• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
No idea what the PC situation is, but Bastion seems utterly broken on console. A good player with him, can run the entire match on Payload. Especially coupled with a good Bastion / D.Va to soak up damage for him

I haven't played because I'm waiting for them to unfuck D.Va.

But yeah, nothing I heard about this bastion meta feels right to be. It's kind of ridiculous that he got like 4 serious buffs in one patch like he did. I know they wanted to make him useful, but...like, why can't blizzard work in increments, jeez

Ok I see what people are saying about bastion. I tried soldier and Zarya to take him down and got bodied when reloading. When Mercy's riding his ass hard you can't do enough damage solo to take him out. I'm almost at diamond though, just two more wins :D

Anne

Tracer is really good against Bastion post nerf.

I def don't think the thing is OP atm, he is far from being figured out at all.

Jellie

I really hope Orisa's release doesn't end up railroading comps into Rein + Orisa.
Sombra is the counter to barrier watch. Seen some good sombras lately.

Saw a theory that doomfist will be have a knock back ability since zarya bubbles got changed to not block melee knock back and orisa who is meant to fight doomfist has anti knock back ability. Makes sense.

Anne

After reading that D.Va thread I think they need to rename the tank class or something. People don't understand how that shit works :T

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The dva player from runaway actually did a super cool play yesterday where he protected the Lucio constantly from tracer with dm.

She can still be good as a, and this is going to shock people, as an actual tank. People are too used to play her as a mass of hp dashing in the middle of a group shooting people.

KillGore

Man, fuck Bastion. Had a match yesterday where the whole enemy team was just protecting him. He destroyed us. Even Mercy's ult was used just to revive him.

Map was Nepal (PS4)

Guys, welcome to BastionWatch

Edit: Earlier in this thread I asked why Bastion gets switched out of sentry mode by Rein and Hog but not Winston (ult) not Lucio (boop). They told me only stuns could take him out of sentry mode, so why doesn't McCree's flashbang do the same? That's a stun, no?

Skii

After reading that D.Va thread I think they need to rename the tank class or something. People don't understand how that shit works :T

One of the highest rated posts on that thread is saying that her 400 armor was never a problem lmao.

DVa was my second most used character in season 3 but even I knew I was abusing the fuck out of no one being able to kill her 1v1. You could just dive healers like a flanker would and come out fine. It was insane how bad you could be but still win team fights with DVa.

I agree that DVa right now is balanced and people just need to learn how to play her like an off tank. I bet these same people would want Zarya to get buffed because she can't all in like pre-nerf DVa could.

Danj

So I just did my Season 4 placements and streamed the whole thing, I went 9-1 and got placed at 1459, which is better than where I started last season.

Unfortunately OBS crashed a few minutes before the end so there's a couple minutes missing but other than that it's all there. 4 hours!

EDIT: Now on YouTube as well.

Skii

LU2XpwE.png

Haha they're all fucking nut jobs on there. 52 pages of DVa mains losing their shit. Unreal.

Skii

Just going through that thread, some of the highest rated posts insist that Genji is a counter to DVa (lmfao), Reaper countered pre-nerf DVa, Widow can currently 1v1 DVa, Reinhardt counters DVa... I just can't stop laughing. I genuinely don't understand what tier they're playing at where that happens.

Lol they've created a DVa challenge. I'm done.

Hope she stays the same. Maybe people should focus on protecting their teammates instead of going for kills.

Yeah they can't conceive that a tank is supposed to defend its healers/DPS and create space. They just DVa to be able to 1v1 everything and survive every situation because they are terrible at the game.

omg. the house i'm staying at has some terrible ping. 400+. my phone tether is actually playable LMFAO wtf. what's the average data for a match though? i have a limit.

Problem with D.Va now is people always want you to run Roadhog or Zarya instead. It's harder to play her now that the triple meta has fallen out of favor.

Antiwhippy

Which is dumb because triple tank and dva is still viable.

It's just not the be all and end all.

Though bad Dva players still irk me because they just keep diving and don't bother tanking.

I saw a ton of DVA in tournaments this week. Compared to 50% of the cast she's absolutely fine.

She's not just an easy mode soloQ bully anymore who ruined the tournament meta.

No idea what the PC situation is, but Bastion seems utterly broken on console. A good player with him, can run the entire match on Payload. Especially coupled with a good Bastion / D.Va to soak up damage for him

He's already been nerfed again (hotfix is live already). Dies in one pulse bomb as a turret.

Ironclad is now 20% and overall DR is capped at 50%.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't get why people always complain about Reinhardt and how he's too core to the game when Zarya is the exact same way and has been that way since beta

I don't get why people always complain about Reinhardt and how he's too core to the game when Zarya is the exact same way and has been that way since beta
Unlike Reinhardt they're actually willing to tweak Zarya for starters, and she's more a supplement to Reinhardt than a core facet that can replace him. It's often a case of Reinhardt + other tank(s), not otherwise.

And personally, it's getting boring af to play around him all the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unlike Reinhardt they're actually willing to tweak Zarya for starters, and she's more a supplement to Reinhardt than a core facet that can replace him. It's often a case of Reinhardt + other tank(s), not otherwise.

The way they tweak Zarya isn't the reason she's mandatory. They don't touch her barrier CD or the life saving potential of i or its completely exclusive purging ability t which is why she's just as key

DevilDog

Sorry, let me rephrase:

The problem with Overwatch is Roadhog.
Thank god Mccree is out of the meta and I don't have to deal with his stupid skilless flashbang.

The way they tweak Zarya isn't the reason she's mandatory. They don't touch her barrier CD or the life saving potential of i or its completely exclusive purging ability t which is why she's just as key
Zarya is mandatory? Each team needs 2 tanks and Rein/Road/Zarya are all extremely good.

Antiwhippy

Maybe it's just me being boring but I just kinda like what reinhardt brings to the game. Also without him it's just dive all the time.

People knock on reinhardt, but the time when winston became a higher pick than rein (during the 50% discord meta) was honestly kinda boring for me.

She's not as key though, as I said it's Reinhardt + other tank(s), Zarya is super good but she's still a supplement next to him. Saving one person with a two second barrier on an 8 second CD is a far cry from having an ever-present group barrier that starts regenerating after two seconds.

Antiwhippy

Again though really, the best way to balance him is to make different comps viable.

Like look at the last alienware monthly melee. It's like 80% winston and 20% rein.

DevilDog

She's not as key though, as I said it's Reinhardt + other tank(s), Zarya is super good but she's still a supplement next to him. Saving one person with a two second barrier on an 8 second CD is a far cry from having an ever-present group barrier that starts regenerating after two seconds.

Two things are going on here:

The maps aren't well enough made to support a reindhartless meta, unless it's KOTH where the flow of battle is centered around 3 points, so it's easy for Blizzard to build the maps around them.

Reindhart's shield, is the only thing keeping the floodgates of crap that are hidden, or not, inside overwatch. And this is for the highest competitive tier, just to be clear.

Mcrees and widowmakers don't miss, hanzo can spam arrows and scatters till he gets a bullshit kill, roadhog can just spam his hook and pharah/junkrat can spam the places that you can hide inside, making it an RNG nighmare to peek.

Skii

It's really difficult to touch Rein because he's the hero most dependant on his abilities. That's why he's the prime hack target because he's just a sitting duck without his shield and gets melted immediately. His fire strike and charge are nowhere near OP and although shatter is a very good ultimate, it still whiffs a lot of times and is quite inconsistent for the Reinhardt player.

You touch Reins shield and he becomes terrible imo. The only way to fix this is potentially Orisa who provides another option for the "anchor tank" or to create or mend a hero to break shields quickly.

Without any buffs/nerfs, maybe in a years time there would be a healthy split between Winston and Reinhardt pick rate because normal players are more competent and confident at coordinating dive attacks. Reinhardt is just a good default main tank because you just stand behind him and don't really need to pay attention to his interactions with the enemy unless you're a healer.

Two things are going on here:

The maps aren't well enough made to support a reindhartless meta, unless it's KOTH where the flow of battle is centered around 3 points, so it's easy for Blizzard to build the maps around them.

Reindhart's shield, is the only thing keeping the floodgates of crap that are hidden, or not, inside overwatch. And this is for the highest competitive tier, just to be clear.

Mcrees and widowmakers don't miss, hanzo can spam arrows and scatters till he gets a bullshit kill, roadhog can just spam his hook and pharah/junkrat can spam the places that you can hide inside, making it an RNG nighmare to peek.
In this scenario with a lack of Reinhardt, something to also consider is the lack of a defending Reinhardt as well and what that does for making advances, and the utility of the other tanks to make for sudden defensive measures. Zarya loves spam, D.Va eats it up, and Winston can still be the disruptor. CP is still choked to a point of strangulation though, but eh, the mode sucks either way.

Apathy

The issue with dva mains is that a vast majority of them, specially on the official forums, can't even admit that she was broken with 400 armor. They rally thought that she was fine and some though she was underpowered. They thought 1v2 or 1v3 was OK. They never could see how the character was what brought them victories and not their skill.

Now when she's toned down a bit, they want to keep playing her as a bully. When that fails they don't want to admit it or change play styles. I guarantee that if we were to get videos of people playing dva in comp that say she is underpowered, we would get people going hyper aggressive with no thought about what's really going on.

Last nights stream, moonmoon was playing mostly dva and doing very well.

Antiwhippy

In this scenario with a lack of Reinhardt, something to also consider is the lack of a defending Reinhardt as well and what that does for making advances, and the utility of the other tanks to make for sudden defensive measures. Zarya loves spam, D.Va eats it up, and Winston can still be the disruptor. CP is still choked to a point of strangulation though, but eh, the mode sucks either way.

Then overwatch might as well be team deathmatch really, less mobile heroes are pretty much useless, and positioning means nothing.

ISOM

Those D.Va mains are now complaining that they want Defense matrix to last longer. Yeah having an unbreakable shield that absorbs damage now last longer will be good for the game. They can get the hell out of here with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom