• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reaper might as well have been deleted from the game post-76 buff and hook 2.0

Hog probably needs a deadzone on his hook

Blues1990

Yeah, good times. I'm up for more for sure.

Just bad luck. I bought a bunch of boxes after the event started - I got golds in 4 boxes in a row, and I've consistently been getting purples.

Incidentally, I had bad luck during the Christmas event. I went like 20 boxes without a gold. FeltBadMan.

Same. I'm down to play with you guys again, as it's always a blast to play with others on the forum.

NeoRaider

I think that Zen can be a beast and he is so much fun also i am very good with him. BUT i almost never pick him, especially when i am healing alone.

What is wrong with me??

Nimby

Banned
Hope Apex delivers in the next few days, shame it's so spread out. Besides Immortals, definitely not impressed with the patch and the event. And hopefully they find out why complexity keeps crashing the servers.

Anne

Hope Apex delivers in the next few days, shame it's so spread out. Besides Immortals, definitely not impressed with the patch and the event. And hopefully they find out why complexity keeps crashing the servers.

The server crash also happened to LW Blue at APEX. The Koreans seemed a lot more hella pissed about it too.

Agreed. I was hoping to see more dive comps, but NA teams are still mostly sticking with triple/quad tank comps.

Kevyt

Thats a bummer for Immortals.

I'm also loving how the twitch chat is having a boy-crush with the middle commentator guy.

Jellie

Who was the guy that got picked up by a top team based on his ranked play? Think it was an EU team maybe. Can't remember his role but just remembered it so wanna know where he's at now.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
widow is on the enemy team

widow and hanzo are on mine

there's a minimum 3 s nipers every qp game because 'i gotta practice bro'

I've been playing a lot of hanzo in qp recently and all I gotta say is

if you're losing a lot I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but team comp aint one.

Hes in the bottom 5, thats trash tier.

people who think junkrat is bad, have never played junkrat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good stuff by ghost gaming. Winghaven and harbleau has been seriously outplayed by their counterparts in iremix and connorj, which seriously surprised me.

Winghaven in particular made so many bad plays holy shit.

So Complexity got rolled? Who the hell is Ghost?

I couldn't believe Harb came out on Zarya every game. Is he considered a top tier pro? Or is he just a really good streamer/solo que guy? Because I'm never as impressed in tourneys as I am just watching his stream, except for months ago when he was one of the few playing Hog and dominating with him.

Today that other Hog seemed to match if not best him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I couldn't believe Harb came out on Zarya every game. Is he considered a top tier pro? Or is he just a really good streamer/solo que guy? Because I'm never as impressed in tourneys as I am just watching his stream, except for months ago when he was one of the few playing Hog and dominating with him.

No, harb is pretty good in pro games, but connorj has been making top tier plays for awhile now. I didn't expect him to outplay harb so much though. Harb was constantly losing the roadhog battles.

Also I don't know what it is about the team's positioning or winghaven not shield correctly but they gave connorj way too many free hooks on defense which is a big no no.

No, harb is pretty good in pro games, but connorj has been making top tier plays for awhile now. I didn't expect him to outplay harb so much though. Harb was constantly losing the roadhog battles.

Also I don't know what it is about the team's positioning or winghaven not shield correctly but they gave connorj way too many free hooks on defense which is a big no no.
But overall Ghost is inferior to Complexity right?

Obviously not today, but Complexity is considered better? Or is that just Harb propaganda from his stream (always saying they are top 5 NA)

Harbleu is an old hand at TF2 (roaming soldier and medic) who came over in the great migration along with Seagull. He's been a pro gamer for a long time.

Anne

Obviously not today, but Complexity is considered better? Or is that just Harb propaganda from his stream (always saying they are top 5 NA)

Complexity has been considered strong in NA for awhile, but they have never consistently beat the top teams and have lost to lower tier teams often.

I would not call them top 5 NA at all anymore, although at some point or another they were near the 4/5 spot.

Ghost is a newer team that just showed up in quals.

Skii

Reaper might as well have been deleted from the game post-76 buff and hook 2.0

Hog probably needs a deadzone on his hook

Yeah I was bullying a Reaper today with Roadhog and I rarely ever play him. This patch is a blessing for bad Roadhogs like me. I don't even have to bother with placing my shot anymore after hook.

I've also seen how pathetic I must look to Roadhogs as Genji. There was one right in front of me who deflected my hook and then I hooked him anyway because hook has faster CD lol.

Kain

Holy fucking shit is Hog brutal. We just won an Oasis match and I got 35 hooks, I'm not even a regular Hog player, I usually pick support lol

I experienced the LOS thing now, I hooked a Lucio just when he was going against a wall out of my sight and I didn't reel him in, so I guess it's working ok now. Though if you hook someone and then you get repelled (by Pharah or Lucio for example) wonky things still happen.

Anyway, the best moment was hooking the same Pharah for like three times in a row in the air. OMG I've never done anything more satisfying in this game to date lol

NeoRaider

Holy fucking shit is Hog brutal. We just won an Oasis match and I got 35 hooks, I'm not even a regular Hog player, I usually pick support lol

I experienced the LOS thing now, I hooked a Lucio just when he was going against a wall out of my sight and I didn't reel him in, so I guess it's working ok now. Though if you hook someone and then you get repelled (by Pharah or Lucio for example) wonky things still happen.

Anyway, the best moment was hooking the same Pharah for like three times in a row in the air. OMG I've never done anything more satisfying in this game to date lol

Hooking Pharah when she is starting her Ulti is best thing ever!

Nah, I'd say that Ghost is better than Complexity. Complexity overall this entire tournament has looked completely outclassed by them, whether it be teamfight coordination or ult conservation.

Jellie

Yeah I was bullying a Reaper today with Roadhog and I rarely ever play him. This patch is a blessing for bad Roadhogs like me. I don't even have to bother with placing my shot anymore after hook.

I've also seen how pathetic I must look to Roadhogs as Genji. There was one right in front of me who deflected my hook and then I hooked him anyway because hook has faster CD lol.
I'm still a garbage Roadhog. Feels bad. I need to hold down m1 I think.

Mr Git

widow is on the enemy team

widow and hanzo are on mine

there's a minimum 3 s nipers every qp game because 'i gotta practice bro'

I have more problems with Widows than Hanzos - the latter at least seems to move around and be more useful. Occasionally you'll see amazing Widows (although pretty rare on console) but most are useless shit - especially since I usually out-snipe them with Mei. Normally it's annoying because you need a tank and a healer, there's two spots open and they both fill with Widow and a Hanzo.

Couple hours ago.

Edit: Already downloaded the Rooster update. So I've got no idea what this is. All I can find it's some fixes. But how can it be 14 gigs. Version 2.04 for the PS4 by the way.

It's probably not 14 gigs. Ps4 does this weird thing where it seems to tell you you're downloading a massive patch - but it's actually just the total size of all your data. I've definitely been prematurely outraged at my PS4 about it before though.

antitrop

Mercy isn't amused by Reinhardt's offer for some arm wrestling

uKovThr.png

Twookie

after getting just 20-10 sr to get to diamond and then getting a sick lose streak so many times, i have finally gotten to diamond

life's good

the games i've had where everyone were diamond sr have been all trash btw

after getting just 20-10 sr to get to diamond and then getting a sick lose streak so many times, i have finally gotten to diamond

life's good

the games i've had where everyone were diamond sr have been all trash btw
Had one yesterday on King's Row where a three stack I was matched with began to throw because another solo on our team picked Widow on defense. People are dumb.

Twookie

Had one yesterday on King's Row where a three stack I was matched with began to throw because another solo on our team picked Widow on defense. People are dumb.

just had played one game just now where our hanzo refused to switch

"just believe"
loss

the game before that we had attack widow on temple of anubis that didn't get any pickoffs

didn't switch
loss

the trench never ends i swear

Trying to get a feel for the current balance and it's like kills are basically gained via one shot abilities or sustained group focus fire, the gap in the middle which could be considered close to a good ol' fashioned shoot out seems to have taken a strange turn with all the various modifications to healers and sped up shield/health recoveries making them last an eternity until one of the first two points steps in.
I swear I was lobbing orbs into a discorded junkrat yet the Mercy stick was just about keeping him from actually perishing, maybe headshots are now more important than ever.

Or this could just be my ramblings from a series of lacklustre matches.

Oxn

Just had 2 games in a roll where i play as a tank, either Zarya or Winston and im getting 4 gold.

I know gold doesnt mean everything, but COME ON man. COME ON.

A tank, with top DPS, top elim, top objective kill, top objective.

2 games in a roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom