• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkay

What characters do you guys find the most interesting to watch?

Edit: should probably answer my own question, but I love watching pro Genjis and Ryujehong on Ana

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Watching a godly mccree go off is one of the most fun things to watch in the game.

Ryujehong on ana is always a delight.

Blues1990

It's McCree and Winston for me. I'm always amazed with how effective the dive comps are, and seeing a McCree player landing headshots like a champ is equal parts amazing and terrifying.

Eh, if you ever watched their replay systems you'd know that they aren't 100% perfect recreations, so maybe it takes more work than that for full replays.

No in-game replay system has ever been accurate for me (they never capture the odd glitches or lag) but it's not like we're asking for magic here. Back when I played Quake 3 in 2000-2004, you could save "demo" files which captured your (native) game play and user made mods were able to capture multiple-pov demos. In fact, when there was a tournament, you could go to a server which allowed you to view the match from anyone's POV (which was delayed for 15-20 seconds to counter cheating).

Nimby

Banned
All DPS are good watches
Snipers too, and Bastion
Mei, Torb and Junkrat are a mixed bag
Zarya and Roadhog are decent to watch, Korean Winston too
Other tanks are boring
Ana, Lucio, and Zen are probably entertaining
Mercy and Symmetra are definitely boring, not boring for me though

antitrop

Played in a QP game with Sherlockey from Renegades. It was so weird hearing someone say "Group up, nobody leaves spawn until we have 6" and have everyone listen to him. In a QP game.

There's no reason for me to go back to playing Comp in Diamond, when the quality of my QP games are so much higher.

XSX

I noticed it now says Perfect at the end of the match in 3v3 when none of you die. Anyone know if there were any other changes to the mode?

rulerk1

I just want the end on a positive note. i got ppl playing junkrat against Zarya and Pharah, autolock dps who cant kill, and leavers to top it off

Salarians

Might have been posted but the lead character artist has posted a ton of images of hi-poly character and weapon sculpts on ZBrush Central, for anyone who's interested.

8ectOcY.jpg

MPuRIMz.jpg

Moonkid

Started playing competitive again after a lil break, managed to get into some real good games that felt like night and day compared to the usual platinum fare I'm used to during solo-queue. Two things I'm gonna have to work on to make some real strides henceforth is communicating on mic and proactively using ults which I'm shocking at. Climb beyond 3100, leggo.

rulerk1

Had a win streak after a horrible afternoon and now four points lower than I started. I consider this a victory. Lot of steamrolls tho

Mr Git

TFW someone on your team clearly has friends on the other team so purposely does nothing or sabotages the game. Just had a symmetra who put her teleporter near the attackers first spawn on Hanamura when the enemy team was on our point B.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
High damage? So you're supposed to be landing headshots with her guns a lot? How is she higher damage than S76?

Effective damage. Like honestly soldier has a lot of mitigating factors that limits his effective damage, such as LoS, barriers, etc. etc. Tracer has enough mobility to bypass all that.

caesar

Banned
I just want the end on a positive note. i got ppl playing junkrat against Zarya and Pharah, autolock dps who cant kill, and leavers to top it off

If the player is good enough, she fits into any comp on any map in any situation. She does insane amounts of dmg, has a burst dmg ult and is the fastest hero in the game.

I just want to say that before Junkenstien's Revenge my wife played games rarely and only as something to do with me.

She tried Junkenstien because she didnt have to fight online people. Of course it eventually ended and one day she tried a few matches of quickplay.

Since Nov she's now rank 99 and watches tons of videos, and even full esports competitions! I bought her her own xbox and copy so we could play together and shes really into overwatch merch.

Its great that she loves enjoying a part of my hobby with me and always wants to play together and its helped her wind down on long days or not stress out when she's home alone.

Game's been really great for both of us and I'm really glad Blizzard made such a great and approachable, inclusive game!

Supports and tanks in general, but especially Ana and Zenyatta for the former, and Reinhardt, Zarya and Winston for the latter.
Pharah, Tracer, Reaper, Symmetra, Mei and Sombra also are interesting.
Oh and I also agree with a McCree who consistently lands headshots is amazing to watch as well.

Ramirez

I would never play KOTH again if given the option.

One bad round and 99% of the time someone gives up and starts throwing, so dumb.

Playing Rein is a lot of fun because other players frequently don't like to push up with his shield, giving the other team ample time to react to the push, cutting you off. If you're lucky you might have a Widowmaker to cover you, at least until she somehow loses a long range duel with a Mei. Of course, Rein's ult is fantastic. It's a really great feeling when you panic ult after being cut off, somehow missing the entire enemy team.

It's a lot of fun guys.

ohkay

High damage? So you're supposed to be landing headshots with her guns a lot? How is she higher damage than S76?
If Tracer can get into her effective range (up close), she does a lot more burst damage, and can one clip a lot of heroes (and yes, you need to be landing headshots). Soldier's damage is a lot more predictable since he's normally at range at a known position, and therefore a lot more manageable for healers. So while Soldier can do more damage overall, Tracer can get picks more often because of her mobility and the bursty nature of her damage so her damage is more effective

Is there anyway to sort of reset mmr (in qp)? I ask this cause I played alot of Roadhog and I've done really well with him so he's kind of my main I guess.

But now that I try to practice with Mcree and others (cause I need to work on aim) I always get matched up with pro genjis and hanzos and people with like 5x as much time and levels as me. And I just get slaughtered. No chance to actually play.

Kind of annoying.

ohkay

Is there anyway to sort of reset mmr (in qp)? I ask this cause I played alot of Roadhog and I've done really well with him so he's kind of my main I guess.

But now that I try to practice with Mcree and others (cause I need to work on aim) I always get matched up with pro genjis and hanzos and people with like 5x as much time and levels as me. And I just get slaughtered. No chance to actually play.

Kind of annoying.
If you keep losing it should start dropping you down

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If Blizzard was trying to make me hate Overwatch, they succeeded. Most games I had gold and silver medals in different categories. When I found out what those meant, it really burned. Maybe I'll play QM sometimes or play AI as a Solitaire-like thing, but so far as I saw this game is dogshit for solo queue. I'm never touching competitive without a full team of friends.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Playing Rein is a lot of fun because other players frequently don't like to push up with his shield, giving the other team ample time to react to the push, cutting you off. If you're lucky you might have a Widowmaker to cover you, at least until she somehow loses a long range duel with a Mei. Of course, Rein's ult is fantastic. It's a really great feeling when you panic ult after being cut off, somehow missing the entire enemy team.

It's a lot of fun guys.

I know this feeling. It sucks.

If Blizzard was trying to make me hate Overwatch, they succeeded. Most games I had gold and silver medals in different categories. When I found out what those meant, it really burned. Maybe I'll play QM sometimes or play AI as a Solitaire-like thing, but so far as I saw this game is dogshit for solo queue. I'm never touching competitive without a full team of friends.

ouch
FeelsFuckingBadMan

Wish there was another way

well

you could buy a smurf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom