• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's probably ultimately beneficial as it will make you a better player

Not really. There's a reason matchmaking exists as it does. There's a large line between someone slightly better than you that you can learn from facing and getting stomped so quickly that you can't learn anything.

adamy

Banned
Not really. There's a reason matchmaking exists as it does. There's a large line between someone slightly better than you that you can learn from facing and getting stomped so quickly that you can't learn anything.

I disagree. Match making exists as it does because it simply isn't fun getting stomped, and it's a videogame after all so the priority is on fun. It's also a competitive game, so obviously it has to be set up the way it is.

Being severely punished for your playstyle/group comp/positioning is a great way to learn what went wrong and what you need to fix going forward.

No_Style

Does anyone ever find this game gets kinda repetitive? I'm not sure if I'm just not good (i'm not) or what, but it seems like the same thing over and over sometimes. I wish there were more levels or something, i dunno.

Nope. I started playing as Mercy, Torb, Lucio and then Pharah. Then I included D.Va into the mix. I just started playing Soldier 76 more seriously during the Lunar New Year event. And lately it's been more Roadhog and Mei. The objectives may be the same but the circumstances and situations that each character presents gives it plenty of variety.

adamy

Banned
was wondering, there is no way to track arcade stats huh? they aren't added to your quickplay stats?

reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering what my total Lucio play time is and I can only find the numbers for QP and comp, although I've spent a shit ton of time playing arcade

I disagree. Match making exists as it does because it simply isn't fun getting stomped, and it's a videogame after all so the priority is on fun. It's also a competitive game, so obviously it has to be set up the way it is.

Being severely punished for your playstyle/group comp/positioning is a great way to learn what went wrong and what you need to fix going forward.
lol it's qp

adamy

Banned
lol it's qp

which is why getting rolled for educational purposes has no downside...

honestly I'm not sure where he is coming from because I have like a 90% win rate on QP and haven't encountered what he is saying. I was assuming most the higher tier people are simply doing off season comp right now.

LiK

was wondering, there is no way to track arcade stats huh? they aren't added to your quickplay stats?

reason I'm asking is because I'm wondering what my total Lucio play time is and I can only find the numbers for QP and comp, although I've spent a shit ton of time playing arcade

Arcade is pure fun mode so I don't believe they track stats there.

adamy

Banned
Arcade is pure fun mode so I don't believe they track stats there.

that's what I figured as the stats would be fairly irrelevant, I just wanted to know my time played stat in arcade so I have a general idea how many hours I've played a single character

LiK

that's what I figured as the stats would be fairly irrelevant, I just wanted to know my time played stat in arcade so I have a general idea how many hours I've played a single character

yea, it would be nice to have time played.

No_Style

I don't know what my second gold weapon should be. Mercy was my first. I'm leaning Soldier 76 so I can be as generic and tacky as possible.

LiK

I don't know what my second gold weapon should be. Mercy was my first. I'm leaning Soldier 76 so I can be as generic and tacky as possible.

I've been holding onto 3k since Season 2 cuz I dunno who to give it to. I'll probably settle on Zen for the golden balls.

adamy

Banned
Well, what were you expecting? I mean, what is it supposed to look like?

gold frog is my fav lucio skin and it comes with a gold gun

granted it isn't as pretty, it's a gold gun

think I'm gonna just switch to the white frog skin just so there is contrast

also sad that every single lucio skin outside the frog ones are lame af

Jellie

I wish lucios gold gun wasn't so lame :(

Yeah it's way too similar to hippity hops weapon skin. I used to be a big Lucio main back in season 1 (100 hours on Lucio I think) and I was never interested in the skin until the summer skins came out. Never got the brazilian football skin which is the only skin the weapon looks good gold on, so never got it.

LiK

gold frog is my fav lucio skin and it comes with a gold gun

granted it isn't as pretty, it's a gold gun

think I'm gonna just switch to the white frog skin just so there is contrast

also sad that every single lucio skin outside the frog ones are lame af

well, the gold skin makes it all glittery and more golden than the skin gold. just give it to him.

adamy

Banned
Yeah it's way too similar to hippity hops weapon skin. I used to be a big Lucio main back in season 1 (100 hours on Lucio I think) and I was never interested in the skin until the summer skins came out. Never got the brazilian football skin which is the only skin the weapon looks good gold on, so never got it.

Curious why you dropped lucio as a main given he's always been part of the meta

Reason I'm asking is because I got about 70 hours on him and I still find him 10000x more fun than any other hero to play

Worried I'm gonna get burned out or bored eventually which would make me sad because playing lucio is the most fun I've ever had in an FPS

Jellie

Reason I'm asking is because I got about 70 hours on him and I still find him 10000x more fun than any other hero to play

Worried I'm gonna get burned out or bored eventually which would make me sad because playing lucio is the most fun I've ever had in an FPS

You should be fine since you have a group of 6 but when you solo queue with him and he says "look at this team, we're gonna do great!" it kills you. Getting to 70 in season 1 while solo queuing, but just missing out on top 500 just made me decide to switch to Zarya. Almost got top 500 in season 2 but I switched to PC a couple of days after the leaderboard came online, at which point I was 506th so I probably could've gotten there with Zarya. Tried Lucio on PC but it never clicked. I wasn't able to do anything I used to. Tried DSPstanky's control scheme recently and while it allowed me to do what I wanted easier, I'd already moved past Lucio. I'll still Lucio in comp if I have to but it's rare.

Just to clarify, the 100 hours in season 1 meant total in comp and qp. 3/4 of it was in QP.

LiK

this is when you try to learn more heroes.

I have like a 90% win rate on QP

giphy.gif

Not even pro players have that kind of win rate lol.

adamy

Banned
You should be fine since you have a group of 6 but when you solo queue with him and he says "look at this team, we're gonna do great!" it kills you. Getting to 70 in season 1 while solo queuing, but just missing out on top 500 just made me decide to switch to Zarya. Almost got top 500 in season 2 but I switched to PC a couple of days after the leaderboard came online, at which point I was 506th so I probably could've gotten there with Zarya. Tried Lucio on PC but it never clicked. I wasn't able to do anything I used to. Tried DSPstanky's control scheme recently and while it allowed me to do what I wanted easier, I'd already moved past Lucio. I'll still Lucio in comp if I have to but it's rare.

Just to clarify, the 100 hours in season 1 meant total in comp and qp. 3/4 of it was in QP.

I feel like if you're decent as lucio on console your ability to survive is just absurd. Once you really get wall riding down combined with his other abilities especially speed boost make you slippery as hell. Haven't hit diamond yet so I'm sure it changes at the higher levels, but given the mechanical skill most console players have, I find myself rarely dying while contributing a lot at the same time

Hylian7

I had a satisfying moment last night where I was playing Reaper, and a Junkrat tire was coming right at me, and I shot it and destroyed it when it was right in front of my face.

Jellie

I feel like if you're decent as lucio on console your ability to survive is just absurd. Once you really get wall riding down combined with his other abilities especially speed boost make you slippery as hell. Haven't hit diamond yet so I'm sure it changes at the higher levels, but given the mechanical skill most console players have, I find myself rarely dying while contributing a lot at the same time
Nothing was worse as a Lucio main that another Lucio dancing on the payload while you're team ignored it. Can only boop then wait 4 seconds to boop again.

I remember one game in comp where two GMs, one on genji and the other on pharah couldn't kill me on King Row above the point. Managed to contest the point there when my team got wiped twice but they took it in overtime but we still won since they didn't get far after. Stalled there for about two minutes. Teammates were resigned to losing the point the first time then slowly realised before screaming encouragement down the mic. Was so hype.
I should clarify that i pretty much never lose qp when we have a 3-6 man group and are trying to take it serious and am also including my current success rate not career average

I've gone 12-3 my last 15 games

Edit:

IMG_0881.png

90% win rate damn. I only had a 70% win rate :(

LiK

I was playing with Gaffers and we were getting stomped in QP by a bunch of gold-skinned heroes in another stack. I told Buttch (who was group leader at the time to not quit out cuz i know we will win). I pulled Junk out from his vacation. We beat them in a rematch and it was very satisfying. Saved the match.

adamy

Banned
Nothing was worse as a Lucio main that another Lucio dancing on the payload while you're team ignored it. Can only boop then wait 4 seconds to boop again.

I remember one game in comp where two GMs, one on genji and the other on pharah couldn't kill me on King Row above the point. Managed to contest the point there when my team got wiped twice but they took it in overtime but we still won since they didn't get far after. Stalled there for about two minutes. Teammates were resigned to losing the point the first time then slowly realised before screaming encouragement down the mic. Was so hype.

90% win rate damn. I only had a 70% win rate :(

Actually did the math and out of 20 something last games I'm around 80%

And I'm not even a great lucio as you can see by my stats. top 1% def assists and top 3-10% in objective time and objective kills lately but other stuff could use work

Edit: also yeah if I run into another similar skilled lucio I'll usually just ignore them and have my team handle him. Lucio vs lucio is a battle that has no winners

It's more like "why is there an off season where I have to play QP."

Note that I pretty much don't say anything about QP until now because I just don't play it.

Like I won today with no healers against a comp with double healers and I had the highest healing as soldier. Shit's funny at some point but eh, honestly.

Off-season rank is also kinda bad because like QP solo people just don't care as much. Which is fine I guess. Can't wait for ranked to be back though.

Last night in a six-stack we lost in QP to a group of six solo queuers with no healer and only DPS (maybe one tank). That shit was ridiculous and about what I expect out of QP whenever I play it.

Jellie

Actually did the math and out of 20 something last games I'm around 80%

And I'm not even a great lucio as you can see by my stats. top 1% def assists and top 3-10% in objective time and objective kills lately but other stuff could use work

Here's my career average for QP.
Shameful offensive assists since I only learned it's value during season 1 and I play a load of him before comp even came out. In my season 3 comp stats my offensive assists is double the top 1% but my defensive assists is bottom 1% :(
Played so much Lucio that even though I moved to PC around September I'm still 502 lol. Played 3 months ago with some gaffers before I did my s3 placements for old times sake so it says 3 months ago and not 5.

adamy

Banned
Here's my career average for QP.

Shameful offensive assists since I only learned it's value during season 1 and I play a load of him before comp even came out. In my season 3 comp stats my offensive assists is double the top 1% but my defensive assists is bottom 1% :(
Played so much Lucio that even though I moved to PC around September I'm still 502 lol. Played 3 months ago with some gaffers before I did my s3 placements for old times sake so it says 3 months ago and not 5.

bro I'm too lazy to breakdown and compare my recent stats to your career stats but plz tell me how I get my on fire average time as high as yours.

my stats aren't terrible but I can't understand why my on fire time is so low

Paltheos

I've been holding onto 3k since Season 2 cuz I dunno who to give it to. I'll probably settle on Zen for the golden balls.

Can confirm the golden balls are awesome. On Ifrit and Djinn, the blue and red underlays even peak through the gold. Or you can go Nutcracker for golden nuts. Personally, I'm sticking with Sanzang (if just because it's the best Zen outfit imo).

I got my second gold weapon at season end. It's a pretty popular choice, but I went with Rein's hammer. Looks amazing with Balderich.

ISOM

Overwatch QP is ruined with all these gold-weapon super-pro elites stomping everyone. Start Season 4 soon please so I can go back to enjoying the game again.

Man, I got stomped so hard by a golden gun Widowmaker yesterday. You legit couldn't even peak her.

Jellie

bro I'm too lazy to breakdown and compare my recent stats to your career stats but plz tell me how I get my on fire time as high as yours.

my stats aren't terrible but I can't understand why my on fire time is so low

I don't even remember. Probably harder to get on fire since the nerfs to Lucio I guess. A lot of it is just contesting on Lijiang I think. One game in comp I had something stupid like 17 minutes objective time with 90% time on fire just from contesting forever. It was a 3 round game that went on for 30 mins. Once you get on fire and are on the objective you can't really lose being on fire since you get back the same you lose. Just stay on the objective.

LiK

Can confirm the golden balls are awesome. On Ifrit and Djinn, the blue and red underlays even peak through the gold. Or you can go Nutcracker for golden nuts. Personally, I'm sticking with Sanzang (if just because it's the best Zen outfit imo).

I got my second gold weapon at season end. It's a pretty popular choice, but I went with Rein's hammer. Looks amazing with Balderich.

My first gold weapon was for Junk since he was my main in S1. In S2, D.va was my main but now that she's been nerfed, not sure I wanna give it to her anymore. So I'll settle for Zen since I've been enjoying playing as him in QP.

adamy

Banned
I don't even remember. Probably harder to get on fire since the nerfs to Lucio I guess. A lot of it is just contesting on Lijiang I think. One game in comp I had something stupid like 17 minutes objective time with 90% time on fire just from contesting forever. It was a 3 round game that went on for 30 mins. Once you get on fire and are on the objective you can't really lose being on fire since you get back the same you lose. Just stay on the objective.

I didn't play lucio pre nerf

What changes have happened since day one? Was it just the 10% reduction in pump it up healing?

Jellie

I didn't play lucio pre nerf

What changes have happened since day one? Was it just the 10% reduction in pump it up healing?

The healing and the speed boost nerf since launch. He had damage nerf in the beta but I didn't play him in it and those stats don't count anyway since its the beta.

adamy

Banned
The healing and the speed boost nerf since launch. He had damage nerf in the beta but I didn't play him in it and those stats don't count anyway since its the beta.

He's had a speed boost nerf...? It used to be even better? lol what changed, its currently ridiculous

My first gold weapon was for Junk since he was my main in S1. In S2, D.va was my main but now that she's been nerfed, not sure I wanna give it to her anymore. So I'll settle for Zen since I've been enjoying playing as him in QP.

My first gold weapon was for Junkrat too. Won't have enough for another until season 4 end (probably) but I'm torn between getting a gold Lucio or a gold 76 since I play them the most in competitive.

It got reduced from 100% to 70% I think. I miss it. It was so fun back in the zen death ball meta.

Yeah, sometimes I forget that his amped speed used to be 50% better. That was completely obnoxious. Nerfing that made a couple of heroes more viable (mostly Mei), but before it was impossible to set up a defense against it.

Jellie

Yeah, sometimes I forget that his amped speed used to be 50% better. That was completely obnoxious. Nerfing that made a couple of heroes more viable (mostly Mei), but before it was impossible to set up a defense against it.

I feel like looking at some zen meta pro gameplay now. How far back was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom