• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

so you are saying it doesn't matter how skilled a Symm is they would never be able to take on an equally skilled Tracer? Really? I highly doubt this.

But what does Symmetra do if Tracer stays out of range? Even if you're at low health and try to hide in your room of turrets, she can still kill you and recall that health. And if you're forced to stay in your room of turrets to stay safe, then you're not in the fight and Tracer is countering you. Not to mention that Tracer bomb kills your teleporter/shield generator as well. I'd definitely say Tracer is a good counter for Symmetra in general.

xaosslug

Too bad Blizzard doesn't take comp seriously. I dunno, maybe fans aren't vocal enough about it or they're satisfied because for the GM/500 everything is fine apparently.

Edit: I'm making a short video where as Symmetra I rape Tracers, McCrees, Soldiers, Reapers, Genjis and in huge team fights I destroy D.vas, Roadhogs and even Reinharts like it's no one's business.

apparently, GAF is sleeping on Symmetra or just really bad @ her so they're disregarding her ability? Mess.

xaosslug

But what does Symmetra do if Tracer stays out of range? Even if you're at low health and try to hide in your room of turrets, she can still kill you and recall that health. And if you're forced to stay in your room of turrets to stay safe, then you're not in the fight and Tracer is countering you. Not to mention that Tracer bomb kills your teleporter/shield generator as well. I'd definitely say Tracer is a good counter for Symmetra in general.

what games are you playing where Tracer has this much free reign to not only stay out of Symm's range while shooting her, but not taking any damage from Symm or anyone else? Like I said, if this is a scenario Symm (or anyone, for that matter) is up against then their team is just bad in general. And sure, Tracer's bomb can destroy Symm's set up + kill Symm, but so can anyone else's ult? And if Symm is forcing you to spend ults solely on her then yeah, she's doing her job just fine.

IDK what Symm's y'all are coming up against that just gives you her lunch money w/o any struggle, but sounds cool!

GAF is mostly diamond lol. I don't think at that ELO Symmetra beats Tracer in any situation other than hard camping a tiny room.

isn't Vault our resident Tracer main? We need his input/experience as far as coming toe-to-toe w/ Symm...

Symm has a much lower skill ceiling. A great Tracer will headshot kill Symm in 0.5 seconds.

Not unless they're standing still.

GAF is mostly diamond lol. I don't think at that ELO Symmetra beats Tracer in any situation other than hard camping a tiny room.

I'm GM and I hardly ever have trouble with Tracer when playing Sym. Not saying Sym counters her, but I can usually put enough pressure on them while strafing their shots to force a recall.

xaosslug

Not unless they're standing still.

I'm GM and I hardly ever have trouble with Tracer when playing Sym. Not saying Sym counters her, but I can usually put enough pressure on them while strafing their shots to force a recall.

UPZDcSr.gif

Sym doesn't hard counter Tracer or anything, but her main attack (not to mention the potential for turrets) is generally enough to run her off, unless she's willing to fully commit to the attack. In which case, she's generally low health and low on Blinks and gets cleaned up by the team, so it's not a great strategy.

You know, I don't play very many multiplayer games. I don't, I'm more of a single player guy. I knew the Overwatch community had kind of developed a notoriety for unpleasant behavior. I've seen it before, I've played dota 2 after all.

Even still, I'm shocked by how fast things can escalate to blunt death threats. Which is funny sometimes I'll admit, but also sad because it ruins the experience for a lot of people. Shows how completely emotionally immature people can be.

KiraFA37

So I'm trying to practice Pharah in QP and there just are McCree's, Soldiers, Ana's and Widowmakers everywhere instead of the usuall Junkrats, Hanzo, Genji, Mercy mains. Makes it much more of a challenge then it already is.

DevilDog

Symmetra doesn't counter tracer, and tracer doesn't counter her.

If she gets the drop on her however, it's very possible.

If Symm is fully charged, the math alone says that she has a good chance v tracer.

If she's got 0 charge tracer is probably going to win. But as with many of these discussions about low hp/high damage characters, it's about who gets the drop on who.

Ellite25

Sigh. I hate when I play with inept team after inept team.

SR has dropped 300 points after hitting a season high. I thought maybe I would hit diamond but I guess not. It's frustrating how so much depends on who you get put in a game with.

ricelord

If Symm is fully charged, the math alone says that she has a good chance v tracer.

If she's got 0 charge tracer is probably going to win. But as with many of these discussions about low hp/high damage characters, it's about who gets the drop on who.

pretty much this, hell symm counter genji more then she does tracer.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd like to imagine that 14,780 damage in a game was as Mercy not Pharah.

Just got my 5th Ana potg, freaked out and caused my game to bug out.
Game must've thought such a rare occurrence was a glitch.

I was so sure I was going to finally get one at last today under the guise of lifesaver as I simultaneously took out a Rein mid charge and healed their snagged charge victim Zarya and myself with a grenade just after sending a nanoboosted D-Va into the point.
At least the PotG came from the aftermath of saving that Zarya as she cleaned up.
IT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED WITHOUT MEEEEEE!

Permanently A

Man, I think I'm just bad. Haven't been able to break out of plat this season. Mainly playing Lucio or Zen if the enemy team is super tanky. Its weird cause I got 65 the first season. Not sure what changed.

ohkay

Man, I think I'm just bad. Haven't been able to break out of plat this season. Mainly playing Lucio or Zen if the enemy team is super tanky. Its weird cause I got 65 the first season. Not sure what changed.
Same, but I switched from PS4 to PC and can't crack diamond

Sigh.. I'm kind of over laddering. I don't know how I can get trolls in almost every game. Having bad teammates is one thing but having people who intentionally antagonize people and choose bad characters over and over is another. Is there some kind of secret rep system in this game that I'm going negative in?

Mendrox

Sigh.. I'm kind of over laddering. I don't know how I can get trolls in almost every game. Having bad teammates is one thing but having people who intentionally antagonize people and choose bad characters over and over is another. Is there some kind of secret rep system in this game that I'm going negative in?

Well it's not like the enemy team always has the best guys in the world. They surely have shit players themselves.

Always remember:

1/4 matches you get rolled and you cannot change anything and lose
1/4 matches you will roll the enemy team and win
1/2 matches are fair and both teams have to completely rely on skill and are influenced by your plays (and everyone elses of course)

darklin0

Banned
Everyday I am disliking Roadhog's new hook more and more.

I never had problems with killing the people I hooked so that change is not a huge factor for me, but the line of sight changes are getting on my nerves.

It is the little things like;
I hook someone and the payload edges slightly in the way and breaks my hook.
Someone I clearly hooked but the slight momentum of their movement edges them around a corner and it breaks my hook.
An enemy is on high ground but I can clearly see their head but it is not enough so my hook breaks.
It is harder to drag someone off the map with you due to the line of site changes.
I can't hook people that I can see through the bottom of the payload.

It just bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom