• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a pretty hype win on Numbani to round out tonights session, came down to a matter of centimeters. Extra satisfying because there were a couple of smurfs on the other team.

hypernima

Banned
Not exactly. You have to give up a lot of the standard 2/2/2 gameplan in order to run her in the DPS slot. It's a really tricky thing because EMP is savage but the drawbacks of just playing her ultless really hamstring a team :T

Not really, a good Sombra on certain points of a map can usually manage to hack a rein if they can get above him undetected. I've done it and seen Codey do it plenty of times. You never really have to worry about having an ultless Sombra anyways, a team that knows her gimmick can charge her ult in like 15-18 seconds probably.

KHlover

Banned
unknown.png

OMG and that's legendary event skin number two. Both legendaries for Mei within 40 minutes o_O

Anne

Not really, a good Sombra on certain points of a map can usually manage to hack a rein if they can get above him undetected. I've done it and seen Codey do it plenty of times. You never really have to worry about having an ultless Sombra anyways, a team that knows her gimmick can charge her ult in like 15-18 seconds probably.

Even if she's doing that you're giving up a lot. It's a lot more involved.

hypernima

Banned
The most depressing thing about OW now is that no one uses their mics to communicate, instead to complain at the end of the match despite the fact that communication could have helped. That and I have nobody to duo queue with.

Mei's legendaries aren't even all that special, tbh. It's just that the rest of her skins aren't all that great to begin with. Zenyatta and Reinhardt got the best skins in the event by a mile.

Blues1990

Mei's legendaries aren't even all that special, tbh. It's just that the rest of her skins aren't all that great to begin with. Zenyatta and Reinhardt got the best skins in the event by a mile.
I do love her Yeti Hunter Legendary, though. Can't go wrong with that one.

But I generally agree. Winston & co. had won the lottery with their Lunar NY skins, & D.Va's is pretty nice to boot.

Mr Git

Like someone else said here Sombra's Ultimate is most suicidal Ultimate in this game.
Almost every time i hear "EMP activated", i hear her screaming second or two after that.

Also Sombra alone can't do much with it so it depends a lot on other teammates. Maybe more than any other Ulti in the game. Making it almost useless.

It's definitely situational, but when our team is actually about to attack and I've got an EMP it's one of the few times I use the translocator to get into combat rather than out of it. EMP + likely suicide is worth it if your team makes good on taking out the hacked enemy team.

I do use it non-suicidally sometimes. It's great that it goes through walls and gets health packs and turrets that are tucked away.

Skii

Am I the only one who plays the arcade mode as a way for dumb fun & not just to grind for loot boxes?

I absolutely hate it. Literally only play it for the loot boxes because it's just not fun to keep getting heroes you can't play or game modes that are just not interesting to play. QP is just so much better for the casual experience.

NeoRaider

I find 3v3 to be less horrible compared to the other modes. Like many others here playing it only for the loot boxes, and i like 3v3 the most because matches are usually very short and i can win playing Ana or Hog.

I find 3v3 to be less horrible compared to the other modes. Like many others here playing it only for the loot boxes, and i like 3v3 the most because matches are usually very short and i can win playing Ana or Hog.

I like it because the matches are quick, they are low pressure, there are no objectives to deal with, and I get into a lot of heated 1v1 situations that let me practice my fundamentals.

antitrop

I got the game last week. Is it normal for people to beg for 2 tanks 2 healers?

2 Offense, 2 Tanks, 2 Supports is the most standard composition. It's not mandatory, but I would say it gives an uncoordinated/inexperienced team the best chance of winning.

As people get more comfortable with the game, they can branch out and try new things, but 2-2-2 is a good base to start from while still learning the game.

NeoRaider

I like it because the matches are quick, they are low pressure, there are no objectives to deal with, and I get into a lot of heated 1v1 situations that let me practice my fundamentals.

Yes, i agree. With good teammates 3v3 can be fun.

What's typical? I've been playing for a month and I think I've gotten 8-10 legendary outfits.

Typical for me is: Legendary/2 Epics then 10 blue/white boxes. :/
Every time i get Legendary skin (duplicate or not) my next few boxes are all blue/white.

I mean i guess you can open 2 Legendary skins in a row but it barely happens and i only got 2 Legendary items (one of them is usually coins) in one box 3 times i think.

pizzacat

Banned
yeah i think this is the last event i play comp in

last event i lost a lot of points too it has to be that the event draws people in and these people are the worst in every possible way

Once I see I have a group in my team its an automatic loss lol

and I cant really get mad because its whatever but ya know it gets kind of frustrating to know that the only way I can get good matches of ow going is in a game mode where I'm always going to lose

antitrop

yeah i think this is the last event i play comp in

last event i lost a lot of points too it has to be that the event draws people in and these people are the worst in every possible way
The first few days of new events are noticeably worse, but then it returns to normal after about a week or so, from my experience.

It seriously get on my nerves when people tell me to switch from reaper, when I'm doing the most for taking objective and already with 3 gold medals, I know the hero doesn't have fame for being super effective, but why the hell would I switch if I'm putting some work on the other team.

antitrop

It seriously get on my nerves when people tell me to switch from reaper, when I'm doing the most for taking objective and already with 3 gold medals, I know the hero doesn't have fame for being super effective, but why the hell would I switch if I'm putting some work on the other team.
Some people get overly concerned with what the pros are doing, even though there's little relation between tournament play and regular matchmaking.

Lyng

To keep the team happy. I usually switch when asked to. Keeping the team happy is more important. Even if your a godlike Reaper your team might need something else. Why refuse and get your team on the tilt?

Blues1990

3v3 mode is super fun, with the right teammates.

I use Mystery Heroes as a way to get out of my comfort zone as far as playing certain characters. Can get real hectic though.

Yeah Mystery heroes represents 70% of my play time. I love it.

I mean I'm playing for fun too, but it sucks losing that many matches in a row regardless.

i dont play arcade at all :^)

I absolutely hate it. Literally only play it for the loot boxes because it's just not fun to keep getting heroes you can't play or game modes that are just not interesting to play. QP is just so much better for the casual experience.

only play it for lootboxes + total mayhem.

every other mode is a drag. >__<

Okay, I was just wondering. Whenever I play Mystery Heroes or 3 VS 3, people always keep saying "So, is anyone grinding for loot boxes." or "Man, these games are such a slog."

I'm playing this game to have fun. It ain't a homework assignment.

snack

Were we always able to buy event skins? Seems like this was added in recently. I missed out on some dope Halloween legendary skins because I thought I had to uncrate them. FACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom