• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torokil

It feels like a calm before the storm. No new characters in a while, no events going on, off season on comp play etc.

Hope we get a new character soon, preferably a Rein alternative and/or a Lucio alt. Current metas getting kind of stale.

Skii

It feels like a calm before the storm. No new characters in a while, no events going on, off season on comp play etc.

Hope we get a new character soon, preferably a Rein alternative and/or a Lucio alt. Current metas getting kind of stale.

Current meta is pretty decent after the nerfs went live. With Roadhog's hook nerf coming soon, it should be even better for season 4 even without the new hero.

Skii

Which hero has had the least buffs/nerfs? Feels like Reinhardt or Reaper to me.

Yeah I don't think they've been nerfed/buffed since the game was released. They are also probably the hardest characters to buff/nerf without ruining the game lol.

antitrop

Which hero has had the least buffs/nerfs? Feels like Reinhardt or Reaper to me.

I believe Tracer, Reaper, and Rein haven't been changed at all.

Hanzo has only had the speed of his arrows buffed slightly. Junkrat has only had the casting speed of his Ult sped up slightly.

KiraFA37

Ended season 3 on 3222, reached a high of 3266 and started from around 2500 , very satisfied. I think I could reach masters next season. The more I think about it the more I believe my new PC might have helped me, going from my old gaming laptop where I was between 30-60 fps with the occasional frame drop to buttery smooth 144 fps on my 144Hz screen is a world of difference, especially in big team fights. The game also looks amazing on higher settings. Now I also have 4500 competitive points to spend and I don't even like the golden weapons, might do a troll pick like a golden Torb hammer of a golden Mercy staff or a
Golden Sombrero uzi

On current Spidertanks events, I just want more lore, less events, more lore, more comics and an artbook please.

AngryMoth

I just hope if bastion turns out to be over-buffed and becomes a mandatory pick they fix it quickly, having him in every game sounds like a great way to make me stop playing.

I'm getting the feeling that Eli Oladele was written to be sacrificed / killed. I think she builds a robot thing, Talon tries to take the robot thing, Reaper kills Eli ("Nothing personnel, kid."), and the robot thing goes berserk in avenging Eli.

NeoRaider

Already seeing much more Bastions. And they can be scary and hard to kill with Rein and healer. I can only imagine what will happen in few days when they release buffed Bastion... :/

finalflame

I'm getting the feeling that Eli Oladele was written to be sacrificed / killed. I think she builds a robot thing, Talon tries to take the robot thing, Reaper kills Eli ("Nothing personnel, kid."), and the robot thing goes berserk in avenging Eli.

There's zero chance Blizzard is going to kill a kid.

The only change I really want for the game right now is everyone getting max abilities. It really bothers me when I play Reaper and my right-click does nothing, or that Mercy has no E ability.

You'd think a match where the only hook is on your team would be free from hook salt but nope!
D-Va drops a D-Va bomb in one of the Lijiang control center lobbies where its stopped by the front desk leaving it pretty ineffectual, I dart to the stairwell, a soldier opposite hides behind the statue, Zen and Roadhog are already outside the front door, safe.

EXCEPT Roadhog has to have his heroic martyr moment and decides to hook the thing a second before it explodes, dragging it over the front desk straight into all four of our sightlines and thus we all got nuked.
I almost never spam THANKS in a passive aggressive manner but by god he flippin' earned it.

Veelk

Banned
You'd think a match where the only hook is on your team would be free from hook salt but nope!
D-Va drops a D-Va bomb in one of the Lijiang control center lobbies where its stopped by the front desk leaving it pretty ineffectual, I dart to the stairwell, a soldier opposite hides behind the statue, Zen and Roadhog are already outside the front door, safe.

EXCEPT Roadhog has to have his heroic martyr moment and decides to hook the thing a second before it explodes, dragging it over the front desk straight into all four of our sightlines and thus we all got nuked.
I almost never spam THANKS in a passive aggressive manner but by god he flippin' earned it.

https://youtu.be/PvZvfDcaedw?t=192

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm looking forward to the new Bastion, though I hope he's not OP. I'll probably play him if someone else instalocks Soldier.

gW5QJPA.gif

Paltheos

I admit it - I'm one of those guys. I play allot of Roadhog, and every once in a while, like 1 in a 100 Dva bombs, I'll have an enormous brain fat and leap from "Dva ulted!" to "I MUST HOOK!" There's no solid rationale, and the feeling I experience may just barely last long enough to qualify as panic. My brain just correlates hooking a threat to safety and tells me to hit Shift before it's too late.

The 2 or 3 times I've done this, to all my teammates, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Grief.exe

The coming patch will probably shake things up more than the last one did.

Revenge of the Bastion Mains.

I feel like Bastion is going to have the same issues even after a buff.

He's going to be overpowered at low levels, and under utilized at higher levels where people exploit his lack of mobility.

I was fine with Blizzard just leaving him as a joke character.

I admit it - I'm one of those guys. I play allot of Roadhog, and every once in a while, like 1 in a 100 Dva bombs, I'll have an enormous brain fat and leap from "Dva ulted!" to "I MUST HOOK!" There's no solid rationale, and the feeling I experience may just barely last long enough to qualify as panic. My brain just correlates hooking a threat to safety and tells me to hit Shift before it's too late.

The 2 or 3 times I've done this, to all my teammates, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

It's understandable, basically like a variant of the classic "i'm helping!" Mei wall, sometimes the best intentions go sour like when a D.Va Bomb dropped in front of me, Rein stands in the way with his shield up and for some reason I decide "I'm gonna wall that as well!" except I clip Rein with the wall hoisting him above so that even his shield can't protect his exposed toes from eating the explosion, I actually sent an apologetic message after that blunder.

But I just had to vent it this time, not helped that the match also contained point where I was being pursued manically by Genji as I guardian angel and run past 4 teammates from the front no less while eating shurikens in my spine and not a single one even so much as glances at my predicament, should've stuck with Lucio but I got tired of them asking for healing while I'm standing there with the heal on like "well this is all you can get right now".

aeolist

Banned
I believe Tracer, Reaper, and Rein haven't been changed at all.

Hanzo has only had the speed of his arrows buffed slightly. Junkrat has only had the casting speed of his Ult sped up slightly.

hanzo's arrow hitbox has been adjusted twice i think, a nerf then a buff

Skii

Tracer Reaper and Rein are the big 3 that haven't been really touched. In alot of ways they really don't need to be.

Well Reaper definitely does if he continues to be this useless into season 4. But I understand it's difficult to adjust someone like Reaper or Reinhardt without breaking the character or making them just flat out OP.

aeolist

Banned
i think the bastion changes could be significant, people underestimated the recon gun previously and now it's way better. he'll still have the same counters as before (some will be worse for him since his effective range in turret mode is now far less) so he'll need to always be playing with his team but i think we'll see him a lot more.

Jellie

Ironclad is pretty damn OP in PTR right now. curious if it'll be nerfed before going live.

When have they ever nerfed something from the PTR except the Mercy damage amp. So far everything else that has been on PTR has made it to live I think.

ISOM

When have they ever nerfed something from the PTR except the Mercy damage amp. So far everything else that has been on PTR has made it to live I think.

They increased Hanzo's arrow hitbox before decreasing it before it went live. As a Hanzo player I wept.

Akuun

Ironclad is pretty damn OP in PTR right now. curious if it'll be nerfed before going live.
I heard that's pretty bad right now, yeah.

There was a video showing how ulting Bastion + nanoboost is pretty much unkillable with Ironclad. Pharah spent her entire ult on Bastion in this form, and he didn't die.

LiK

I heard that's pretty bad right now, yeah.

There was a video showing how ulting Bastion + nanoboost is pretty much unkillable with Ironclad. Pharah spent her entire ult on Bastion in this form, and he didn't die.

and i think i saw McCree Ult doesn't even lock onto him in Turret mode, haha.

Akuun

and i think i saw McCree Ult doesn't even lock onto him in Turret mode, haha.

I think we saw the same video. Yeah, the entire McCree ult channel never showed the kill marker on Bastion because his effective health was that high.

Veelk

Banned
I'm looking forward to the new Bastion, though I hope he's not OP. I'll probably play him if someone else instalocks Soldier.

I don't have access to PTR so I don't know how good/bad Bastion is, but the statements make me anxious.

For one, I now hear his recon mode gun is very reminiscent of Soldier's. See, that's already a bad sign. We don't need another Soldiers. In fact, we could easily lose the one we have and the game wouldn't be worse for it.

For another, the ironclad sounds like it can be hell. Bastion's is already not too bad if he's adequately protecte, usually from Reinhardt. His weakness is that once you get past the Reinhardt shield, he's fairly easy to take down. But if you give him an armor buff, an healing buff, and if you have a healer also taking care of him, I can see him being very hard to kill.

The only positive I see is that he could be a more useful Reinhardt Shield eater, perhaps emphasizing that character less in the meta. But I'm worried what the cost of that is going to be. Personally, I'd still rather see what a Reinshield with 1000 or 1200 HP would play like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom