I can't play competitive because I'm only level 21. It says so far I have played 8 hours plus a bunch of Arcade that apparently isn't tallied anywhere. Seems like an extremely long placement period to put newcomers through.
Ah, gutted. You're not too far off at least.

Skii

It's probably because you're a lot better than most people at your level and have a higher MMR making it difficult for you to queue. Remember how bad we all were at lv 1-20 lol.

Xeteh

Highlight of my Overwatch play in a real long time. Just playing some random heroes 6v6.

fOdJyg5.jpg

I checked to make sure there was actually no XTETH.

rulerk1

played comp today because i was tired of QP silliness. First match had 4 enemies trolling and saying hello for rounds two and three. Sent a message to one of the dudes trying but haven't got a response back yet. Platinum is no different than gold and that disappoints me.

PS: we did not have a stupid team comp so maybe its a little different :p

caesar

Banned
So what's my best option for getting better q times? Suffer until 25 and play comp only to get my level higher, which will help gel better with my hidden MMR?

Yeh, when I got my smurf I was so far above 99.9% of the other lvl 1-25s it literally took me 8 mins to find a game.

Duo with someone who has a rank and it should shorten the q.

Antiwhippy

Yeah honestly, if they made maps appropriate for it and have some sort of incentive that actually encourages prior to be somewhat coordinated i can see it turning into a pretty fun mode.

Antiwhippy

If we're back to dive being viable (and the koreans seem to think so) i can't wait to see the god mccrees coming out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom