• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seriously, the matches played so far there hasn't been any really obvious strats unlike the soldier/dva patch, which is good. Lots of experimenting so far. 3 tanks still seem good but it's not the obvious "better than everything else" comp and the dive is strong.

Even reaper is making a come back.

Antiwhippy

Seriously. Double sniper even being ran with success against triple tank, though king's row A is probably the only point where you can do that. :p

Chance

So what map do you guys like least in the game?

Because I gotta be honest, Hanamura is just a fucking drag, especially on attack.

Hanamura is actually one of my favorites. I can go Tracer and be super effective on attack or defense, and for some reason a high percentage of my PotGs are on that map.

I think I hate Volskaya because lately I've played it once for every two times I get another map, ot seems.

Antiwhippy

I don't know if it's ana being overpowered or if it's ryujehong being overpowered.

Or whynotboth.jpg

Flow3r though, holy shit. He has legit claims to be top 3 dps players in the entire world right now. Shame about the other stuff, but seeing that he did those when he's like a teen (and I know shitlord teens that grew up alright) hopefully he learnt from that.

ISOM

It seems like the D.Va nerfs have not really kept her out of the meta much. She's been getting a lot of burn still.

TheOddOne

Ryujehong loses the 1v1 as Zen vs Tracer and the commentators have to act surprised.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ognglobal/HelpfulWolverineAthenaPMS
D6l8fu1.gif

Antiwhippy

Ryujehong fucking went off whole series.

The only times he didn't go off is when they decided putting him on mercy was a good idea for some reason.

DevilDog

I love death pits. I want more environmental interaction. The trampoline is good too, I will give it that.

Nothing is more fun than getting thrown into the pit on illios by a random pharah from a random angle. Or getting hooked by random roadhog on Lijang tower and then falling to your death.

Oasis got environmental interaction right, the pit in the middle of the point of Library takes you out of the fight but doesn't kill you. It's how all death pits should be.

Look.

Don't take away one of the few fun things lucio has. :(

Yeah I know, Lucio is so boring without them. However it still makes the game a lot worse overall. Maybe they can be implemented like in Eichenwalde 2nd point, where if you control your air direction well enough you can land on the platform below, but still have a chance to fuck up.

So what map do you guys like least in the game?

Because I gotta be honest, Hanamura is just a fucking drag, especially on attack.

I don't really dislike it but I seem to have a really bad record on Route 66, attack or defense. I feel enemy teams seem to take advantage of the flanks, which there are many routes, more than my team does or is prepared for, even if I'm trying to keep an eye out. Not to say I never win, but right now it's the map that makes me grimace when it comes up.

I actually like Hanamura, like a lot, on either side. It's really satisfying to break the first choke and also satisfying to take point B if the defenders are really entrenched. On defense I have a lot of fun, especially as D.Va, denying the agile characters trying to be sneaky and pushing people off the ledge on point A.

Something I'm trying to do more of is be really encouraging of my team over mic to push through the chokes as a team. Especially on Hanamura point A an aggressive coordinated push seems to win more often than not unless the defenders already have a bunch of ults. The point of failure is people pussy footing and being afraid to go in giving the enemies time to charge up or for respawning players to return. Point B is hard obviously and I try to encourage the team to go to the high ground.

I can't find games on PS4. Tried different modes but nothing. Thought it was my internet as I just added a network switch but I am connected. Played a bit of Rocket League and I'm getting about 80d/5u speeds through ethernet.

Is the playerbase healthy on Ps4? Maybe I'll try again later. I guess most people are still at work/school.

Cappa

Banned
I can't find games on PS4. Tried different modes but nothing. Thought it was my internet as I just added a network switch but I am connected. Played a bit of Rocket League and I'm getting about 80d/5u speeds through ethernet.

Is the playerbase healthy on Ps4? Maybe I'll try again later. I guess most people are still at work/school.

What region are you? PS4 playerbase is much more healthier than XBox... never had any issues finding games on PS4. Most I wait for a match is 3 minutes and thats for competitive. The other modes it finds games right away.

I play in Europe region with a US PSN Account, no matter what time of day always find a game.

I noticed on a stream last evening Sombra's EMP now hacks Sym's turrets. I don't recall this being in the last patch, was this just put in quietly?

Sullichin

~25SR loss for losing a KOTH match where we were 5v6 (the match was still 2-3)

... 14SR gain for winning my next game.

What??

Also, are the teens trying to recreate a reddit post or something. There's a widowmaker on every team now

duckroll

Bought 50 lootboxes today.

Got event skins: Chang'e Mei, Luna Mei, Mercy (x3 LOL), Symetra, Ana, Piggy Roadhog, Best Dva, Super Awesome Zen.

Played a bunch of games with friends. Opened a lootbox. GOT WUKONG WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also have like 5000 gold now, so I'll buy the Rein skin before the event ends if I don't pull it. :D

^____________^

J3ffro

I don't really dislike it but I seem to have a really bad record on Route 66, attack or defense. I feel enemy teams seem to take advantage of the flanks, which there are many routes, more than my team does or is prepared for, even if I'm trying to keep an eye out. Not to say I never win, but right now it's the map that makes me grimace when it comes up.

I actually like Hanamura, like a lot, on either side. It's really satisfying to break the first choke and also satisfying to take point B if the defenders are really entrenched. On defense I have a lot of fun, especially as D.Va, denying the agile characters trying to be sneaky and pushing people off the ledge on point A.

Something I'm trying to do more of is be really encouraging of my team over mic to push through the chokes as a team. Especially on Hanamura point A an aggressive coordinated push seems to win more often than not unless the defenders already have a bunch of ults. The point of failure is people pussy footing and being afraid to go in giving the enemies time to charge up or for respawning players to return. Point B is hard obviously and I try to encourage the team to go to the high ground.

Agreed on Route 66. Maybe I'm just always against teams with good cohesive communication or something else, but anecdotally I'd guess that's my lowest win percentage.

I used to hate Hanamura, but the more I've played it, the most I've learned to appreciate it's idiosyncrasies. I love all of the different paths to point A, as long as you can get through the main chokepoint.

On defense I've twice thrown a Torbjorn turret on the balcony overlooking the chokepoint (so it faces point A) and it's proven to be a solid distraction. Shields don't do a whole lot when there's a turret at your back. :)

LiK

Bought 50 lootboxes today.

Got event skins: Chang'e Mei, Luna Mei, Mercy (x3 LOL), Symetra, Ana, Piggy Roadhog, Best Dva, Super Awesome Zen.

Played a bunch of games with friends. Opened a lootbox. GOT WUKONG WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also have like 5000 gold now, so I'll buy the Rein skin before the event ends if I don't pull it. :D

^____________^

ONE OF US

Anne

In all seriousness, LW Blue vs Lunatic Hai was one of the most hype matches of competitive Overwatch we've seen in awhile. If you wanna see what the game looks like with players really pushing hero mechanics give it a watch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119372075

Ryujehong highlight reel too strong. Miro and Who.R.U. also turned up to god level for awhile there.

Is there a more satisfying ult in the game than McCree's. Nothing beats "it's high noon" and then getting an instant triple kill (or better). I love the feeling of locking onto my targets and seeing that skull, knowing that they are as good as dead as soon as click my mouse. For those couple of seconds, you know that their destiny is completely in your hands. You can choose to shoot immediately, or let them suffer helplessly for another second before meeting their certain demise.

In all seriousness, LW Blue vs Lunatic Hai was one of the most hype matches of competitive Overwatch we've seen in awhile. If you wanna see what the game looks like with players really pushing hero mechanics give it a watch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119372075

Ryujehong highlight reel too strong. Miro and Who.R.U. also turned up to god level for awhile there.

i expected LW Blue not to be so uncoordinated while watching VODs. Especially on Gibraltr, where they just trickle in one at a time from start to almost finish, letting LH get a huge ult eco advantage and getting forward spawned several times.

Anne

i expected LW Blue not to be so uncoordinated while watching VODs. Especially on Gibraltr, where they just trickle in one at a time from start to almost finish, letting LH get a huge ult eco advantage and getting forward spawned several times.

Word on the street is certain LW Blue players have issues with tilt, and that would explain a good chunk of that. Also the nature to how they lost most fights meant they were hella staggered. Being heavily staggered while your DPS tilt rushes Ryujehong is a quick way to get bodied.

Paltheos

Man, my Zen luck in loot boxes has been crazy good. Two of my last three golds have been Shuzang and then Ra, the last Zen legendary I was missing, and I got Harmonious in a recent box too.

Edit:
PS: Shuzang is the new 'best' Zen skin. I love Nutcracker, but Shuzang can be worn all year round. I'm also p. confident in saying it's the best skin in this pack (Challenge me, GAF!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom