• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Been having a lot of fun playing Lucio and Tracer lately along with some Roadhog. Might jump back into Pharah who was my main during the low level days and be good with her again. My proficiency with a wider selection of heroes have increased a lot in the past few weeks. I think once I go back into Comp next season. I can choose between 9 heroes without any problems.

Junkrat
D.va
Zen
Lucio
Soldier
Tracer
Reaper
Symm (mode specific)
Torb (mode specific)

The rest I'm passable with.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Roadhog whiners won out, huh? When's the Pharah nerf coming on console? 🤔
Pharah?
On consoles the most annoying hero by far is Tracer... and Junkrat, i friggin' hate Junkrat.

Soldier first.

I used to think 76 was OP but after dealing with his changes for 2 months I've learned to work around him and he doesn't seem particularly worse than any other hero.

Scatter arrows still top my #1 most annoying list.

Been having a lot of fun playing Lucio and Tracer lately along with some Roadhog. Might jump back into Pharah who was my main during the low level days and be good with her again. My proficiency with a wider selection of heroes have increased a lot in the past few weeks. I think once I go back into Comp next season. I can choose between 9 heroes without any problems.

Junkrat
D.va
Zen
Lucio
Soldier
Tracer
Reaper
Symm (mode specific)
Torb (mode specific)

The rest I'm passable with.

I think my comp list looks something like:

Lucio, Zen, Ana, DVa, Zarya, Junkrat, Soldier, Tracer

I can occasionally throw in Rein or Mei or Reaper, and will go Pharah if we need one but I'm not fantastic with her.

Still want to get good with McCree. I can feel my skills with him improving and it carries over to most other heroes.

LiK

I think my comp list looks something like:

Lucio, Zen, Ana, DVa, Zarya, Junkrat, Soldier, Tracer

I can occasionally throw in Rein or Mei or Reaper, and will go Pharah if we need one but I'm not fantastic with her.

Still want to get good with McCree. I can feel my skills with him improving and it carries over to most other heroes.

I feel like McCree will be even more worthless if/when the Bastion buffs go live.

Veelk

Banned
and Junkrat, i friggin' hate Junkrat.

I hate junkrat too, but he's by no means overpowered. He's clearly underpowered if anything. He's just really annoying because half the time you die to him is because he's spamming grenades in your general direction without actually aiming.

they'll never remove widow

worst case scenario they'll just nerf her a bit more like genji who was nerfed and is still one of the best heroes in the game, you just gotta work for it harder

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I hate junkrat too, but he's by no means overpowered. He's clearly underpowered if anything. He's just really annoying because half the time you die to him is because he's spamming grenades in your general direction without actually aiming.
Yeah i know, but i friggin' hate for some reason.
I think it's because everytime i get killed by a Junkrat is a one shot kill.

LiK

Well, if he's landing grenades towards you, he's technically aiming. If you happened to run into them then that's just a good coincidence for Junk players. I like to use the walls to ricochet nades into hallways and rooms.

NeoRaider

Got Sombra "Power Outage" achievement! Yaaas.
I was kinda surprised because i wasn't expecting it. It was in Hanamura on attack.

Now i need "Hack the Planet" but i think that this one will be tricky to get.

Veelk

Banned
Well, if he's landing grenades towards you, he's technically aiming. If you happened to run into them then that's just a good coincidence for Junk players. I like to use the walls to ricochet nades into hallways and rooms.

It's a first person shooter. You can not 'technically' aim because the act of moving the targeting recital is by definition technical aiming.

Still, he mostly just spams grenades in a general direction and gets lucky. It's what his character is designed to do. It's just not fun dying to a coincidence.

LiK

It's a first person shooter. You can not 'technically' aim because the act of moving the targeting recital is by definition technical aiming.

Still, he mostly just spams grenades in a general direction and gets lucky. It's what his character is designed to do. It's just not fun dying to a coincidence.

He lobs grenades, what do you expect the grenades to do? Of course they're gonna bounce and explode. Players have to account for the trajectory. Bad Junks can barely kill anything from what I've seen. If they made them shoot out like a rocket launcher, then he would just be a male Pharah without wings.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
covering a choke as a zone denial character isn't 'coincidence'
aNK8ff.gif

also worst ult in the game and his hard counter gets constant buffs. all he really has right now is breaking reinhardts shield

LiK

covering a choke as a zone denial character isn't 'coincidence'
https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-27-2016/aNK8ff.gif
also worst ult in the game and his hard counter gets constant buffs. all he really has right now is breaking reinhardts shield[/QUOTE]

Worst Ult? Nah.

Veelk

Banned
He lobs grenades, what do you expect the grenades to do? Of course they're gonna bounce and explode. Players have to account for the trajectory. Bad Junks can barely kill anything from what I've seen. If they made them shoot out like a rocket launcher, then he would just be a male Pharah without wings.

I'm not saying there isn't skill involved in playing him. I'm not saying he's overpowered. I'm not even saying the random lobbed grenades killing you shouldn't happen.

I'm just saying it's not very fun.

I feel like McCree will be even more worthless if/when the Bastion buffs go live.

Yeah...it'll probably be a while before he's a viable choice in comp, but I like messing around with him in QP. There's something satisfying about headshotting an escaping Mercy.

Well Junkrat is 50% area denial - that's what his kit is about. It's hard to miss his shots since they glow brightly and he makes a lot of noise. People who die due to his spam are usually just trying to push through an area he's trying to keep covered instead of finding another way around.

Good Junkrats can hit direct shots with their grenades when they need to, but there's a reason he's considered Defense not Offense - he's about spatial control of a map. If I'm Junkrat, you bet your ass I'm going to spam grenades into a choke point until I have a better shot. It's up to the attacking team to be aware of my spam and work around it. If they die to my random spam, that's on them.

LiK

I'm not saying there isn't skill involved in playing him. I'm not saying he's overpowered. I'm not even saying the random lobbed grenades killing you shouldn't happen.

I'm just saying it's not very fun.

Fair point. He sucks to fight against but as a Junk player he's really great to zone players. It's just I see too many people play him too passively and he ends up not doing much for the team.

also worst ult in the game and his hard counter gets constant buffs. all he really has right now is breaking reinhardts shield

You can get some kills frequently on console if you jump a lot and climb some walls, since people have a hard time hitting a jumping tire, especially if it comes from above.

Must be much harder to pull off on PC though.

LiK

Uh what.

Why would buffed bastion push out mccree.

He's really damn good now.

I've been watching those PTR video analysis videos and man, he's like an alternate Soldier with more armor and dat Ironclad passive in Sentry mode. I dunno, those changes make him seem pretty good.

Uh what.

Why would buffed bastion push out mccree.

He's really damn good now.

On console if soldier is taken and is having trouble dealing with Pharah alone I will definitely pick Bastion now and just stay in recon form lol. That spread is really good, and if I'm not mistaken it deals the same damage as S76.

I suck at McCree though.

Nimby

Banned
On console if soldier is taken and is having trouble dealing with Pharah alone I will definitely pick Bastion now and just stay in recon form lol. That spread is really good, and if I'm not mistaken it deals the same damage as S76.

I suck at McCree though.

People forget that Soldier has his Helix Rocket, and even without it he still outdamages Bastion in recon form.

Bastion may be able to transform quicker but he also can't sprint. I think he might be meta, but he won't replace Soldier or McCree specifically.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've been watching those PTR video analysis videos and man, he's like an alternate Soldier with more armor and dat Ironclad passive in Sentry mode. I dunno, those changes make him seem pretty good.

No burst though, which is fairly important. Also flashbang is probably still much preferred over the turret.

I see him more replacing soldier in defense but even then eeeeeeh.

Nanotank is fucking overpowered even now though lol. Just imagine how it'll be with ironclad.

Does Bastion's buffs make Sombra even more useless than before? I mean her hack would be good against him, but if he has extra armor she's not even gonna be able to get the kill then right?

I was wondering about that

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The downside to nanotank is that you rarely ever get it.

Healers ignore the fuck out of Bastion for whatever reason. They don't know how awesome nanotank is. Its like when Ana ults me when I primal rage. Like no. Stop that.
Does Bastion's buffs make Sombra even more useless than before? I mean her hack would be good against him, but if he has extra armor she's not even gonna be able to get the kill then right?

She was never going to be good against him so Sombras shouldnt be picking fights with Bastions anyways

LiK

Way harder to kill for her but preventing him from self-healing is good.

actually, the key to dealing with bastion as sombra is to run in front of him, turn invisible, run behind him, and then shoot

and then he will turn around and kill you

LiK

I use dot because the short crosshair is too big and it bothers the hell out of me.

Yea, I only use dot with Zen and McCree right now. The default reticule doesn't seem to help.

Maybe I'll change Tracer and the heroes above to small crosshairs and see if it's better than default circle.

People forget that Soldier has his Helix Rocket, and even without it he still outdamages Bastion in recon form.

Bastion may be able to transform quicker but he also can't sprint. I think he might be meta, but he won't replace Soldier or McCree specifically.

Yeah I'm not seeing myself picking Bastion over S76. But in the case I was talking about he's pretty good, you most likely won't hit the helix rocket on a Pharah and S76 spread is worse than Bastion.

I wonder if I should change my dot reticules to small crosshairs.. Does anyone use the dot one?

I use the dot, it probably sounds weird but sometimes I think I focused too much on the center of the screen when I had the other reticules. Color is green.

She was never going to be good against him so Sombras shouldnt be picking fights with Bastions anyways

Actually one of the best ways to kill a Bastion is going behind him as Sombra and just fire at the blue square. Console though once again, turning speed isn't as good. It's going to be significantly harder now.

Owzers

I'm looking to expand my PS4 friends list to make up for ND never playing the game. Psn: Owzers

Current rank 3110ish, mainly friendly people with a mic who don't sing. Humming for brief periods of time is acceptable.

LiK

I'm looking to expand my PS4 friends list to make up for ND never playing the game. Psn: Owzers

Current rank 3110ish, mainly friendly people with a mic who don't sing. Humming for brief periods of time is acceptable.

ND? I haven't seen a few guys on or if they're on, they're only playing Comp.

Owzers

ND? I haven't seen a few guys on or if they're on, they're only playing Comp.

ND = nuno pinto here, he has abandoned me when it comes to comp. I still play more comp than anything else, though qp hasn't been terrible lately. Expect last night with psycho when we had two snipers on koth...

Hey I actually have a decent sleeping schedule now. It's been a while since I played with you "americans" until morning.

Today I will be on later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom