• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Does Lijiang Tower only have the seasonal makeover in CTF? I just played a regular match on QP and it looked like it always has - though admittedly I was distracted.

Would be a shame if that's the case.

AbaFadi

Banned
Just because you're higher ranked doesn't mean you don't run into idiots that just got hella boosted.

Which seems to be the case a lot of the times this season for whatever reason.

Speaking of which, when will you be jumping back into ranked? Solo quene sucks lol

antitrop

I had a friend who was 2200's (Season high) last season and is now diamond. But he only plays lucio tho.

Last season's Diamond is this season's Master. Which makes me feel bad that I'm still in Diamond in Season 3.

Even at my S3 high of 3300, I was still at a lower percentile than I was at straight 3000 in S2.

AbaFadi

Banned
Last season's Diamond is this season's Master. Which makes me feel bad that I'm still in Diamond in Season 3.

Even at my S3 high of 3300, I was still at a lower percentile than I was at straight 3000 in S2.

Yeah a large percentage of the people I see in masters this season were high plat/low diamond last season.

Jellie

Pretty much the same here. Haven't played much and had some decay so making it more difficult but hopefully will reach it if I play more.

Anne

Speaking of which, when will you be jumping back into ranked? Solo quene sucks lol

Maybe soon? Just been doing QP with the GF lately to get back into it.

I'm pretty sure more people are getting higher ranks because it's become more apparent how to game the shitty queue system. This happens every time you allow people to queue with no penalties for grouping.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I definitely feel ready for a new game to sweep me off my feet for a bit.

Feeling timid on Nioh, Horizon or Mass Effect are good bets. Maybe For Honor?

The only must plays I feel for the coming months is persona 5.

Working my way through Gravity rush 2 right now but overwatch keeps distracting me.

GoaThief

There's a way to game the competitive queue system?

I've seen people from an opposing team load out early if they get steamrolled at the beginning of a match so it gets cancelled and their buddies don't lose rank, didn't know there was more also.

Magnus

When does the new season start? Ever since falling below 2100 I've been put on a horrendous series of bad teams - people who bail mid game, who play shit like Sombra/Bastion and fuck around, people who deliberately screw with their own team, etc., and I've tanked to 1600 SR as a result. It's been like 15 losses in a row.

I need a fresh start. I'm a better player than this, lol.

Anne

There's a way to game the competitive queue system?

I've seen people from an opposing team load out early if they get steamrolled at the beginning of a match so it gets cancelled and their buddies don't lose rank, didn't know there was more also.

Nah, just simple things like going in with a mixed skill group that has 1-2 players way above the rest of the group. Since there's such a wide limit on who you can queue with and no real penalty for grouping, there's no reason not to bank on a 3~ stack with somebody who can boost while waiting on law of averages to kick in.

The most common example is there are a lot of people that are mechanically pretty bad hanging out near master rank. I'm talking consistently fail to headhsot after flashbang bad. I'm talking Roadhogs failing hook 2.0 gibs bad. And they go into comp with somebody who has mechanics way better than that who can carry the fight. Even somebody who can't put the crosshair where they want can hit Q after their buddy just solo ganks a couple times.

I'm all for the game promoting teamwork, but it has created a bit of a problem where Idk who I can trust to actually have the mechanics needed to pull off basic shit. A lot of the strats people like to use based on pro play actually are pretty taxing on that front and they just can't do it. I feel like SR gain/loss should be much harsher on people that group queue if they are insistent on not having a limited queue be available.

Skii

It really is true. Diamond last season and Master this season account for around the top 10%. But I think a lot of people who were Dva and Roadhog mains got massively boosted because of the patch.

DevilDog

Ok, every much is infested with Grandmasters, top 500's and TF2 pros, TF2 pros everywhere.

Not to mention the god tier widows and mccrees.

Save me.

Don't stress too much over rank, what's important is having fun and fair matches.

That is what the ranking system is for anyways.
Yeah, unless you absolutely adore golden weapons or exclusive stickers (lol), there's no reason at all to care about rank. I just play to have fun, and I play who I want. Sometimes my teammates freak out about it like you need to pick a "meta" hero at sub-1500.

That said, I like seeing my rank go up over time to reflect my improvements as a player. I fell all the way to 1000 after starting at 1800, and now I'm up to 1200, and I've been carrying most of those games. I really have improved as a player, and I'm fine if it takes me a while to earn higher rankings as my skills improve.

Don't stress too much over rank, what's important is having fun and fair matches.

That is what the ranking system is for anyways.

I know, but it's still a little disheartening to watch my rank go down and down. Guess that's what I get for playing alone I suppose.

Surprisingly I haven't ran into one toxic person online yet.

DevilDog

Yeah, unless you absolutely adore golden weapons or exclusive stickers (lol), there's no reason at all to care about rank. I just play to have fun, and I play who I want. Sometimes my teammates freak out about it like you need to pick a "meta" hero at sub-1500.

That said, I like seeing my rank go up over time to reflect my improvements as a player. I fell all the way to 1000 after starting at 1800, and now I'm up to 1200, and I've been carrying most of those games. I really have improved as a player, and I'm fine if it takes me a while to earn higher rankings as my skills improve.
It's nice to hear. If you're carrying you will grind the ranks, its just a matter of time.

I know, but it's still a little disheartening to watch my rank go down and down. Guess that's what I get for playing alone I suppose.

Surprisingly I haven't ran into one toxic person online yet.
People will post only when they want to complain about it. You won't hear praise from anyone about the good members of the community, which are the overwhelming majority.

As for your rank instability, don't be concerned. It really means nothing. Valve knows this and it's why they always hide the numbers and ony give you the icon.

xviper

did blizzard say anything about Capture the Rooster being a temporary mode ??

it's such a shame if they removed it, it should be a permanent mode

it's amazing and much better and more fun than Elimination

Guys I'm still 2800 after another week halp.

First match of the day was like beyond toxic and we still won cause I had to talk everyone back from the edge.

I am Overwatch, I guess.

embrace toxicity

become the anger. let hate consume you.

No. Call me Mondatta, I will die before I let myself get toxic.

Yea i often just have fun and banter with the toxic people.

Oh for sure, but I try to remind people that positive mental attitude helps loads.

"Guys fight the other team not each other!"

One match today we had trouble with a Genji and Mei so I switched to Junkrat. I Maine's demo in TF2.

First words out of the team were "no Junkrat please"

We proceed to stomp and I keep saying to them "no Junkrat, I mean who plays Junkrat am I right? Ya gotta be a real jerk to play Junkrat."

I laughed every time I landed a kill from behind the cart.

Speaking of McCree, reflecting his flashbang is one of the most feelgood moments in Overwatch.

When it's McCree vs. Genji I like to whiff the first couple shots to try and get a reflector out of them. I've been burned too many times by reflected flashbangs.

Oh and firestrikes. Those are hilarious when reflected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom