• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

I miss the feeling of clutches CSGO used to give me. I hardly ever get it with OW.

Last game I played soldier, and was left alone on the point with 3 enemies, a pilot dva, soldier 76 and ana.

I managed to kill all 3 of them and win the overtime on the point and we took the round. Felt so good.

bs000

73lJEHO.png

i did it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Years ago I used a coolermaster 212 on my i5, it's still going after gosh.. 5-6 years?! Never had to change the fans or anything, really easy to install and taking the fans off the heat sink for cleaning is dead simple, they just clip on. It is quite tall though.

Mmmm, it's one of those backplate types though.

Antiwhippy

So looking at the overwatch NGE finals, the demise of DVa seems to be greatly exaggerated.

I dunno if she'll remain meta really, or if she'll be crowded out by a better option, but out-of-meta is not the same as unplayably bad that DVa mains have been crying about. She can still do work. Just got to be smarter about diving instead of braindead diving into a crowd with minimal risk.

Oxn

So looking at the overwatch NGE finals, the demise of DVa seems to be greatly exaggerated.

I dunno if she'll remain meta really, or if she'll be crowded out by a better option, but out-of-meta is not the same as unplayably bad that DVa mains have been crying about. She can still do work. Just got to be smarter about diving instead of braindead diving into a crowd with minimal risk.

Well if both teams use DVA it evens out lol.

Danj

6 losses in a row in arcade mystery heroes, anyone else think the "rebalance after 3 losses" function needs adding to this mode too?

Antiwhippy

Well if both teams use DVA it evens out lol.

Not even really. Seems like it's between her and zarya. Hyped primarily on DVa player and did a lot of work. Seems like it's a distinction of the verticality of the map.

Still, point is that while I won't pretend to be able to guess how the meta will turn out ultimately, but Dva can still a ton of work if you play smart, even if it turns out she's no longer in the meta. People gotta remember out of meta doesn't mean "terrible trash".

Also hook 2.0 already in effect. A hook that would have pulled grim down and stopped him from wrecking ghost broke due to high ground LoS and that arguably turned the match. So hogs can't do that bullshit jump up and fish hooks anymore, they gotta get proper LoS and with high ground being so crucial in this game, I gotta say it'll be interesting to see where that goes. Attacking hog might not be that great for breaking high ground anymore.

I feel like the people exaggerating D.Va's demise are the ones who only really got into using her after the buffs and as result are way too used to being able to be completely reckless as her.

Spoken as someone who used her a ton in her original state.

Jellie

Not even really. Seems like it's between her and zarya. Hyped primarily on DVa player and did a lot of work. Seems like it's a distinction of the verticality of the map.

Still, point is that while I won't pretend to be able to guess how the meta will turn out ultimately, but Dva can still a ton of work if you play smart, even if it turns out she's no longer in the meta. People gotta remember out of meta doesn't mean "terrible trash".

Also hook 2.0 already in effect. A hook that would have pulled grim down and stopped him from wrecking ghost broke due to high ground LoS and that arguably turned the match. So hogs can't do that bullshit jump up and fish hooks anymore, they gotta get proper LoS and with high ground being so crucial in this game, I gotta say it'll be interesting to see where that goes. Attacking hog might not be that great for breaking high ground anymore.

Had a couple of dodgy hooks yeterday. First hook I went behind cover as I was hooked. Killcam showed that I broke LOS and went behind cover but then it pulled me back to where I was before I got hooked then reeled me in. Other one I was behind cover and had just the foot visible and got hooked out of cover.

Antiwhippy

Weird. Seems like there's still some wonkiness, but you could really see how the hook breaking los does effect the outcome of the fight in today's finals.

Also killcams in this game isn't 100% perfect iirc.

Interesting observation too is that even though agilities mostly stayed on the hog, immortals always seem to breakthrough ghost's hold when he switched to tracer or genji. Might be an indication that the tank meta isn't that foolproof anymore.

Fuck Soldier 76. Every game is now counter the Soldier or die. Just nerf his stupid ass to the ground.

Like honestly I only play S76 because I'm bad. If I can play on a high skill floor I would be rocking Mccree and genji.

Jellie

Weird. Seems like there's still some wonkiness, but you could really see how the hook breaking los does effect the outcome of the fight in today's finals.

Also killcams in this game isn't 100% perfect iirc.

Interesting observation too is that even though agilities mostly stayed on the hog, immortals always seem to breakthrough ghost's hold when he switched to tracer or genji. Might be an indication that the tank meta isn't that foolproof anymore.

Yeah it works most of the time. On my perspective I was behind cover so don't think it was kill cam problem.

Skii

They definitely can. I've done it and I've had it done to me already. I don't really understand what's supposed to make the hook break. Sometimes it makes sense and others it's the same hook from before the patch.

pizzacat

Banned
Yesterday I got a wire jump headshot on an ulted soldier as widow and the dude left immediately

QP is the only time I can trust this widow :[

Antiwhippy

They definitely can. I've done it and I've had it done to me already. I don't really understand what's supposed to make the hook break. Sometimes it makes sense and others it's the same hook from before the patch.

I think it might depend on how much you're covered really, so you can take advantage of it by severely reducing the angle, or walking back in anticipation.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117997359?t=5h53m50s

xaosslug

DM is still the best counter to nanovisor and S76 + Ana remain, plus I'm sure many of these teams practiced all their strats w/ D.Va, so they can't just dump the hero/the playbook in the wake of a nerf. D.Va will fall as teams devise new strategies w/o her, and as one team jumps off her here another will jump off her there, etc.

Azoor

I was on a mystery heroes match early today, we were 3 Torbs, a Bastion a Symmetra and a Lucio.

They never stood a chance :)

I had a dream last night where I was actually good with Genji. :(

The fact that I'm dreaming about playing Overwatch means I may be playing a little too much Overwatch.

TheOddOne

Just played with a Ana who kept pocket healing our Reinhart. He dies, Ana back off and leaves the rest of the team to die. Oh look, they capped the payload. Our Reinhart returns, Ana pocket heals him, he dies, Ana again backs off.

Kill me.

Got all the new skins except the ones for Dva and Ana without spending any real money. Feels nice.
Hopefully I get them before the event ends.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bastion needs to turn into TF2 heavy instead of a stationary target to more properly deal with the Hog problem

and SOMEONE other than Ana needs heal debuff

NeoRaider

Lucky. I've gotten all pictures and voice lines. Some duplicates in there too.

This has been the worst even for me yet.

Yeah i guess i got lucky today.
Already got 5 skins: Zen, Mercy and these 3 mentioned above. Not bad considering i never bought single box.

Fuck Soldier 76. Every game is now counter the Soldier or die. Just nerf his stupid ass to the ground.

The soldier power creep was a response to the ridiculousness of McCree hitscan. McCree is still the root of the problem and has to be dumpstered first before soldier get's whittled down again.

The soldier power creep was a response to the ridiculousness of McCree hitscan. McCree is still the root of the problem and has to be dumpstered first before soldier get's whittled down again.

There's nothing ridiculous about McCree RN. Soldier just really needs a damage reduction. 19 per shot I think would be fine. Or you nerf heal station.

ISOM

Yeah, if Soldier gets a nerf then Mccree will be back at the top of the Meta and he can be just if not more annoying then Soldier.

On consoles, most McCree's ain't doing shit. Maybe it's different on PC but on console at least Soldier is insane because automatic hitscan weapons by nature benefit most from the aim assist.

Skii

On consoles, most McCree's ain't doing shit. Maybe it's different on PC but on console at least Soldier is insane because automatic hitscan weapons by nature benefit most from the aim assist.

It's definitely different on PC. Good McCree mains end up in master automatically because they can consistently hit their shots.

AbaFadi

Banned

It's definitely different on PC. Good McCree mains end up in master automatically because they can consistently hit their shots.

There are a lot of good McCree players on console. All of them are in gm/top 500 though

antitrop

I got matched up as the random to Anne and Bumbletron's 5-stack last night and we just got held down by this 4300 Widow on both sides of King's Row. At one point, she headshot 3 of us in a row coming out of spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom