• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

I use blue dot rn cause I don't give a fuck and am my own indepedent strong woman :v. Debating on turning back on small circle for projectile heroes though, it helps a bit tbh but I like it being uniform so I don't get thrown off.

i just use the white short crosshairs

#basic

idk if i'm slightly colorblind or something but using the green reticle made it incredibly hard to see

LiK

ND = nuno pinto here, he has abandoned me when it comes to comp. I still play more comp than anything else, though qp hasn't been terrible lately. Expect last night with psycho when we had two snipers on koth...

QP and Arcade has been pleasant for me. More wins than losses.

I use blue dot rn cause I don't give a fuck and am my own indepedent strong woman :v. Debating on turning back on small circle for projectile heroes though, it helps a bit tbh but I like it being uniform so I don't get thrown off.

i was thinking of trying small circle for Zen and see if that's better than dot as well.

i just use the white short crosshairs

#basic

idk if i'm slightly colorblind or something but using the green reticle made it incredibly hard to see

damn, white. seems way too hard to see, imo.

Cappa

Banned
ND = nuno pinto here, he has abandoned me when it comes to comp. I still play more comp than anything else, though qp hasn't been terrible lately. Expect last night with psycho when we had two snipers on koth...

He told me he doesnt play with you anymore because hes gotten good with Rein and we dont need your Rein anymore, dont tell him I told you though

I'm looking to expand my PS4 friends list to make up for ND never playing the game. Psn: Owzers

Current rank 3110ish, mainly friendly people with a mic who don't sing. Humming for brief periods of time is acceptable.

My roommate sings loudly enough to be heard over mic sometimes, does that count?

He told me he doesnt play with you anymore because hes gotten good with Rein and we dont need your Rein anymore, dont tell him I told you though

It's okay, haven't you heard the news? Owzers is a Mercy main now.

Anne

The reaction to Winston buffs on the main subreddit are terrifying. I knew people thought he was weak but I didn't think most of the top comments were going to be "wow so Winston is still ass I guess." I keep forgetting that I'm in my own fragile bubble too ;~;

Anne

Winston dies so goddamn quick. Or maybe make his bubble a lil stronger like in beta.

He doesn't, he just hilariously enough requires a bit of a more thoughtful approach than the average player base has towards him orz.

for crosshair:

on xboxone i use green dot, on pc i use a magenta dot.

those to me are the two colors least represented elsewhere. blue blends in with your team, red blends in with the enemy. black is okay but can be hard to see, same with the white/gray. i find mysself to be more accurate with the dot shape too

I'm laughing cause they seemed to be setting her up as a good counter to Bastion and it's like...she wasn't and now even less so.

ive been playing a lot of sombra lately trying to level up to 25 on my pc account, and she can be such a viable character, but has a few issues that need to be addressed to truly make her worth playing. i hope they sort that out. because if so she could destroy bastion or a symmetra and her turrets with ease

ive been playing a lot of sombra lately trying to level up to 25 on my pc account, and she can be such a viable character, but has a few issues that need to be addressed to truly make her worth playing. i hope they sort that out. because if so she could destroy bastion or a symmetra and her turrets with ease

yeah, I don't think she's a bad character conceptually. I just think there are some tweaks that need to be made still.

I really enjoy playing her still.

I heard this so I'm trying to learn to play him. It's frustrating but very satisfying to wreak havoc on another team with him.

ive played winston since the open beta. hes really just about being annoying. also, if their team isn't that squishy or has a lot of tanks, it might be best to lay off winston in place of someone else. he can wipe out tracers and zenyattas and the like with ease.

my playstyle is leap in, zap for a bit, if im getting lit up, gtfo or put shield and leap. bound leap to my right click. melee also comes in handy for him occasionally. if i see a squishier player ill be sure to target them real quick as he can kill quickly if you just lay on them. his ult is great on certain maps. i tend to find myself playing winston mainly on illios, i guess due to knockoffs but i think he works well there. and on the tower too. control point is great for winston although i find nepal not too good for him.

yeah, I don't think she's a bad character conceptually. I just think there are some tweaks that need to be made still.

shes a blast to play. yesterday on hanamura we were attacking point b and theres some spots she can get to behind the defenders to continuously hack or drop in with her EMP ult

Anne

I heard this so I'm trying to learn to play him. It's frustrating but very satisfying to wreak havoc on another team with him.

Protip: Figure out how your DPS want to fight and where the enemy team is positioning before you jump. If you just jump on backline without DPS to follow you up, the enemy team is just going to stare at you and melt you. If that's the case you have to play around the enemy frontline and just be distracting enough, or you have to wait fo rengages to really get going before going on your leap. The exception is when something really vulnerable keeps playing isolated.

Also learn to vary barrier drop timings. Land > check space > barrier > play around barrier is hard to deal with for the enemy team.

If you play in mind that you aren't there to absorb damage but are just trying to keep eyes on you he makes a ton more sense.

Nimby

Banned
I didn't know this could happen but apparently HULKs teleporter vanished when he placed it, it wasn't destroyed by the enemies.

Anne

I didn't know this could happen but apparently HULKs teleporter vanished when he placed it, it wasn't destroyed by the enemies.

Yoooo I Was wondering how the fuck his ult charge was so shit. That explains a hell of a lot. This bug has been known about for awhile, didn't expect it in a pro game.

I've spent $30 on loot boxes and opened around 60 for LNY and all I've gotten is 2 legendary skins so far. F this shit.

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Another good winston tip is that you should jump high into the air, and not straight to where you want to land. The cooldown activates as soon as you jump, so it's better that you land with just 2 or 3 seconds left to your next jump in case things go wrong. I also like to do this because I can get a nice overview of the fight and can land on my targets more accurately.

Skii

I've just seen the Roadhog nerfs.

Tears in my eyes. No more losing 1v1s against bad Roadhogs as Reaper.

Feelsgoodman.

NeoRaider

Am i the only one who thinks that there is something really creepy about Torb screaming "Too hot for you!"

But also spamming it all the time. XD

She was never going to be good against him so Sombras shouldnt be picking fights with Bastions anyways
Hacking Bastion pulls him out of turret form and stops him being able to heal.

He'll be worse to fight in sentry form than before, but Sombra does not struggle with Bastion.

I have custom crosshair settings for different heroes. Small crosshairs for McCree and Ana, big crosshairs with bloom for Soldier 76, dots for Tracer and Sombra, default crosshairs for Zarya and Hanzo (I find them useful), etc.

All green, though.

Ramirez

No need for one. There's enough of good soldiers/mccrees out there to counter her from my experience, aiming at her with the dual-zone controls isn't exactly hard since there's such a strong auto-aim. If she can get the jump on them first that's her merit, she deserves it.

And a lot of times Pharah isn't the problem, it's more what's happening in the ground. Also, if there is a Pharmercy then the hitscan should have the help of zen/ana/mercy to deal with her.

Last time I checked the leaderboard had more S76/Tracer/Genji than Pharah has the most played heroes.

I have played Pharahs that are capable of completely shutting down Solider/McCree combos even at GM. She requires more of a team effort to kill than Roadhog. She shouldn't be able to stay in the air at all times, the damage drop off for Soldier/McCree is ludicrous considering how high and far back she can stay.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Another good winston tip is that you should jump high into the air, and not straight to where you want to land. The cooldown activates as soon as you jump, so it's better that you land with just 2 or 3 seconds left to your next jump in case things go wrong. I also like to do this because I can get a nice overview of the fight and can land on my targets more accurately.
I like it when Winston does this when I'm playing Mercy. It lets me fly up after him for a bit of extra healing/damage boosting before I need to let him loose, then I get a nice overview of the fight myself as I float for a bit before flying back into the main team.

You'd think a mercy flying up above the enemy team like that would be bad, but I actually don't get shot at much like this, probably because of the big scientist coming right at them at the same time.

Borden

Neo Member
Just getting back into this, is the PS4 group still "Overwatch GAF Squad"? There hasn't been a post since before Christmas.

I'll be on ALL god damn day if anyone is interested in teaming up with a 1700s player. PSN: Bordman

The Roadhog and Winston stuff is up on PTR now. Gonna looksee how the changes work.

Edit: Ana still seems to be pretty reliably one shot, but melee indeed does not connect from immediate range after hook pull.

Edit 2: Reaper and Mei still seem reliably instagibbed too.

Ambient80

Same here, very enjoyable to play. I had 38 hacks on my last match with her on I think Anubis. I love seeing Reinhardts freak out cause they don't know what to do after being hacked.

komaruR

i wish mccree gets a back a bit of range. not dmg up, just up his range so he don't get so punish with the dmg fall off. (console side speaking, not sure how it will effect pc, probably make him too op?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom