• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Effective damage. Like honestly soldier has a lot of mitigating factors that limits his effective damage, such as LoS, barriers, etc. etc. Tracer has enough mobility to bypass all that.

If Tracer can get into her effective range (up close), she does a lot more burst damage, and can one clip a lot of heroes (and yes, you need to be landing headshots). Soldier's damage is a lot more predictable since he's normally at range at a known position, and therefore a lot more manageable for healers. So while Soldier can do more damage overall, Tracer can get picks more often because of her mobility and the bursty nature of her damage so her damage is more effective

Makes sense. But I presume this works only if you are playing in a coordinated comp setup? So Tracer will be less effective in solo queue random QP games?

tracer is arguably more effective since the lack of coordination allows her to weave in and out with little counter unless the other guy is a god.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I've never had anyone send me this strongly worded of a message before, made me laugh.
We rolled his team in quick play, I was playing lucio and we didn't do any taunting or sending messages and all of a sudden I get this:
6t5dHzj.jpg

ohkay

If Blizzard was trying to make me hate Overwatch, they succeeded. Most games I had gold and silver medals in different categories. When I found out what those meant, it really burned. Maybe I'll play QM sometimes or play AI as a Solitaire-like thing, but so far as I saw this game is dogshit for solo queue. I'm never touching competitive without a full team of friends.
I imagine doing placements right now would be rough since it's so far into the season and most of the people that care about competitive (I.e. people that are trying) have long since done them, so the pool of people you're grouped with might not be great

Makes sense. But I presume this works only if you are playing in a coordinated comp setup? So Tracer will be less effective in solo queue random QP games?
Nah, I play Tracer in solo QP and comp plenty and do well. As long as you know who to engage, when to engage, and leave yourself an escape she can still get plenty of picks since she can kill so fast

Since when does Sombra's EMP hack Sym's turrets? Just noticed it on a stream. I don't recall that being in the most recent patch notes.

MrPanic

Another full day of lootbox grinding, another day of getting absolutely nothing. I'm on full autopilot playing this game these days, primarily listening to a billion of podcasts while mindlessly Hanzo-ing in qp. The game just isn't entertaining me at all during these event grinds. At least I'm getting pretty good with Hanzo imo, definitely considering making him one of my competitive mains in season 4.

Another full day of lootbox grinding, another day of getting absolutely nothing. I'm on full autopilot playing this game these days, primarily listening to a billion of podcasts while mindlessly Hanzo-ing in qp. The game just isn't entertaining me at all during these event grinds. At least I'm getting pretty good with Hanzo imo, definitely considering making him one of my competitive mains in season 4.

The advantage of Hanzo is that he's such a powerful dark horse you're pretty much always able to get him. I have the most time in soldier and been playing soldier since release long before he became the "star" dps. But, it's rare that I get my hands on 76 since he's so cherished by tilted climbers.

Only disadvantage is the potential massive amount of butthurt that can be created within your own team. I lost an eichenwald game cuz I mentioned the word "Hanzo" in voice chat and our Rheinhardt got so triggered he sat in the guitar store facing the corner and afk'd till we lost. I didn't swap characters, I just made a potential suggestion since we were stuck at the choke. But like a killing word in Dune it just destroyed his spirit.

ISOM

The advantage of Hanzo is that he's such a powerful dark horse you're pretty much always able to get him. I have the most time in soldier and been playing soldier since release long before he became the "star" dps. But, it's rare that I get my hands on 76 since he's so cherished by tilted climbers.

Only disadvantage is the potential massive amount of butthurt that can be created within your own team. I lost an eichenwald game cuz I mentioned the word "Hanzo" in voice chat and our Rheinhardt got so triggered he sat in the guitar store facing the corner and afk'd till we lost. I didn't swap characters, I just made a potential suggestion since we were stuck at the choke. But like a killing word in Dune it just destroyed his spirit.

Hanzo is the ultimate trigger. I think more than Bastion.

Owzers

I gripe too much when I play comp, tanks and support, I need to be a better dps somehow so I can have people tell me I'm not killing the right people fast enough.

I like all koth and 2cp maps.
Probably eichenwalde since from personal experience people just seem to hit a brick wall if the other team is running Symm/torb

MrPanic

Yeah, but there are way to many triggers to make people quit now. In the last 3 days I had people purposefully throwing because a Symmetra put a shield generator down instead of a tp, because we were winning 2-0 so apparently it's time to throw, because there was a girl in the teamchat so it's time to insult her instead and because someone picked a particular character they don't like. No idea what's going on lately, but there are just a lot of people in comp that seemed to have lost their minds playing this game. I'm honestly became immune to all the salt and bad picks, I'm just try to make the best out of whatever this game is throwing at me.

So what map do you guys like least in the game?

Because I gotta be honest, Hanamura is just a fucking drag, especially on attack.

All the 2cp maps by a long shot. Matches on these maps just drag on on for so long all the time, it's really bothersome. Of the three I probably like Volskaya the least, just a lot of downtime on that map.

Veelk

Banned
Overwatch has been out for almost 9 months now and I still don't understand why people hate Hanzo. The answer has always been something akin to "shitty weeaboo players who try to snipe" but it's not like you don't get shitty players of every character. He's not even particularly strong or particularly weak, so I just don't get it.

Kuro

Only played a little and I'm already sick of the quickscoping widows. Why did Blizzard speed up her charge time again?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lw blue vs lunatic hai tonight. 2 teams currently mired in controversy. Would be interesting to see how it would affect their performance.

maomaoIYP

FeelsFuckingBadMan

Wish there was another way

Yes there is. Place no limits. MMR restrictions there are much less loose or even non-existent. Stats are also not tracked so if you are anal about that it is great. I primarily use it to practice heroes I have problems with. It's not perfect because it's obviously not a comp-like setup but the skills you learn (like positioning and aiming) are instantly transferable.

If Blizzard was trying to make me hate Overwatch, they succeeded. Most games I had gold and silver medals in different categories. When I found out what those meant, it really burned. Maybe I'll play QM sometimes or play AI as a Solitaire-like thing, but so far as I saw this game is dogshit for solo queue. I'm never touching competitive without a full team of friends.
What did you place? Comp with friends doesn't always translate to a better experience.

Xzan

Overwatch has been out for almost 9 months now and I still don't understand why people hate Hanzo. The answer has always been something akin to "shitty weeaboo players who try to snipe" but it's not like you don't get shitty players of every character. He's not even particularly strong or particularly weak, so I just don't get it.

From my observation its when you need to contest a point and you've got a Hanzo that's not getting his picks, you're essentially 5v6 if the other team doesn't have a sniper.

Sure, there are players who are pretty good with him in close quarters but when it comes down to it, he's usually going to be killed quickly compared to heros with better tools to contest. Say what you like about Symmetra's limited range and reliance on distraction to get kills, but when you're skirmishing on a point she can be a beast.

I mean, when you're in a stand-off at the Hanimura or Eichnewalde choke he's as good as any mid-long range hero but, when the poo hits the fan, he's a much riskier choice. Especially on KOTH maps.

That and I suppose he's tainted by a perception that he's played by skill-less players and wannabes looking for easy picks from headshot instagibs, which feeds back to the perception that he can't contest.

Personally, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt in comp as long as there's not a Widow as well.

Cappa

Banned

Nothing wrong with Hanzo. The problem is people playing Hanzo as if its Call of Duty i.e. not paying attention to the payload, their team, running off on their own, etc etc

I dont mind a Hanzo on attack, at all, especially if he works with say the Zarya on our team to combine both ults. I think people dislike the people playing Hanzo, not the actual hero.

ISOM

Nothing wrong with Hanzo. The problem is people playing Hanzo as if its Call of Duty i.e. not paying attention to the payload, their team, running off on their own, etc etc

I dont mind a Hanzo on attack, at all, especially if he works with say the Zarya on our team to combine both ults. I think people dislike the people playing Hanzo, not the actual hero.

At this point it's just prejudice though. People get triggered if you even select or think about selecting Hanzo before you even play him. Like people will throw just because you picked him. It's crazy.

Man what a night, I was playing competitive and we were a team of made up of randoms won a game everyone hit the group up option and I went from 2190 to 2530 we didn't lose a single game is was great ☺️

Cappa

Banned
At this point it's just prejudice though. People get triggered if you even select or think about selecting Hanzo before you even play him. Like people will throw just because you picked him. It's crazy.

Yeah, doesnt make sense

I've finally given up and have been taking a big break from this game, solo queue really sucks the life out of you. I play Mercy/Ana/Lucio 90% of the time and I am done throwing away hours at a time, bouncing between 2300-2700 keeping awful teams alive. There really is only so much you can do as one character, whichever class you are, and when all in game metrics point to you doing your job well, yet you fail to rise, it drains you!

Ferga

Got matched against a full team of diamonds (being 3050 myself) while I have a premade of three where their top rankings last season were:

Like, what the fuck?

Even worse, next game I get them again but with another unranked duo on top of that where their top ranking last season was 2400.

Come the fuck on. I rather wait 5 more minutes in queue than have to deal with that shit

ISOM

Got matched against a full team of diamonds (being 3050 myself) while I have a premade of three where their top rankings last season were:

Like, what the fuck?

Even worse, next game I get them again but with another unranked duo on top of that where their top ranking last season was 2400.

Come the fuck on. I rather wait 5 more minutes in queue than have to deal with that shit

Blizzard's matchmaking is really shit tbh.

Cappa

Banned

Like, what the fuck?

Out of curiosity, what was your wait time on Queue. It could just be completely coincidence but anytime the Queue timer reaches more than 3 minutes the match making is always complete shit.

What I usually do after 3 minutes is cancel the search and wait 30-60 secs before searching again. Ive had to many bad experiences being matched in completely uneven matches and the times I remember have all been after waiting 3+ minutes in queue.

Kain

I make a habit of picking Winston to harass Hanzos and Widows and make their matches a living hell. That's how much I hate them >_<

I used to hate Hanzo when the game launched primarily because I was too stupid to sidestep his ult, and when I had one on my team they'd never jump on the objective, but I've warmed up to him now, and I do enjoy playing him. I'm awkward though, I prefer attack Hanzo and defence Genji than than the other way round.

I feel like the stupidest thing about Hanzo is the way scatter arrow works. They seem to make it out as though it's use is to get a ricochet shot to hit people around corners, but it's just used as a long range shotgun basically. I think they should change it to be a single arrow with a small hitbox that can ricochet off a wall a handful of times, but you're able to see a trajectory line which shows where the arrow will bounce, and if you've marked an enemy, an indicator would show up, like McRee's Deadeye skull, to indicate that your shot is lined up. That'd add more skill to Hanzo's playstyle, and it'd prevent people from shooting scatter arrows at point blank to get kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom