• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

I play with some Gaffers here, we just keep inviting and hope people join up. even a 4-5 stack can get some other stacks and it gets mad sweaty.

Even in QP, stacks just don't wanna lose.

I see. That is the only legitimate way anyone can enjoy QP consistently. Soloing QP is like giving yourself an aneurysm.

hypernima

Banned
I play with some Gaffers here, we just keep inviting and hope people join up. even a 4-5 stack can get some other stacks and it gets mad sweaty.

Even in QP, stacks just don't wanna lose.

At most I've only played with one Gaffer at a time, been trying to fix that though.

Put me in coach, put me in.

Solo QP can be fun if you luck out.

Idk, I'm not too bothered by it but I guess I only really do an hour of it a day. rest of the time I'm partied up, usually with one person.

I imagine it would be frustrating if you were on your own all the time.

hypernima

Banned
Solo QP can be fun if you luck out.

Idk, I'm not too bothered by it but I guess I only really do an hour of it a day. rest of the time I'm partied up, usually with one person.

I imagine it would be frustrating if you were on your own all the time.

It is, I don't have a faithful quo buddy and none of my other friends really play the game like that. I spend 95% of my time in SQ. And most of my invites go unheard. Sux.

LiK

It is, I don't have a faithful quo buddy and none of my other friends really play the game like that. I spend 95% of my time in SQ. And most of my invites go unheard. Sux.

Sometimes I just see who's already in a group and join them. Too lazy to send invites most of the time. I don't mind solo QP because I'm just practicing heroes most of the time.

I would say a solid half of my S3 play was solo queue, and it was sad.

I don't mind solo queue quickplay because I more or less treat the other players like badly-designed bots.

Kain

Finished off a wounded Rein (he had like 100 health or so left) by punching him to death with Ana. I don't know if didn't see me or he was waiting for a heal or what, but he took all the punches with the shield raised like a champ

NeoRaider

Ppl acting like QP is some kind of abomination and disaster...
While competitive in everything that is below 3000 is pure trash most of the time and can be even more frustrating. I don't understand why so many Overwatch players who play competitive think so high of themselves and competitive games... Like: "QP? Ew", "How can anyone play this crap?"... etc. Ok you are playing competitive and don't like QP. But most of the players are playing this game for the fun and i guess many ppl don't want to fill, play something they don't like, care about Meta, leavers, canceled matches, SR... etc.

DevilDog

While competitive in everything that is below 3000 is pure trash most of the time and can be even more frustrating. I don't understand why so many Overwatch players who play competitive think so high of themselves and competitive games... Like: "QP? Ew", "How can anyone play this crap?"... etc. Ok you are playing competitive and don't like QP. But most of the players are playing this game for the fun and i guess many ppl don't want to fill, play something they don't like, care about Meta, leavers, canceled matches, SR... etc.

Yeah Overwatch comp is a disaster, although not that bad on masters and above.

Quick Play is by far the best way to play the game. And on high mmr people take QP semi seriously, which makes for a fun experience.

KillGore

Finished off a wounded Rein (he had like 100 health or so left) by punching him to death with Ana. I don't know if didn't see me or he was waiting for a heal or what, but he took all the punches with the shield raised like a champ

I do that all the time. They probably don't have the dash ability yet and know that if they lower that shield, they're going to die, so they just keep that shield up in hopes of a teammate helping them.

"It's a me, Lucio!"
Would double dip for Winston Kong.

Me when Mercy is damage boosting pocketing me as mccree.

https://www.askideas.com/media/30/Funny-Sweat-Man-Gif.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Know that the mercy is judging every shot you make, waiting to see those assists pop up yet becoming increasingly concerned when they're not "I should've pocketed that attack torb instead..."

[quote="Antiwhippy, post: 230857937"]I really don't understand how anyone can like quick play.[/QUOTE]

[quote="LiK, post: 230858474"]I have the same thoughts about Comp these days. All I see are people getting mad about losing SR.[/QUOTE]

Good thing we have arcade
*gets a terrible team roulette in mystery heroes*

Man fuck everything in this game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

It's more like "why is there an off season where I have to play QP."

Note that I pretty much don't say anything about QP until now because I just don't play it.

Like I won today with no healers against a comp with double healers and I had the highest healing as soldier. Shit's funny at some point but eh, honestly.

Off-season rank is also kinda bad because like QP solo people just don't care as much. Which is fine I guess. Can't wait for ranked to be back though.

ISOM

I don't have much fun solo QPing. It's different in groups but that's not common for me. I get much more fun out of solo competitive though as even though I'm solo, people are actually trying to win.

KillGore

All modes have their problems, even competitive.

I'm tired of everyone using the same characters, and it pisses me off even more as someone who doesnt use "meta" characters. There will always be a roadhog and a reinhardt. Zarya, Genji, Ana and Mercy are very likely too.

At least in QP you'll see sombra, torb, Mei, Winston, etc

LiK

I'm tired of everyone using the same characters, and it pisses me off even more as someone who doesnt use "meta" characters. There will always be a roadhog and a reinhardt. Zarya, Genji, Ana and Mercy are very likely too.

I'm happy for more CTF maps as well. Way more hero variety there too.

ISOM

There is a lot of Mei and Winston in competitive. Anyway, I don't think there needs to be a competition of which mode is better. Different modes offer different needs for people and that's ok.

KillGore

There is a lot of Mei and Winston in competitive. Anyway, I don't think there needs to be a competition of which mode is better. Different modes offer different needs for people and that's ok.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer competitive play over quickplay, but I do like the larger hero variety in quickplay. It is refreshing after fighting against so many hogs and zaryas. I'm glad both modes are there. No hero limits is great too, for the mayhem and possibilities of hero stacking, though on short bursts only (for me).

LiK

Don't get me wrong, I prefer competitive play over quickplay, but I do like the larger hero variety in quickplay. It is refreshing after fighting against so many hogs and zaryas. I'm glad both modes are there. No hero limits is great too, for the mayhem and possibilities of hero stacking, though on short bursts only (for me).

sometimes when you play one mode for too long, it gets stale. always fun to try different modes and just have fun and experiment.

Roxkis_ii

I don't understand the hate for quickplay.
How else are people going the learn how to play with chars without losing anything?

I use quickplay to learn how to make more impactful plays and social hacks.

Like if you play with Reinhart long enough during a match (on payload) people will eventually figure out to get behind the shield.

Lmao

Just had a game where there was a Roadhog, a pharah and a soldier all on my team and yet the enemy pharah was running free 🤔

Wtf were they doing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't understand the hate for quickplay.
How else are people going the learn how to play with chars without losing anything?

I use quickplay to learn how to make more impactful plays and social hacks.

Like if you play with Reinhart long enough during a match (on payload) people will eventually figure out to get behind the shield.

The problem is everyone goes to QP to 'practice' the same heroes

I hate QP cause it's just not fun anymore.

primarly cause 8 times out of 10 its just an unorganized mess.

once you put in hundreds of hours, QP is just stale compared to Competitive.

I still play QP when I don't want to play serious, but only with friends or other people. I just can't bring myself to solo queue in QP, as it just isn't fun.

Like I said, play QP in a group and it's a blast. Solo Q is trash 80% of the time. You reap what you sow.

pretty much this.

with that said I Looooooooooooooooooooved CTF.

I preferred playing CTF as a break between Competitive over QP. When CTF was out, I didn't touch QP AT ALL. not once I believe.

Can't wait for CTF to be back honestly.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I finally got to watch the Kongdoo match in apex yesterday.

Rascal's Sombra was a real treat to watch.

LiK

pretty much this.

with that said I Looooooooooooooooooooved CTF.

I preferred playing CTF as a break between Competitive over QP. When CTF was out, I didn't touch QP AT ALL. not once I believe.

Can't wait for CTF to be back honestly.

Yea, I look forward to the other maps.

Jellie

Lmao

Just had a game where there was a Roadhog, a pharah and a soldier all on my team and yet the enemy pharah was running free 🤔

Wtf were they doing

Well for roadhog, only his hook is effective on her. Pharah vs pharah is a waste of time and soldier only soft counters her. If the pharah is out of his range or smart with cover not much he can do. Ana and McCree are better at taking her out.

Well for roadhog, only his hook is effective on her. Pharah vs pharah is a waste of time and soldier only soft counters her. If the pharah is out of his range or smart with cover not much he can do. Ana and McCree are better at taking her out.
We had an Ana too and she wasn't doing anything :/

randome

Does anyone ever find this game gets kinda repetitive? I'm not sure if I'm just not good (i'm not) or what, but it seems like the same thing over and over sometimes. I wish there were more levels or something, i dunno.

All this complaining about QP....it's all about Mystery Heroes. I spend a ton of time there when I'm coming off a comp loss or now that we're in the off season. Love it.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Know that the mercy is judging every shot you make, waiting to see those assists pop up yet becoming increasingly concerned when they're not "I should've pocketed that attack torb instead..."
I've gone through that same process.

Sometimes I stop bothering to damage boost, just pull out the Mercy pistol, and hope no one notices.

LiK

All this complaining about QP....it's all about Mystery Heroes. I spend a ton of time there when I'm coming off a comp loss or now that we're in the off season. Love it.

Mystery Heroes is fun for the short term for me. It just ends up being annoying cuz people intentionally get themselves killed to get a heroes they want and then proceed to dominate people who aren't doing that.

Jellie

Mystery Heroes is fun for the short term for me. It just ends up being annoying cuz people intentionally get themselves killed to get a heroes they want and then proceed to dominate people who aren't doing that.

I don't like it cos its way too snowbally. It's even worse on the maps that are normally snowbally (CP). Take the first point and now they don't have any ults to defend the second point with while you guys do. Can't even stall until you get an ult since you'll never get an ult.

LiK

I don't like it cos its way too snowbally. It's even worse on the maps that are normally snowbally (CP). Take the first point and now they don't have any ults to defend the second point with while you guys do. Can't even stall until you get an ult since you'll never get an ult.

yea, i think the Ult meter should not reset upon death. It would make suddenly switching to a different hero with an Ult more random and fun.

Does anyone ever find this game gets kinda repetitive? I'm not sure if I'm just not good (i'm not) or what, but it seems like the same thing over and over sometimes. I wish there were more levels or something, i dunno.

You know what you can try doing whenever things start getting repetitive? Play a completely different character in another class. It can feel like you're playing a totally new game. It's what I've been doing since I've been playing close to the game's release last year, and I haven't gotten tired of it.

Pharah plays nothing like Zenyatta who plays nothing like Winston who plays nothing like Bastion who plays nothing like Zarya who plays nothing like Genji who plays nothing like Mei and so on and so forth.

I've sunk well over 250 hours into Overwatch, and I'm still constantly learning new ways to approach the game.

And to solidify my dumb devotion to the game, my "smurf" (i'm not that good) is now ready to play competitive when S4 rolls around! Wonder if I can place higher than my main account when I get through my placement matches.

edgefusion

Overwatch QP is ruined with all these gold-weapon super-pro elites stomping everyone. Start Season 4 soon please so I can go back to enjoying the game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom