• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkay

but anyway, how does any of this work vs. Pharah, or Symm for that matter, who would be melting Tracer while Tracer is trying to take out the mini turrets, or her mini turrets would be lasering Tracer while Tracer's trying to take Symm out...
a good tracer wouldn't be dumb enough to engage a symmetra where her nest is

Anne

Just tuned in an both teams running Rein, Zarya, Pharah, Tracer, Lucio and Ana.
Tank meta over?

Too early to say, also NGE is tier 2 NA while tier 1 NA is in Korea. It's looking good to run non 3 tank set ups, but Zarya/Rein/Hog is still a good shell.

antitrop

I think they're just using Lucio speed boost to get Sym up to the front quickly.
Guess it was a weird mistake, because after the Pause, they came back with just Ana/Symmetra.

Not that it matters, Luminosity just walked that payload right up to the point like it was nothing.

NeoRaider

I am becoming little better with Sombra.
Actually i forgot the last time i picked her. But yesterday and today i tried again and something just clicked. I had good matches with her and got career best for DMG and good eliminations.

Zaventem

Haven't played in a while but i came back for that new zen skin. Found out i save up 2700 from way back and grinded out the rest of the cash. I'm pretty happy, and i got Reinhardt's and Winston skin after 15 boxes too. Everything feels slower for some reason though.

xaosslug

A good Tracer won't engage into tight places and her turrets don't work as well out in the open.

why do peeps keep saying "good Tracer" like it matters? You would be facing a "good Symm" too, and they're not exactly stupid?

and LBR an AVERAGE Tracer would be eaten alive by even a bad Symm.

ohkay

and Symm can literally set her "nest" up wherever she wants, now that all 6 turrets are @ the ready. So, that's Tracer countered, I guess? ;P
Not really, it still takes her time to set up, and the tracer can choose when and where to engage symmetra because of her superior mobility. If the symm is setting up, she (symmetry) doesn't really have that option

xaosslug

Not really, it still takes her time to set up, and the tracer can choose when and where to engage symmetra. If the symm is setting up, she (symmetry) doesn't really have that option

i'm guessing you don't play Symm? It takes no time at all to drop all 6 turrets - just throw up a shield and unload. LOL

Nimby

Banned
Symmetra doesn't counter Tracer. You can't melt her with your beam because she can blink around it, same thing with your turrets, and Tracer can just spray in their general direction to take them out even out of their effective range.

xaosslug

Symmetra doesn't counter Tracer. You can't melt her with your beam because she can blink around it, same thing with your turrets, and Tracer can just spray in their general direction to take them out even out of their effective range.

and while she's "spraying in the general direction" of the turrets Symm will be melting her. Symm handles Tracer just fine.

i'm guessing y'all ain't played much Symm after the rework? Tracer would have to use 2 blinks to get out of Symm's laser range, add to that during the fight Tracer would likely have to recall at some point to regain any hp lost, and that leaves 1 more blink... which she would have to use to escape. And in that time Symm would be replacing any turrets Tracer's destroyed.

Skii

why do peeps keep saying "good Tracer" like it matters? You would be facing a "good Symm" too, and they're not exactly stupid?

It's more complex than that. Hypothetically, If you had someone who's played 5 hours on Symmetra vs someone who's played 5 hours on Tracer, the Symmetra would probably win because Tracer has a much higher skill ceiling. But the more each person plays of those 2 characters, the match up starts to swing in the Tracer player's favour. That's why at diamond or above a Tracer main would decimate a Symmetra main as the Tracer main would have a lot of time on Tracer and clearly understands how to use her.

NeoRaider

With turrets and E she can do fine against Tracer imo.

xaosslug

It's more complex than that. Hypothetically, If you had someone who's played 5 hours on Symmetra vs someone who's played 5 hours on Tracer, the Symmetra would probably win because Tracer has a much higher skill ceiling. But the more each person plays of those 2 characters, the match up starts to swing in the Tracer player's favour. That's why at diamond or above a Tracer main would decimate a Symmetra main as the Tracer main would have a lot of time on Tracer and clearly understands how to use her.

again - you are saying a higher skilled Tracer vs. a lower skilled Symm would win and sure, I agree w/ that. But a highly skilled Symm vs. a highly skilled Tracer? Tracer's dead. And if she's not it's because she was smart enough not to engage the enemy Symm, which makes her soundly countered.

Sane_Man

again - you are saying a higher skilled Tracer vs. a lower skilled Symm would win and sure, I agree w/ that. But a highly skilled Symm vs. a highly skilled Tracer? Tracer's dead. And if she's not it's because she was smart enough not to engage the enemy Symm, which makes her soundly countered.

Symm has a much lower skill ceiling. A great Tracer will headshot kill Symm in 0.5 seconds.

Jellie

Probably because if you are trying to counter the tracer you would assume they are good if they need countering.

ohkay

is this before or after Symm's team kills the Tracer? Is Tracer a sniper, now? And would she be shooting THROUGH Symm's shield? Y'all are tew much.
So now you bring in the symmetra's team? Does the tracer not also have a team to back her up?

Sane_Man

is this before or after Symm's team kills the Tracer? Is Tracer a sniper, now? And would she be shooting THROUGH Symm's shield? Y'all are tew much.

LOL what. Way to move the goalposts.

The team comment is pointless because that completely depends on the specific context. We're talking 1 on 1 here. Tracer blinks through the shield and headshots Symm in 0.5 seconds.

xaosslug

So now you bring in the symmetra's team? Does the tracer not also have a team to back her up?
LOL what. Way to move the goalposts.

The team comment is pointless because that completely depends on the specific context. We're talking 1 on 1 here. Tracer blinks through the shield and headshots Symm in 0.5 seconds.

Symmetra is usually sitting on the point or hanging in the backline - where Tracer has to come to engage Symm? What is happening in this dream scenario where Tracer is completely decimating Symm and Symm's team is afk?

i think this poor Symm has bigger problems than the godly Tracer at this point! xD

Nimby

Banned
and while she's "spraying in the general direction" of the turrets Symm will be melting her. Symm handles Tracer just fine.

i'm guessing y'all ain't played much Symm after the rework?

No. Literally just a Symmetra main. A good Tracer vs. a good Symmetra should result in the Tracer winning. Some people really overstate her kill potential.

Sane_Man

Symmetra is usually sitting on the point or hanging in the backline - where Tracer has to come to engage Symm? What is happening in this dream scenario where Tracer is completely decimating Symm and Symm's team is afk?

i think this poor Symm has bigger problems than the godly Tracer at this point! xD

Likely scenerio: Team fight at the front going on, Tracer blinks behind or flanks around, headshots Symm before she or her team has time to react.

Taking the team out of it, the only chance Symm has is if she's in a small room with her 6 turrets up.

Rizzi

Good fucking luck headshotting Symmetra through her millions of shield hp before Symmetra just holds down M1 and jumps around like a spaz.

Skii

No, I'm saying that a highly skilled Tracer vs a highly skilled Symmetra means that Tracer will win all the time because Tracer has a far higher skill ceiling.

NeoRaider

No, I'm saying that a highly skilled Tracer vs a highly skilled Symmetra means that Tracer will win all the time because Tracer has a far higher skill ceiling.

With predictable blinks or during the cooldown Symmetra can melt her in one second tho. As Symmetra i usually have no problem killing Tracers. 1 or 2 turrets + M1 = Bye Tracer.

Skii

Nerf Rein pls

Couldn't save my hanjo ;_;

Lol the Reinhardt is just swinging away like "where the fuck did he go?"

With predictable blinks or during the cooldown Symmetra can melt her in one second tho. As Symmetra i usually have no problem killing Tracers. 1 or 2 turrets + M1 = Bye Tracer.

But good Tracers dont have predictable blinks or have them on CD unless they are out of range. You can just blink through Symmetra and one clip her, you could just stay out of range and slowly break her down, you could just pulse bomb her... There's so many options for Tracer.

xaosslug

Likely scenerio: Team fight at the front going on, Tracer blinks behind or flanks around, headshots Symm before she or her team has time to react.

Taking the team out of it, the only chance Symm has is if she's in a small room with her 6 turrets up.

a true fantasy scenario. xD

so you are saying it doesn't matter how skilled a Symm is they would never be able to take on an equally skilled Tracer? Really? I highly doubt this.

Too bad Blizzard doesn't take comp seriously. I dunno, maybe fans aren't vocal enough about it or they're satisfied because for the GM/500 everything is fine apparently.

Edit: I'm making a short video where as Symmetra I rape Tracers, McCrees, Soldiers, Reapers, Genjis and in huge team fights I destroy D.vas, Roadhogs and even Reinharts like it's no one's business.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Was playing Mystery Heroes in Arcade
We were Attack on Hollywood

Our Roadhog hooks the Defenses Junkrat

The line fucking made me laugh hard
Insta-Gib

"I'm tired of hearing your voice!"

Sane_Man

a true fantasy scenario. xD

You're crazy man. I've wrecked Symm as Tracer in those kinda situations plenty of times. And I've been killed as Symm by Tracer in similar situations a bunch too.

I don't know what you're picturing in your mind in these scenarios but it's not based in reality. Tracer can kill Symm before she has time to react.

When the lucio on your so far winning KotH team decides to secretly switch to their console widowmaker in training when you also already have a hanzo on your team.

b6wE26d.gif

Not even my switch to healing could save the lack of people on the point, oh well at least I got a Winston PotG with three people punched into the Ilios Abyss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom