• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

8 placement matches played.

6 losses, 1 draw, 1 win.

Can someone explain why I'm being teamed against masters and diamonds, seems a little unfair.

Your mmr seems to be at that level so you will get paired with those people. It bodes well for when you finish your placements. You'll probably get placed somewhere between diamond and masters.

Betty

Banned
Your mmr seems to be at that level so you will get paired with those people. It bodes well for when you finish your placements. You'll probably get placed somewhere between diamond and masters.

Well that sounds good at least.

antitrop

Holy fucking hell WOW Jesus. Do you guys play with a group or just solo? I like using Zarya a lot but if the conditions aren't right I get slaughtered (solo player).
Those came from when my SR dropped way below what it was supposed to be and I was climbing back against worse players.

I'm a bad Tracer, but a decent Zarya.

Betty

Banned
Lol, I hope I'm right at least. Don't want to be giving out false hope.

So this was the end of my placement matches, worst i've done ever.

C6GnvfsWUAASDKY.jpg:large

and this is my placement rank... the best i've ever gotten...

tumblr_oeq777ZvWs1r1ukqvo2_250.gif

darklin0

Banned
I did my placements a few days ago and I placed at 2556. I am completely fine with that because I know I can climb up easily. On the same night, I go all the way to 2846 and I am very happy with the results.

Fast forward to today. I currently sitting at 2505 with a 39.47% winrate due to a huge string of loses over the last few days. I just can't seem to catch a break. :[

It is the weekend so I am hoping my luck changes and instead of having all the bad players on my team, all the bad players are on the other team. Wish me luck lads.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They need to get rid of this comp stack nonsense that ensures easy losses when some player who is clearly out of their depth is trying to get a free ride with their friend.

caesar

Banned
Holy fucking hell WOW Jesus. Do you guys play with a group or just solo? I like using Zarya a lot but if the conditions aren't right I get slaughtered (solo player).

I solo most of the time, I doubt I could get that high again. This was back when ults charged much faster and less people played tanks, so I was getting tons of pulse bomb kills.

darklin0

Banned
I feel bad for Genij one tricks. I had a game where we were down by 2(KotH), their Genji was murdering me and the other support and we could not hold the point.

I go Winston and we reverse sweep them. I ended up with 58 elims, it feels good to be a monkey sometimes.

KiraFA37

Reached 3400, flirting with masters. I'll have to up my dps and tank game since there seem to be enough supports in this SR range.

rulerk1

Lost koth game because his dude left because we altered "bad teammate". He started the match already tilted and Reyes to make everyone go attack heroes. Why does random bs have to always happen when I go on a win streak

antitrop

Eevee got matched up with Kolorblind. #1 Mercy paired with #1 Bastion, ez SR.

EDIT: They won easily and now they're gonna duo-queue, haha. Eevee is solo-queue only 99% of the time.

I can't believe it but I think I am finally (temporarily) free from my Overwatch addiction. Bastion + Soldier + Zelda has finally given me the push I need to stop playing for hours a day at the detriment of everything else.

I'm sure that will change the moment Orisa hits PS4, though. :p

antitrop

I can't believe it but I think I am finally (temporarily) free from my Overwatch addiction. Bastion + Soldier + Zelda has finally given me the push I need to stop playing for hours a day at the detriment of everything else.

Overwatch has saved me a lot of money, even considering I've bought it twice and spent quite a lot on event loot boxes.

Gorillaz

The bastion "thing" definitely made it easier for me to kick off Overwatch too. Especially now that it's the weekend and I usually have terrible luck on comp during the weekend made it even better and now that i'm finally getting my teeth into horizon it's no problem.

Thinking about saying fuck it to caring as much in S4 honestly.

Overwatch has saved me a lot of money, even considering I've bought it twice and spent quite a lot on event loot boxes.
Same. I don't even feel too bad about the lootboxes I HAVE bought because I know I've still basically had >1 hour per dollar. Which is pretty good imo.
The bastion "thing" definitely made it easier for me to kick off Overwatch too. Especially now that it's the weekend and I usually have terrible luck on comp during the weekend made it even better.
Lmao I didn't even consider weekend OW. definitely the right decision.

KiraFA37

Overwatch is costing me a lot of money, new 144hz screen, new pc, new keyboard, new headset, new mousemat. Not that I was going to buy these things anyway but they changed from general PC gaming to optimizing my Overwatch experience.

Lmao I didn't even consider weekend OW. definitely the right decision.

But weekend Overwatch is best Overwatch...

cyborg009

Banned
Apparently you can contest the payload on route 66 by hiding behind the wall of the sign. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I had 7 mecha recalls that game mann...

_Legacy_

Attempted solo queuing again today and got a 5 or 6 game win streak. Felt so good, last game netted me around 60+ SR, which I've never seen before! Streak came to an end where we had a junkrat and Mcree on attack in Numbani who didn't do shit and we couldn't cap the first point. Not even mad though because the streak was nice

I feel like a mirror image of this post.

komaruR

all along i didnt know i shoulda used the "game capture" sources in obs to capture game that is fullscreen. D:
i always used "software capture" to capture my monitor while game is set to borderless fullscreen.

rulerk1

Was on a tear as roadhog but still lost because we lacked a consistent damage dealer. Teammate tried to throw by picking attack torb but it worked out for us until last point. Girbraltor spawns are two close to the point man

aeolist

Banned
some fucking idiot hog player who was GM last season queued into my second to last placement with the most braindead idiot kid who's never gotten past 1600 SR and we got fucking wrecked on eichenwalde

this is why you don't try to boost people

Mine01

I cant stop playing overwatch. Was playing hollow knight and all I was thinking was : "Man I could be playing overwatch".

So I joned a comp match and just got called retarded for picking genji on atack.

Gotta love OW.

Gorillaz

So.....i was interested on who streams overwatch on weekends and what's it like and found this kaceytron chick. She's talking about small dock syndrome. One of the top streams too.

Is this what overwatch has become on weekends?

edit: ....I think she is on the verge of an emotional breakdown maybe?.....

aeolist

Banned
it was weird too, they were both playing supports and i didn't notice at first

then the first game after i died and spectated the mercy i saw her standing out in front of our entire team shooting her pistol at a roadhog

is that the kind of thing that actually happens in bronze games? i think that would make me seriously go insane

antitrop

So.....i was interested on who streams overwatch on weekends and what's it like and found this kaceytron chick. She's talking about small dock syndrome. One of the top streams too.

It's completely an act, she's playing a character. She doesn't play just Overwatch, she got popular playing LoL.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

she's not an overwatch streamer, she's a popular general streamer like lirik or sodapoppin

you can quickly figure out why shes popular

Gorillaz

It's completely an act, she's playing a character. She doesn't play just Overwatch, she got popular playing LoL.

she's not an overwatch streamer, she's a popular general streamer like lirik or sodapoppin

you can quickly figure out why shes popular

ahh one of those huh I was starting to wonder because when I was watching it she kept mentioning a dude named tyrone is making her dress up like that for the stream or something. Im not really big on the twitch front honestly. I was big on youtubers back in the COD4/MW2 era and this is the first time I dived back into "this" stuff again.

It seems like the big fish stick to a Monday to Friday schedule. Smart.

komaruR

lol just did a qp to test out how bad a 100ish ping is for eu server. its not too bad but definitely not as snappy as in na server for me. but then again, im already in the 50-60ms range so it just 40-50ms more lol

Apathy

it was weird too, they were both playing supports and i didn't notice at first

then the first game after i died and spectated the mercy i saw her standing out in front of our entire team shooting her pistol at a roadhog

is that the kind of thing that actually happens in bronze games? i think that would make me seriously go insane

You've never heard of a battle mercy? Not as useless as a attack sym, but close.

I accidently hit her stream once, someone said she was a sellout cause she was talking about a video she did about a new keyboard she got and then she stops the game shes in, and starts a 20 minute power point presentation on what is a shill. And I'm not kidding, it was a power point presentation she had set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom