• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Were we always able to buy event skins? Seems like this was added in recently. I missed out on some dope Halloween legendary skins because I thought I had to uncrate them. FACK
Ever since Halloween, yes. Summer games was loot box only and it lead to a lot of complaints.

antitrop

Were we always able to buy event skins? Seems like this was added in recently. I missed out on some dope Halloween legendary skins because I thought I had to uncrate them. FACK
Summer Games, no. Halloween, Winter, and Lunar New Year, yes.

Some people get overly concerned with what the pros are doing, even though there's little relation between tournament play and regular matchmaking.

Figured as much, it's funny that they think the composition will have the same impact with a bunch of randoms in QP.

To keep the team happy. I usually switch when asked to. Keeping the team happy is more important. Even if your a godlike Reaper your team might need something else. Why refuse and get your team on the tilt?

Nah, to hell with them I say, I play to enjoy myself, not to satisfy some nonsense notion.

Sullichin

My team instantly destroys the point in Eichenwalde and then someone on the other team leaves and the game ends/ doesn't count. So frustrating.

Fancolors

Leetaejun and dean won't be playing for LH for at least two months.

Overwatch pro team Lunatic-Hai put up an official apology yesterday regarding the recent scandal in which Leetaejun and dean were involved with multiple female fans. Individual apology posts by Leetaejun and Donggeun “dean” Geum followed, and Lunatic-Hai announced that they resolved to ban the two players from the entire APEX Season 2 as well as the team’s official events for 2 months.

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/963

Ever since I hit Diamond, I've been having the worst losses I've had this season. I've fallen down to, and have stayed in, the high 2800's since. One game paired me with a four stack with two of them having fallen from GM to the low 3000's. Maybe for this reason or another but they threw the game. Yeah, I have to work my ass off to hit my goal and I get paired with people who want to lose so my rank suffers.

The night after, I had 3 Draws in a row with one of them being because of someone who only plays Torb, even on Attack, which accomplished nothing. I quit after two losses in a row and it sucks to do that after two games. I'm slowly starting to think I had more fun trying to climb out of Platinum.

Skii

That seems a bit extreme. They've been forced to retire from their livelihood because they were promiscuous? I thought at worst they'd just join another team in Korea or move to a team in the west.

JHall

Miro is still pure

i1479106659516387.jpeg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That seems a bit extreme. They've been forced to retire from their livelihood because they were promiscuous? I thought at worst they'd just join another team in Korea or move to a team in the west.

Dean i can understand because apparently minors were involved, but yeah seemed a bit extreme for ltj.

GoaThief

I'm so annoyed from yesterday still. Lost about 100cp in four matches - first two as a four man whom I play with regularly. First had a random kid as pharah whom talked but decided to horde his ultimate alongside soldier until the very end whilst the rest of us bar soldier (whom wandered around aimlessly) threw ourselves at Hollywood A. Was talk of what we could have done better to help mitigate (Lucio for a mercy given circumstances, etc) which resulted in perceived personal slights and the following game was an utter salty shambles of mostly our own making.

Two retire for the day, two of us continue with hope in our hearts only to run into the randoms from hell. I tanked, my friend is pretty much exclusively Zenyatta which gives a fair amount of freedom... first game I'm only tank with defense characters on attack plus another pharah but this time permanently had a mercy attached to her hip who literally only healed their flying friend and hit resurrect when the other person from their two man died regardless of situation. We were utterly stomped of course. One more game? We were just unlucky and surely at our average of just over 3000cp we will find at least some competent players whom want to win...

What happened? Same map, similar characters (we may have gained a widow maker or sombra to compiment a hanzo/genji switcher) and what would be best described as a clone of the previous pair in a two man albeit after we ludicrously managed to cap the first point on hanamura, the pharah switched to a Mccree with a mercy perma-attached/solo resurrecting away from everyone. No amount of pleading would deter these two who sent lovely messages after saying they're smurfing and don't care/we're better than you. Instead of being within 100 of Master I'm now about 150 from platinum again and cant even bring myself to farm loot boxes for the D.va skin I desperately desire.

TLDR; competitive mode woes, wanted to vent and hopefully find the stomach to play it again!

Fancolors

"scandal"

From what i read on reddit, they talked to multiple girls online...

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Korean culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Korea, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

I forgot that weekend overwatch was the worst overwatch, a fatal error on my end.
Matched up with so many clueless players, rant rant etc.

But hey some positivity, Rose Tracer and Sporty Tracer popping out the same box, now I have all her standard skins with only the sports and christmas events missing.
Of course the only one I really want is either of the sport ones, I tend to stick with default otherwise.

I used to hate playing on the weekend but I've been having better games lately. Just climbed back 300 points which I lost during the week. Had a nice 8 game win streak.

Maximo

Blizzard luck has finally changed for me I got 3 Gold Skins 2 nights ago and One Gold Skin last night, fucking insane luck usually Blizzard likes to kick me down but man I can't complain for a long time.

Lyng

Man comeback victories in this game are the best.
Was quickplay on Hollywood we where on defence. They got the payload very quickly and with about 5 minutes left they where at the parkinglot. I switched to D.Va and just before they got the victory I managed to get my ulti of and get a tripple kill.
Managed to catch their Roadhog and Lucio with that kill.
Even got Potg for that.

But most importantly we managed to hold the point the last 4.30 minutes and secured the win.

Nimby

Banned
Wow, there was lots of Overwatch today. Assembly with NIP, Hammers and Spicy Boys (now Tempo Storm) on Overguard. We also got to see a bunch of Tier 2 EU teams on Gosu, also former Reunited.

BasicMath

Quick play is awful. I wish we had a 2fort-like map mode for the widows and hanzos. They're in every goddamn game. Because you know, it's QP and fuck you for wanting to win a game I'm practicing, bitch.

The good thing is that you can join a match, checkout the team comp during the "Assembling Your Team" phase and decide whether to leave or stay without penalty. I'm out if they ever change this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Quick play is awful. I wish we had a 2fort-like map mode for the widows and hanzos. They're in every goddamn game. Because you know, it's QP and fuck you for wanting to win a game I'm practicing, bitch.

The good thing is that you can join a match, checkout the team comp during the "Assembling Your Team" phase and decide whether to leave or stay without penalty. I'm out if they ever change this.

that's where i'm at too. competitive is less stressful just because all the widow/hanzo 'gotta practice bro' are in QP. There's a minimum of a mix of 3 in every game. Usually 2 on one team and one on the other.

RemiLP

Overwatch does NOT want me to stay in plat :p

i feel like im almost winnning 2 games for every loss i get, and i just barely get above the SR i had before the last loss after two wins.

Kito

Started S3 Gold rank, now 200 SR / ~5 games away from Master rank. All I need is non-koth maps and no Naruto brothers to do this.

breadtruck

Yup. Sniper classes on attack are a good excuse for me to NOPE outta there.

Ive started to bail out of Elimination also if I see someone pick one of those two as well. I typically let them do it the first round to see if they are somehow a god-tier sniper, but when we lose and they pick it again, Im out.

Dont even care anymore.

Oxn

my story

Starting playing OW just before Christmas, got placed at 1560, still wasnt that familiar with the game, so my rank dropped to 900 lol. Now that im better i just started beating my career high and sitting at 1640 right now.

I expect to drop back soon, but it is possible to get out of bronze.

Oxn

Quick question, if you drop a game before it starts do u still get penalized?

You know how games are like when it says, someone left, game ends in 10sec. If you are that someone, does anything happen?

Torokil

Quick play is for people who want to play nonmeta picks. I love playing as Sombra but I'm sure as fuck not picking her in comp. The only other option is arcade and besides the random heroes (which you have a 1 in 23 chance to get who you want) people still rage.

Blizzard needs to delete the unlimited picks mode in arcade (its all but dead), put a 2 character limit on QP, and add a mode where you can play with the comp ruleset but not lose points if you lose.

MrPanic

Not what I expected.

Bajie-hog huffs a pork bun, love this little detail.

Hm, I didn't realize how nice Roadhog's weapon looks with the new skin. I might need to turn off my gold weapon for him because it basically looks like the regular weapon with it.

Current modes are whatever. Those aren't what need work. What the game desperately needs is a teaching aid.

I get that people think QP is for learning heroes. And it's certainly something that I've used it for. I feel like people fail to get that if we're getting rofl-stomped, you're not going to learn much about the hero and you probably need to switch to a hero you can play for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom