• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rulerk1

I swear the game actively tries to kills me when I play Ana. How do you stop bullshit and random deaths with her because I seriously escaped death so many ducking times in a comp match today. Rein charges, mei ult, Lucio boop, soldier, and hooks one after another man.

Goddamnnn. I open a box, oh hey look a gold symbol, and it drops....and it's Winston's stupid Frogston costume. Which I already have. Blue balled to the max -_____-

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I swear the game actively tries to kills me when I play Ana. How do you stop bullshit and random deaths with her because I seriously escaped death so many ducking times in a comp match today. Rein charges, mei ult, Lucio boop, soldier, and hooks one after another man.

I mean you're playing as one of the highest value targets in the game. Prepare to get targeted a lot. :p

Xux

Yay, finally reached level 25. Competitive sounds pretty awful, though, so I wonder how long I'll avoid it, though, lol.

When you trying to boost S76 ult but a D.va gets in the way

Sad-Woman.jpg

Winter Premiere + XTRA Cup Usage (from winstonslab.com)
Hog flexing his OPness. Looks like Tracer can be troublesome afterall. *shrug*

What's worse? Reflected or sucked into the black hole that is Defense Matrix?
They both make you feel stupid, but only one has the added benefit of giving the enemy a free ult. ._.

Yay, finally reached level 25. Competitive sounds pretty awful, though, so I wonder how long I'll avoid it, though, lol.
It is actually the best mode in the game for me, bar none. Use your mic, loosen up your teammates to talking during the start of the match, and just have a blast with some impromptu team cohesion. I really can't enjoy QP or arcade anymore.

Is CTF a legit good mode, or is it some gimmicky thing?
It has potential, but at the moment it's terrible. Doubt it'll have much use aside from being a temporary event gimmick mode.

Ramirez

Lol, how the hell do you remember that? I hardly post in here.

I feel like the competition is harder now than it was in Season 1 though, so this feels like more of an achievement.

We're on each other's FL, or were. I know all of the top 500's on my FL! lol

I hit 3817 tonight, I need to find a group to push me over the hump.

Antiwhippy

I know man but it feels so random sometimes espically when it's one death after another. Chasing a teammate to heal them usually marks me for death

Like, this is a mistake I make a lot too and have to actively remind myself not to do it, but do keep note of your positioning even if your teammates are being dumb. Remember to keep your range and also that your grenade has a splash radius, but also that sometimes it's just not worth chasing your teammate and leaving yourself to your death. It's your judgement call to make though. Depends if you judge yourself capable of making the fight winnable.

Your positioning should generally be at a distance where they have to make an effort to reach you aka, flankers, winston, dva.

I have to say a lot of my losses are when I forget about this.

TLDR snipe heal more.

LiK

Screw the grind. Bought the rest of the new year skins, sprays, intros etc with coins. CTF became kinda fun but with only 3 maps, it kinda got stale quick. Gonna take a break and play some other games.

Feep

Banned
God. Fucking. Dammit.

On the first half of a comp match, a bug I'd never seen occurred: my entire UI disappeared. It was tough without a crosshair, but I stuck it out.

For the second half, I *couldn't even select a character*. I couldn't even get into the menus to quit. I had to force quit, hoping I could come back on.

But no, after getting back onto Battle.NET, I'm banned for 10 minutes and suffered a 50 point drop.

Ughhhhh.

ricelord

Playing with Hog and he pretty much delete reaper. reaper try to get close, ill just hook and take out the trash. Hook on cd? i'll still one shoot him.Reaper running away? wait for his ghost form to run out so i can hook him and take out the trash.

So much for a tank buster when a tank can bust you.

God. Fucking. Dammit.

On the first half of a comp match, a bug I'd never seen occurred: my entire UI disappeared. It was tough without a crosshair, but I stuck it out.

For the second half, I *couldn't even select a character*. I couldn't even get into the menus to quit. I had to force quit, hoping I could come back on.

But no, after getting back onto Battle.NET, I'm banned for 10 minutes and suffered a 50 point drop.

Ughhhhh.
I know Alt+Z (or Shift+Alt+Z? Not at my computer, can't verify personally) toggles the UI and should fix that if it happens again, but I do remember that happening to me in the past as well despite not hitting the command.

Playing with Hog and he pretty much delete reaper. reaper try to get close, ill just hook and take out the trash. Hook on cd? i'll still one shoot him.Reaper running away? wait for his ghost form to run out so i can hook him and take out the trash.

So much for a tank buster when a tank can bust you.
I think it's a super favourable matchup for Reaper when hook is on CD, so if it whiffs or is used elsewhere it makes for a pretty easy duel, but yeah he can still dump Reaper like most anyone else if that hook lands, especially now.

Nimby

Banned
Picked up comp again today, and back down to mid-plat from diamond. At least the last few games were close and fun, people actually working as a unit.

Also played against a Reaper named berniesander2016 and a Winston named vagcrease247

Recreat3

Why is it a thing if a teammate leaves a comp match and we lose the match I still get punished by losing sr.

on the bright side i have unlocked 2 skins so far.

So far ive got Meis and Junkrats from boxes.
Tbh i dont really like Mei im sticking to the fluffy abominable one. It looks the cutest

I got that abominable one in a box yesterday. The bastards keep teasing me with legendaries that aren't part of the event. Got a horrible Widowmaker skin in the free box at the beginning and a horrible Zarya duplicate since.

So far I've gotten Reinhardts and Zenyattas Legendary event skins.
Zenyatta is one of the characters I've never used (in the hundreds of hours Ive played this game for), but maybe that will change sooner rather than later, now.

This discourse between two ppl on twitter
p1: absolutely can't stand people who think they can solo heal as ana. thanks. bye.

p2: when will pp learn lucio is the only viable solo healer

p1: lucio &, if a mercy is good, mercy
🤔

why do people think like this

Ana literally just needs to hit 6/10 shots to be competitive with mercy and this is before including the nade

also Lucio as solo healer after November... lol

HMD

I usually go with Mercy if I'm with a DPS majority team. If it's tanks I go with Ana. My aim is shit with Ana so I need the bigger targets to hit my shots consistently.

This is if I'm a solo healer of course, otherwise I'd go Lucio.

Mendrox

God. Fucking. Dammit.

Ughhhhh.

Happened to me three times since the new patch even though I changed nothing. Alt+Z/Y will show everything again. Seriously sucked

TrueBlue

Talking about feelsbadman, there have been a few instances where I've accidentally placed the shield/telepiorter as Sym when the opposite was needed.

I was so embarassed at one point I actually left the game :lol Luckily it was only QP.

Talking about feelsbadman, there have been a few instances where I've accidentally placed the shield/telepiorter as Sym when the opposite was needed.

I was so embarassed at one point I actually left the game :lol Luckily it was only QP.
At least when it's a shield generator it can still be of use, but when the teleporter gets dropped immediately outside of the right side of second point Hanamura spawn...

Ah goddamnit, I'm at 4.5k now but I don't want a gold weapon. :(

Why can't you make more weapon skins blizz?
I wonder if they're going to add some additional levels to it as opposed to strict alternatives, so that a gold weapon would be a prerequisite for the new one. I've never been one for gold weaponry, but I would be down for weapons with heavy wear.

Antiwhippy

Sometimes you feel like you're healing like shit because your healing number is low, and then you realise it's because the other team is so bad they barely give you the damage to heal.

TheOddOne

I wonder if they're going to add some additional levels to it as opposed to strict alternatives, so that a gold weapon would be a prerequisite for the new one. I've never been one for gold weaponry, but I would be down for weapons with heavy wear.
Something like Destiny's Trials Of Osiris Ornament system would be neat. You start off with a basic weapon/armor and then buy tier reward to look even more fab.

Cappa

Banned
I dont think I ever complained about any event and the skin drop rate... but I am going to complain for the first time because after 20+ boxes and only one skin drop from the event(Roadhogs) the things that Ive been getting have been utter trash.

"Feelbadman" for me was getting a potg as torb and the potg was just me trying to jump back on the payload to repair my turret, well my turret killed three of them

Blues1990

Thank you for the fun games in Competitive, Whippy. We need to do this more often.

Anyhow, for the voice lines for Winston, Mei, Lucio, Ana, and Zarya, (the characters that I play as the most) what ones do you guys have equipped?

Winston:
-This is not a costume.
-That was awesome!
-How Embarrassing!
-

Mei:
-Overcome all obstacles.
-That was great!
-Wishing you prosperity
-Sorry sorry sorry sorry

Lucio:
-To the rhythm.