• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant

Anyone else feel like placements are somewhat of a waste of time now? I lost like seven games and still placed within 200 points of my previous score.

antitrop

Being able to heal Mei while she's in her ice block now is great. I won a game just now as Mercy with a Mei that I probably wouldn't have before being able to do that.

Anyone else feel like placements are somewhat of a waste of time now? I lost like seven games and still placed within 200 points of my previous score.

It was like that last season, too.

Jellie

Played against Stylosa on PTR yesterday and overwatch central today. Maybe I'll run into youroverwatch tomorrow I guess.

Veelk

Banned
Aggressive Rein is super scary I{m one of those that has no idea what to do and just panic.

You basically have 2 options

1. Can you get away? If yes, do. Rein can only be aggressive close up. Far away, his attacks are relatively easy to avoid.

2. If you're in his space, he's got the advantage. Shoot and pray you take the bastard down with you.

5-0 last night, finished 6-4 after tonight. Didn't realize it was Friday so I got to play with the weekend crew.

Looks like I'm making the climb from Master this season.

I lost 4 and fell 600 points from last season. Not sure how that one works out.

Edit: Never mind, more like 400 since in my head I rounded up my season high and rounded down where I was now. I'm still mad tho.

ISOM

I've heard a lot of people drop even more than that. So for some people they are ending up at their similar rank while others are dropping hundreds of points.

LAM09

They are. You'll always be placed near where you finished the previous season. Winning all 10 placement matches don't mean much.

Aggressive Rein is super scary I{m one of those that has no idea what to do and just panic.
Yeah I noticed that yesterday. When you rush people with Rein with Ana healing him and Lucio speed boosting him, Rein can wreck havoc on teams. I think I'm a Rein main now. Just so satisfying to play.

Moonkid

Placed 2738, better than I expected given my poor performance in most games. Lost my final one just then but had a full team of good, chill peeps that kept it together.

FoxSpirit

Man, got rated 1050 and it's Bastion hell. I tried to play healer a few matches for placement which went terrible, switched to Soldier/Pharah and had a great time. Still dumped from my 1470SR.

New Bastion is a terror since now it's completely impossible to solo him with my main 76. Oh yeah, ignores Ana heal negation too.
New Bronze meta is Bastion pocketed by Ana. Then tank form nano boosted. Wheee, fun. You need at least 2 dedicated damage dealers giving him full attention to bring him down now, poke will do nothing.

Time to get out Roadhog I guess. My performance with Ana is just balls. Plus my team normally doesn't follow hard enough on a sleep.

Veelk

Banned
Yay, I got a developer to comment on my Orisa complaint.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753495923?page=2#post-32

Geoff Goodman said:
Rein charging into a fortified Orsisa works like two reins charging into each other, except Orisa isn't stunned afterwards.

This is the reason its working like it is, but I agree its a bit odd. I'll take a look at it.

So it looks like Rein will still be knocked down when he charges Orisa. I don't mind him being stunned, but I just think the damage is seriously off for what is supposed to be happening. Still, looks like that Fortify will indeed change how it interacts with Rein charges. I'm guessing Orisa will atleast take some damage now.

Personally, I just don't think Rein should take damage from her period since she's not doing anything, not offering any force in return. She's just acting as a wall and Rein runs into those unscathed all the time (and even if you want to make an exception because it's a character ability, then I still feel it's comparable to Mei's Icicle ability which he doesn't take damage form when he tries to run her down either). Fortify still drops 50% of the damage she'd take from Reinhard while still being free to fire her Bastion-esque machine gun into it while he's charging. I feel that should be enough. I doubt they'll do this though.

hypernima

Banned
Please stop grouping me with stacks that don't join team chat overwatch gods.
Please stop making me be the sole one pushing the payload when I'm playing DPS overwatch gods.

maomaoIYP

Played against Stylosa on PTR yesterday and overwatch central today. Maybe I'll run into youroverwatch tomorrow I guess.
Maybe if you can stand watching a 20 minute video with 18 minutes of non-information you might actually see yourself in a unit lost video.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Diamond should not be this frustrating, it's not even the enemy team it's the goddamn non-team fighting teammates.

It's unbelievable how much quitters in this game totally fuck you in ranked. I wish there were far harsher penalties for quitting

Edit- ok now I remember why I quit ranked. Despise it in this game

I think this has been the first Competitive season I've actually been able to enjoy so far.

Ever since I got kicked out of the clan I was in since before launch I've been under no pressure to keep my stats to a certain level of perfection or worry about staying within the bounds of a 500-1000 SR range of a bunch of teenagers with too much time on their hands, and now I've found a solid group that's able to get a solid win streak going without constantly spewing vitriol and salt over the slightest errors that deviate from some MLG Pro Sik Shot (420x69) master keikaku designed by someone who is totally going to be the next Fatal1ty*.

*Despite getting himself and his "pro" strats constantly and thoroughly thrashed in ever tournament qualifier he kept signing us up for.

Gorillaz

had a legit pro genji get bodied by the other team all game long got 0-3'd but watching him getting shitted on was the most hilarious thing I've seen all night

had a legit pro genji get bodied by the other team all game long got 0-3'd but watching him getting shitted on was the most hilarious thing I've seen all night

Seriously, if there's ever a point that a hero is "retired" I'd hope it'd be Genji first on the list.

Like, shit, he's either the go-to instalock of gamethrowers (Intentional or otherwise) or an untouchable Destroyer of Worlds with no middle-ground with a skill-floor that's way too high. And that's even after all the nerfs.

I'm in a hilarious situation in ranked.

I've only ever solo match made in ranked since Season 1. Never with a team. Because of this I've gotten lots of losses and am only ranked like Bronze 1000. What's insane about this is I'm massively over qualified for my rank and get 4-5 Gold medals and 35+ kills every single match. I'm ranked so low though that teams are awful so I still get losses all the time and cannot rank up.

So I'm just sitting down here slaughtering the fuck out of everything and can't move up. It's both funny and aggravating at the same time.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Jellie

Maybe if you can stand watching a 20 minute video with 18 minutes of non-information you might actually see yourself in a unit lost video.
He got a bastion potg so maybe I'll be in a bastion video. Was on his stream though. Wasn't really impressed with him considering he was gm. Seen better master players.

caesar

Banned
I'm in a hilarious situation in ranked.

I've only ever solo match made in ranked since Season 1. Never with a team. Because of this I've gotten lots of losses and am only ranked like Bronze 1000. What's insane about this is I'm massively over qualified for my rank and get 4-5 Gold medals and 35+ kills every single match. I'm ranked so low though that teams are awful so I still get losses all the time and cannot rank up.

So I'm just sitting down here slaughtering the fuck out of everything and can't move up. It's both funny and aggravating at the same time.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Play genji vs rank 1000 players, super easy to kill the whole team.

Ellite25

After going 6-3-1 in placement I got ranked as 2086 after my previous high was in the 2700s. I averaged 27.5 eliminations to 7.6 deaths per game. Had multiple games with 3 golds. What gives?

Danj

After going 6-3-1 in placement I got ranked as 2086 after my previous high was in the 2700s. I averaged 27.5 eliminations to 7.6 deaths on average. Had multiple games with 3 golds. What gives?

Placements aren't based on number of wins or gold medals. There's some secret sauce MMR calculation that takes place, and that calculation changes every season as they tweak it.

EDIT: also, I think they're deliberately erring on the low side with placements now, so that players can have the experience of moving up from their placement rank, instead of down like it was with seasons 1 and 2.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
After going 6-3-1 in placement I got ranked as 2086 after my previous high was in the 2700s. I averaged 27.5 eliminations to 7.6 deaths on average. Had multiple games with 3 golds. What gives?

What's your SR after the last season? Your high doesn'ty matter.

Ellite25

Placements aren't based on number of wins or gold medals. There's some secret sauce MMR calculation that takes place, and that calculation changes every season as they tweak it.

EDIT: also, I think they're deliberately erring on the low side with placements now, so that players can have the experience of moving up from their placement rank, instead of down like it was with seasons 1 and 2.
Well it's having the opposite effect on me, makes me not want to play as much because it was hoping to reach diamond and now that's far as hell.

ISOM

Won a no healer game on Gibralter and the funny thing is that when I asked the Torb or Sym on my team to switch to tank since we only had a Rein, the Torb says he doesn't speak english. That has to be a new one.

This has been discussed to death now but bastion is a savage. He can carry whole games in the right hands.

Soldier 76 buff all over again.

No idea what the PC situation is, but Bastion seems utterly broken on console. A good player with him, can run the entire match on Payload. Especially coupled with a good Bastion / D.Va to soak up damage for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom