• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance

Man, my Zen luck in loot boxes has been crazy good. Two of my last three golds have been Shuzang and then Ra, the last Zen legendary I was missing, and I got Harmonious in a recent box too.

Edit:
PS: Shuzang is the new 'best' Zen skin. I love Nutcracker, but Shuzang can be worn all year round. I'm also p. confident in saying it's the best skin in this pack (Challenge me, GAF!).

Best skin in the pack is Rose Tracer.

I have black guns with little red flowers on them. I have a red - but somehow shiny! - pattern of roses down my hip and thigh.

Shuzang is hot - as are the skins for Rein, Sym and Mercy - but Rose Tracer? New best skin.

Finally got to 25 and unlocked competitive. Lets see how my placements go!

Thanks to hidden MMR, Ive been getting paired with Diamonds-Grandmasters in QP, we shall see.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They have an alternate ultimate ability for him if you watch to pitch Blizzard on Evil Lucio:

Reverse Amp (R)

Blast Lúcio’s Crossfade track at enemy Heroes for 4 seconds, causing Healing Boost to inflict damage every second, and Speed Boost to Slow Movement Speed by 45%.

Passive: Increase Amp It Up’s duration to 4 seconds.

DevilDog

You know what? Playing Tracer and Genji while doing exams took a toll on my hand. Do not recommend. All this writing and doing constant 180s on low sensitivity is just, ugh.

And I guess excercise is now out of the question. Fuck.

Prelude.

They have an alternate ultimate ability for him if you watch to pitch Blizzard on Evil Lucio:
Damn, one of the reasons I want them to add OW characters is to see what kind of alternative "new" heroic they get, but so far they managed to find a way around it. Tracer has talents for her pulse bomb, Zarya has an inverse graviton and now Lucio has a reverse ult too. Like, iirc they found some D.Va stuff a while ago, they'd have to make a new ult, they can't make an anti-bomb.

Latest Meta Report.
https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2017-...ier-list-and-meta-report-a-meta-in-transition

Didnt see this posted
Keep in mind sample size is smaller than usual
CP noted in the opening its about half of the usual data used

Usage/Tiers
1llxDaEiIT3.jpg

1llwKfVhblR.jpg

Increases

We see the previously mentioned Lucio, as well as Tracer, Winston, and Genji leading the charge. Interestingly though, Tracer’s relative offensive usage increased more than her king of the hill usage over pre-patch tournaments, despite an increase in the proportion of king of the hill maps played.

Decreases

If you have come looking for evidence that the nerfs to Ana and D.Va were effective, it certainly seems so. Even accounting for the low match count this week, D.Va’s relative usage has tanked on all fronts. Ana continued the trend from last week of losing ground on offense (primarily on offense to Zenyatta in dive comps), and Roadhog and Reinhardt also dropped in usage. Winston was the direct replacement for Reinhardt in most cases: Reinhardt’s king of the hill and offense usage dropped by similar amounts as Winston’s gain in those areas. Roadhog lost ground on all sides of the game, his usage time eaten up by DPS heroes unchained from the pressure of unkillable D.Vas. Finally, Symmetra fell a significant amount on defense relative to last week’s data, however this was more likely due to a reduction in “Symmetra-map” play this week.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
You know what? Playing Tracer and Genji while doing exams took a toll on my hand. Do not recommend. All this writing and doing constant 180s on low sensitivity is just, ugh.

And I guess exercise is now out of the question. Fuck.
That sucks. Definitely let it rest for a bit.

I'm right handed, and I use my mouse with my left hand when I'm at work.

I used to get wrist/hand pains a few years ago in my right hand, and realized it might have something to do with working with my hand on the mouse all day at work, then going home to game with my hand on a mouse for the rest of the night.

Swapping my work mouse to my left hand seems to have solved the problem.

Nimby

Banned
There was a lot of good Overwatch today. Korean matches were good, Assembly Winter is surprisingly great, lots of Widow play and Widow v. Widow duels on Ilios Ruins.

Xux

How do you know if you have teammates behind you as Reinhardt? Like behind the camera. Should I feel bad if someone's back there and they get eliminated when I drop the shield to recharge or whatever?

Also should I try to break Zarya's bubbles or avoid feeder her charge for the two seconds?

LiK

How do you know if you have teammates behind you as Reinhardt? Like behind the camera. Should I feel bad if someone's back there and they get eliminated when I drop the shield to recharge or whatever?

Also should I try to break Zarya's bubbles or avoid feeder her charge for the two seconds?

1) They should know when it breaks because of audio cues.

2) They shouldn't be relying on you for protection 100%. They can bail whenever.

I wonder what they're gonna do to Sombra.

People still don't seem to like playing her. It's kind of a shame the reception of the first post launch character has been a bit meh.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
When everything clicks and you go 30-1 with Sombra.
Wow, must be good. Yesterday my team wasn't killing anyone even though I felt I was doing well with Zen, so I switched to Soldier 76 and got 33 in a single round but the enemy caught on to who was killing them and started constantly hunting me down together. If you can pull 30 while keeping too much heat off you, that's an art.

People still don't seem to like playing her. It's kind of a shame the reception of the first post launch character has been a bit meh.
I want to like her but I'm not good with her tricks. I wish teleporter would stay where you put it until you place a new one. Right now always fucks with me because by time I get into danger with an ambush flank it has timed out and I can't escape when I've caught their attention. Soldier 76's run ability plus heal is just way more flexible for combat utility. I also wish hack could work on Reinhardt from the front to disable his shield because of course everyone will be behind him so you can't be there, so it's almost useless as-is. If you could do it from the front, you could work it with your own tank cover.

NeoRaider

They said that they don't want to give her more dmg, that she can also be considered a healer and that ppl still don't know how to play her... lol.

Also she is 2nd post launch hero. Ana is 1st.

Edit:

Strange how Ana was released just like that and became one of the best and most played heroes in the game.

While Sombra was teased and hyped for months and turned out to be garbage.

ohkay

Tell your team you need to drop your shield because it's low and move to cover. If they're paying attention, they'll follow.

I like playing her. She's fun if you realize she doesn't do Tracer or Genji levels of damage as a flanker

When are we getting some of the Warcraft goodness, we are exporting too many characters and getting none in return, game could use more fantasy elements and less pew pew.

Hope it's in their future plans to make crossover content, if not characters, the use of some locales could be amazing, would be a shame if they didn't.

Wut had some weird bug where some enemy ultimate names werent being called out and the Hit register sound wasnt happening unless i got a headshot.
It was so jarring playing Zarya and Zen and not hearing the tut tut noise

Jellie

They said that they don't want to give her more dmg, that she can also be considered a healer and that ppl still don't know how to play her... lol.

Also she is 2nd post launch hero. Ana is 1st.

Edit:

Strange how Ana was released just like that and became one of the best and most played heroes in the game.

While Sombra was teased and hyped for months and turned out to be garbage.

Ana wasn't the best most played hero when she was released. She came out during the zen meta and had to wait for him to get nerfed and her to get her buffs before she did. It's why they don't want to buff sombra yet.

NeoRaider

Ana wasn't the best most played hero when she was released. She came out during the zen meta and had to wait for him to get nerfed and her to get her buffs before she did. It's why they don't want to buff sombra yet.

Even without her buffs at the beginning, she was much more popular and more used compared to the Sombra.

Sombra was most popular in PTR testing. After that everything went downhill.

When are we getting some of the Warcraft goodness, we are exporting too many characters and getting none in return, game could use more fantasy elements and less pew pew.

Hope it's in their future plans to make crossover content, if not characters, the use of some locales could be amazing, would be a shame if they didn't.

I think Heroes of the Storm suffers from a lack of identity as a result of that. I look at the mish-mash of characters and cringe with distaste.

adamy

Banned
Is it the general consensus that it's best to turn off aim assist for Ana? Console player if it makes a difference

It's been too long since I experienced the classic 4 gold medals on the winning team? enjoy your kill participation card, no one voted, my ego deflated.
It is fun though when mystery heroes has you go on a tear with heroes you don't use often, Junk and Sombra weeeee!

ohkay

I wonder if she would've been used as much as she is now if they never buffed her ammo/shot speed/grenade radius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom