• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any GAFers who want to team up for competitive gold? I'm stuck in the 2000-2300s. Just reply to this post or PM me

(or add me on PSN: thickstone)

NeoRaider

Got that fucking Mercy skin for the 3rd time today.
I can't believe that this is happening. There are more than 10 event skins and it won't stop giving me Mercy skin!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got that fucking Mercy skin for the 3rd time today.
I can't believe that this is happening. There are more than 10 event skins and it won't stop giving me Mercy skin!
It's pretty so I was glad to get it and I'll use it for the event, but it soon gave me the Sigrun skin which is awesome so I don't know how much I'll use the LNY one after the event. I got one box that was all dupes, which is surprising since I'm a beginner, but I guess $185 gold in one box isn't bad.

Complistic

Ok, so road hog does need something. He feels like dva before the patch. He just sorta has the presence. Honestly I think 2 second longer hook and a .5 second more delay between hooking and shooting would be enough.

Angel_DvA

Ok, so road hog does need something. He feels like dva before the patch. He just sorta has the presence. Honestly I think 2 second longer hook and a .5 second more delay between hooking and shooting would be enough.

Yeah he need to be nerf to the ground, dude has everything and a free kill every X seconds...

NeoRaider

They should also nerf his healing ability. Cooldown is very short and it charges his Ulti so fast.

cyborg009

Banned
<3 Mercy. I actually like her the best because she is the easiest support mechanically to play!

Playing Mercy will actually teach you good positioning.

Eh I've mercy mains pocket a full HP Reinhardt while everyone else is dying.

Got the Mei's lunar skin and Tracer's Rose skin. Already got two legendary gold chests, feels bad man :/

I only got one skin, during the Christmas event I got most of them without actually paying any.

This is why we should take Overbuff and other stat tracking websites with a grain of salt.

pdqgtGb.png

That's every character I played with during my 3 game win streak, obviously I didn't lose with any of them, but I got 4 losses and one win according to Overbuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
another game where we could have had multiple team wipes if the mercy stuck on me but instead she flies away and leaves me SOL

Braag

It takes couple minutes to find a match in QP and each one I end up in is few seconds away from defeat. Feel like the player base has shrunk or something at least on PC.

You know how sometimes when a Mei kills you it just makes your blood boil? Yeah, well. Instead of Mei being the trigger fuel, it's now Roadhog. Holy shit. The bane of my existence right now

Blues1990

You know how sometimes when a Mei kills you it just makes your blood boil? Yeah, well. Instead of Mei being the trigger fuel, it's now Roadhog. Holy shit. The bane of my existence right now
A good Tracer player is the thing that can lose my cool, which is why I'm considering learning one of her counters.

@ the lower gold ranks Pharah/Reaper/Zen can run the board, so I would say practice up on them.

Do you have some general advice for Zen?

I mostly try to stay behind and try to send out orbs. My accuracy with his projectiles sucks ass though and I'll miss anything that moves so I mostly stick to targets that are straight in front of me. With a controller I don't see that changing anytime soon.

antitrop

This is why we should take Overbuff and other stat tracking websites with a grain of salt.

pdqgtGb.png

That's every character I played with during my 3 game win streak, obviously I didn't lose with any of them, but I got 4 losses and one win according to Overbuff.
Overbuff actually counted all of stats for one game negatively last night. I'll post a pic when I get on a home PC, but it's jacked up.

V-Faction

It weird fighting in places I hardly ever think to trek during a normal match whilst playing CTF. I'd love to see an overview hotmap vs. what it looks like normally.

Anne

I don't want the Hog thing to distract from the fact that 76 is still way too good at any ranking.

A lot of the things I said about Soldier falling off in favor for more specialized DPS is looking to already be true. Honestly I'd rather have a Tracer than Solider in a lot of cases these days.

Roadhog isn't even that broke tbh, he's just probably the most out of line thing still hanging around.

xaosslug

Do you have some general advice for Zen?

I mostly try to stay behind and try to send out orbs. My accuracy with his projectiles sucks ass though and I'll miss anything that moves so I mostly stick to targets that are straight in front of me. With a controller I don't see that changing anytime soon.

a lot of peeps play Zen as the master arbitrator of life and death, choosing who to "mark" for death, but when your team isn't coordinated (like gold ranks mostly is) that's super difficult, so it's best to just go w/ the flow of the battle and try and keep track of who your teammates are focusing and discord them to give a helping hand, etc. So, watch who a couple of teammates are focusing, and discord them. I always try to stay w/ 1 or 2 teammates, never stray far enough back that the enemies will notice me and try to flank, and if I notice an enemy out of position/looking like they might be trying to flank - immediately discord as that will usually (it doesn't work every time, sometimes they're super reckless and still try to come in for a kill!) get them to fall back.

and I know Zen has great DPS, but I also try not to focus too hard on killing and let my team do most of the work and focus on keeping enemies purple.

in the lower ranks discord is like gold, Jerry! Gold!

Chance

good Tracer jukes easily all of those except MAYBE good McCree

Roadhog is iffy with hook 2.0 now

Tracer dies to unexpected burst damage. Mei/McCree headshot, Roadhog hook, Junk combo, et cetera. Anything that can just delete her tiny health bar before someone could react.

You mostly die to the hook when you don't know the Roadhog was there.

Skii

McCree is the only true counter to Tracer. Even Roadhog is 50/50 because she can juke hooks as well as build ult off Roadhog before sticking it to him.

xaosslug

good Tracer jukes easily all of those except MAYBE good McCree

Roadhog is iffy with hook 2.0 now

so, this is a "good Tracer" vs equally good players or smurfing on bad opponents? I don't see any situation where a good Tracer comes out on top of any of those other heroes, unless they're just plain bad? >__>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so, this is a "good Tracer" vs equally good players or smurfing on bad opponents? I don't see any situation where a good Tracer comes out on top of any of those other heroes, unless they're just plain bad? >__>

Tracer has more outs than all of those opponents. Any fight Tracer doesn't want to pick, she doesn't have to pick. It's not like Genji where Winstons cd can chase him wherever he goes.

It's pretty much common knowledge that Tracer hard counters Winston.

xaosslug

Tracer has more outs than all of those opponents. Any fight Tracer doesn't want to pick, she doesn't have to pick. It's not like Genji where Winstons cd can chase him wherever he goes.

It's pretty much common knowledge that Tracer hard counters Winston.

so, basically, because Tracer can run away = those characters don't counter her? Um. If you are constantly hiding/not in the fight then you are effectively being countered.

Anne

McCree is the best way to fight Tracer period. Even without flashbang he he can hitscan headshot her for like 95% of her life.

A lot of "counters" don't exist in the sense of rock > scissors. It's more like rock should beat scissors in a neutral situation 60-70% of the time. A lot o fit comes down to countering comps and strats.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so, basically, because Tracer can run away = those characters don't counter her? Um. If you are constantly hiding/not in the fight then you are effectively being countered.

except for the part where she's drilling away at you and charging her ult because her range is further than your range.

xaosslug

except for the part where she's drilling away at you and charging her ult because her range is further than your range.

once again - are these players of equal competence w/ their heroes? They wouldn't already know Tracer's game and have it down?

IDK why peeps come w/ these non-real world scenarios where one character is all knowing/powerful vs. a bunch of scrubs. -__-

but anyway, how does any of this work vs. Pharah, or Symm for that matter, who would be melting Tracer while Tracer is trying to take out the mini turrets, or her mini turrets would be lasering Tracer while Tracer's trying to take Symm out...

Symmetra? Winston? Mei? Junkrat? Pharah? McCree? Roadhog?

all I've gotten so far is Symm's skin. Gotdamn.

I main Tracer and I don't consider any of those a counter really. McCree is the closest I guess, but I rarely come across one that gives me trouble.

And yeah Roadhog is just ult charge for Tracer with hook 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom