• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

It's safe to say that any multiplayer FPS after COD 4 that isn't Titanfall, Overwatch or CS* was garbage.

You'd have to torture me to play Battlefield again. Or COD multiplayer.

*Only in the last 2 years.

Kenai

So I have never played Reaper before but unlocked a ton of random stuff for him (highltight intro, orange skin ect). Randomly decide to play him in QP, get...Nepal? The snow temple area with a capture spot for both teams.

Get like 30+ eliminations and my first ever quintuple kill. I know my enemy team couldn't have been good (they stayed clustered while I sauntered in under Shift and then pressed Q after all) but I cannot deny it was a LOT of fun to do that. His weapon is also really easy to aim too which is nice.

Since I suck so bad with Sombra (and she's not considered great atm anyway) will i regret trying to get better with this champ? Is this edgy Edgelord McEdge dude a trap for only the coolest of cool kids?

DevilDog

So I have never played Reaper before but unlocked a ton of random stuff for him (highltight intro, orange skin ect). Randomly decide to play him in QP, get...Nepal? The snow temple area with a capture spot for both teams.

Get like 30+ eliminations and my first ever quintuple kill. I know my enemy team couldn't have been good (they stayed clustered while I sauntered in under Shift and then pressed Q after all) but I cannot deny it was a LOT of fun to do that. His weapon is also really easy to aim too which is nice.

Since I suck so bad with Sombra (and she's not considered great atm anyway) will i regret trying to get better with this champ? Is this edgy Edgelord McEdge dude a trap for only the coolest of cool kids?

I think he is going to be good in this meta, but usually he needs his team to be really effective.

Kenai

I think he is going to be good in this meta, but usually he needs his team to be really effective.

I have been enjoying him so much because I warp/wraith/whatever over to those irritating af Hanzos (you know those Hanzos that headshot you from across the map for daring to stop dry-humping the nearest Reinhart/DVa?) and just shoot them in the back of the head/k.o. them before they can turn around.

And then i find them and do it again. And again.

It's like the finest beverage money can't buy.

Bad Company 2 is better than any CoD.
Yup

Hell BF1 is one of the better Battlefields (better than 3 and 4 at least) but the formula just no longer holds my interest anymore. I don't find the vehicles fun and there's a lot of random bullshit deaths that aren't as prevalent in arena shooters.

At the very least I'm finding my losses to be less one-sided and more close calls. That's a good sign, right? Should be able to hit Diamond like this.

Prelude.

If they have 2+ non-korean tanks he's still really effective.

Skii

As a Reaper main, it's probably best to wait until we see what the nerfs do on live. He's great but a bad Dva can outplay a good Reaper so we have to wait. Problem with Dva is that you never know the state of her DM and you can't ult if she has like half of it left.

Reaper will one day be useful against tanks.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Today a Soldier 76 whined about not getting healed.

a. soldier

76​

whined

about not​

getting
healed​

Odrion

Banned
today the enemy team had a grand master who's reinhardt was main

we played for six games straight, it was hella chaotic and intense and great. fighting one of those guys is like a goddamn raid boss.

EDIT: On the PTR, Crouch spamming now works pretty much like console crouch spamming. :(
That's a good thing imo. I've been abusing crouch spam as various characters to cheese out duels because the lack of transition between states just makes you into a flickering mess.

Apathy

So i was on the ptr again today, checking out some hook 2.1 action again and I noticed the new kill feed icons. I don't know if people were aware they were being changed, i sure didn't but they look nice and slick now

Meccs

What is with all the BF1 hate? I play all three TF2 (Titanfall 2), BF1 and OW and all three are fun although I can't play TF2 for long until it get's a bit boring. It is lacking the "one more game" factor for me.
Personally, I can play BF1 and come away satisfied regardless if I lost or won. OW fun factor comes in waves... waves that caress you lovingly or hit you in the face with full force.

I did around 10 comp games soloq and I only had 2 good matches in which both teams were trying their hardest.

Right now the winner is just based on the number of trolls that the teams have, there's just nothing you can do besides hoping that they are on the other team. It's either easy wins against widows and torbs or crushing defeats with an all dps team.

There's also the problem of people that don't check each other stats, I had some teammates throwing games because someone picked widow/hanzo when they actually had a lot of time with them and were good, with a positive winrate and nice stats.

This game is in a sad state right now.

I just played with a gold portrait ps4 user...jesus.

Me too just now lol

Killersomething, former master now in lower diamond. He seemed good too, if we didn't have a torb/widow combo on gibraltar we might have won.

Meccs

I did around 10 comp games soloq and I only had 2 good matches in which both teams were trying their hardest.

Right now the winner is just based on the number of trolls that the teams have, there's just nothing you can do besides hoping that they are on the other team. It's either easy wins against widows and torbs or crushing defeats with an all dps team.

There's also the problem of people that don't check each other stats, I had some teammates throwing games because someone picked widow/hanzo when they actually had a lot of time with them and were good, with a positive winrate and nice stats.

This game is in a sad state right now.
I don't know where this "all DPS" or "5 DPS and Bastion" is coming from but I never had this, not even in QP. There is the occasionally "no support" in QP happening but usually some guy or myself is switching then. 8 out of 10 times the composition is ok, meaning I would blame a loss rather on individual or group skill than hero choices. (just my personal experience)

Still, I think matchmaking could be improved a lot. But as someone earlier said: that is what you get when you try to balance a game around pre-made group play.

I don't know where this "all DPS" or "5 DPS and Bastion" is coming from but I never had this, not even in QP. There is the occasionally "no support" in QP happening but usually some guy or myself is switching then. 8 out of 10 times the composition is ok, meaning I would blame a loss rather on individual or group skill than hero choices. (just my personal experience)

Wish I could say the same, it's a rare thing having a game with less than 3 dps and more than one healer unless I'm willing to be one. It's just sad.

Is anyone else having a problem with rubber banding ping today? It was fine till half an hour ago, but now all my games are fluctuating between 1000ms and 1500ms. Playing on EU.

Danj

Have you guys seen the new The Living Tombstone video? It's called No Mercy, hilarious song about a team that's salty they lost because no-one played support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom