• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_2017-03-04-22-46-18.png

Always something bringing me down. I have to up my sleep game. :l

rulerk1

Why is the option to leave games even in comp? The fish will bite if they're shown bait.

Ps. Kaceytron is hilarious. Shill power point is a riot

2 wins 8 losses

Place 2740

Is it even possible to win unless you are in a stack of 4 or higher? I never win in competitive. Team comp is always shit, last game had 4 offense heroes on defense and one healer.

Just came back from 0-2 in a KOTH game with back-to-back-to-back wire-to-wire wins. We didn't even change our comp. I can't fathom how tilted that other team must be.

Backlogger

2 wins 8 losses

Place 2740

Is it even possible to win unless you are in a stack of 4 or higher? I never win in competitive. Team comp is always shit, last game had 4 offense heroes on defense and one healer.

I neeed to finish my placement matches but as a almost always solo player it's hard to get excited about comp play

Sande

Has there been discussion about Roadhog's hook not working sometimes? Happened to a friend of mine yesterday and to me today. Might've been caused by a recent patch because I've played quite a lot of Roadhog and it has never happened before.

In case it's platform specific, we're on Playstation.

They should make S76 more skill based. Any asshole can pick up the game and immediately be good with him and it sucks.
Easy heroes are healthy for a game like Overwatch. A game can die pretty fast if there isn't someone you can pick up right out of the gate and have fun.

Soldier feels overtuned, but that's another discussion entirely.

Has there been discussion about Roadhog's hook not working sometimes? Happened to a friend of mine yesterday and to me today. Might've been caused by a recent patch because I've played quite a lot of Roadhog and it has never happened before.

Hook 2.0? Change in Roadhog's hook mechanics from a month back or so that breaks the hook when geometry/LOS cuts off the view of the one you hooked.

antitrop

I was Mercy flying with a Pharah on Ilios Well, I got slept in mid-air and slowly floated directly into the pit. I could barely play after, I was laughing so hard.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Easy heroes are healthy for a game like Overwatch. A game can die pretty fast if there isn't someone you can pick up right out of the gate and have fun.

What do you mean by not working? Like it connects then snaps? If so that was part of hook 2.0, basically a line of sight check where if they break your sight in time around a corner or something it snaps the hook instead of pulling them through like it used to.

Azoor

I was Mercy flying with a Pharah on Ilios Well, I got slept in mid-air and slowly floated directly into the pit. I could barely play after, I was laughing so hard.

Nothing makes me laugh like making a flying hero sleep and fall to their death.

Sande

Hook 2.0? Change in Roadhog's hook mechanics from a month back or so that breaks the hook when geometry/LOS cuts off the view of the one you hooked.
What do you mean by not working? Like it connects then snaps? If so that was part of hook 2.0, basically a line of sight check where if they break your sight in time around a corner or something it snaps the hook instead of pulling them through like it used to.
Literally does not even start casting even though it's not on cooldown.

I take great offense at you guys mistaking me for some kinda casul.

caesar

Banned
2 wins 8 losses

Place 2740

Being in a 4 stack arguably makes it harder to win. What are you playing?

Literally does not even start casting even though it's not on cooldown.

I take great offense at you guys mistaking me for some kinda casul.
Sorry. :X

I've never had that with hook, but I have had that with things like reloading where it will cancel itself mid-animation for no reason and leave me needing to hit reload again. Likewise with things like McCree's shots where he'll seem to double shoot with a single tap. I chalk it up to latency.

randome

What do you mean by this exactly?

Like...I'm not good at this game. I'm just not. I shouldn't be able to get 23 eliminations in just a couple minutes halfway into an already started game. I enjoy using him but he seems just like any other fps character and isn't hard to master.

Apathy

Like...I'm not good at this game. I'm just not. I shouldn't be able to get 23 eliminations in just a couple minutes halfway into an already started game. I enjoy using him but he seems just like any other fps character and isn't hard to master.

The patch back in november increased his bullet damage from 17 to 20. Most people consider it too high as they didn't even try increments in between. 18 probably would have been ok or even if they did 18-19

ISOM

Not every Hero needs to be a hard to master hero.

caesar

Banned

He is hard to master, you need great aim and tracking to master him.

I don't know man, I tried playing with him the other day and couldn't kill a freaking Pharah lol. I think skill does play a factor for any character you play with.

Danj

So this was the end of my placement matches, worst i've done ever.

and this is my placement rank... the best i've ever gotten...

tumblr_oeq777ZvWs1r1ukqvo2_250.gif

Meanwhile, I got this from winning 9 and losing 1.

I understand that the placement SR is not based on wins or losses, I just wish there was more transparency about what it was based on so I could actually improve. This rating while it is higher than my initial placement for Season 3, is lower than my season high for that season.

I actually streamed all of my Season 4 placements and it's on YouTube if anyone wants to see how I played. The last couple of minutes are missing because OBS crashed but other than that it's all there.

Jellie

Meanwhile, I got this from winning 9 and losing 1.

I understand that the placement SR is not based on wins or losses, I just wish there was more transparency about what it was based on so I could actually improve. This rating while it is higher than my initial placement for Season 3, is lower than my season high for that season.

I actually streamed all of my Season 4 placements and it's on YouTube if anyone wants to see how I played. The last couple of minutes are missing because OBS crashed but other than that it's all there.
You start from your season end. Season high has nothing to do with it.

Zen Aku

Thank you for choosing Widow in CTF. You were completely useless.

I've been seeing an increase in Hanzo and Widow lately. Often even at the same time. They're always on my team too, I die a little bit inside each time.

Very rarely do I get a godlike attack widow. Hanzo is still useless though.

Lyng

I've been seeing an increase in Hanzo and Widow lately. Often even at the same time. They're always on my team too, I die a little bit inside each time.

Very rarely do I get a godlike attack widow. Hanzo is still useless though.

Hanzo is a great hero when played well.

komaruR

If that was all that was involved in the placement MMR calculation though, why wouldn't they just come out and say it?
They did in season 3 start. They said the placement is base on previous season final rank. If you haven't done any then they will try calibrate you.
If I recall some ppl threw their 10 placement in season 3 start and still only ranked like 300-400 SR lower than their previous final rank.

Jellie

If that was all that was involved in the placement MMR calculation though, why wouldn't they just come out and say it?
They take it as a start point then you move based on placements. So if you get 10 wins at 1000 you won't shoot up to Diamond and if you lost 10 from 4k you won't fall down to silver. You generally end up 200-400 above or below season end I think.

Anne

AFAIK placements actually effect your SR gain/loss far more significantly than the SR you are placed at. If you go 10-0 in placements you might end up around the same SR as your last season end, but the bonus SR you get can be like 100+ a match. If you go 0-10 you'll just end up a bit lower, but you lose SR faster and won't be able to climb as quickly.

Zen Aku

Playing against a Mei, Bastion, Torb, Symmetra, Ana/Mercy, Reinhardt on a choke point map like Eichenwald is frustrating as hell.

Literally death before you can even make it inside.

ISOM

Playing against a Mei, Bastion, Torb, Symmetra, Ana/Mercy, Reinhardt on a choke point map like Eichenwald is frustrating as hell.

Literally death before you can even make it inside.

Lol I played against that exact same comp the other day. I was like jesus this is going to be cancer. Half way through I switched to Tracer though so that I could cause some havoc/divert attention in their backline. It worked and we got the first point. Sometimes against those type of comps you gotta pick flankers.

Zen Aku

Lol I played against that exact same comp the other day. I was like jesus this is going to be cancer. Half way through I switched to Tracer though so that I could cause some havoc/divert attention in their backline. It worked and we got the first point. Sometimes against those type of comps you gotta pick flankers.

Yeah, I'm not good enough as a flanker unless you count Winston. Even then my idiot teammates just keep playing Roadhog trying to hook a Bastion all the way in the back, Soldier who aim for the Ana more than the Bastion or Mei (Bastion being pocket by Ana or Mercy is hell) or that terrible Pharah who is somehow dying to Symmetra over and over again.

All we had to do was just go Winston, DVA, Zarya, Soldier/Reaper, Ana and Lucio and just do a full fast push, target Mei, Bastion and Ana first.

But everyone is too busy going in one by one or pussy footing around the gate.

We ended up with 2 kills for gold. That's how pathetic it was.

MartyStu

Got my first Quintuple + 1 (Had to hunt down their hog seperately) POTG with Ana today. In Overtime. With less than a meter left on the cart.

Zarya did most of the work, but I am still taking credit.

LiK

What are you playing on? Console or PC?

Console

One guy was Torb was both attack and defense in German map and did shit at kills.

Another guy was Sombra, then switched to Widow and finally Torb on attack in Route 66.

People just choosing fuck all playing like QP.

Anne

This clip ended up on Reddit and is a bit of a nice thing https://clips.twitch.tv/InnocentBelovedSwordM4xHeh

This is like super obvious, but people just don't think about it mid game. I don't see a lot of people reacting well enough to this stuff at the very least.

Once you get pretty good though you can do really sick baits or use telegraphing to get people to react in favorable ways. My favorite with Zarya is nade jumping into an enemy team and watching them just fucking scatter when I'm only at like 80% of an ult.

There's a bit more to this, especially when Lucio is involved, but it's just one of those abstract skills to learn and think about. If you have the ability to be aware of what people wan to do you can get away with anything. I kind of took it for granted until I started playing Roadhog likely and was just like yomi hooking Tracer out of blink > blink > ult patterns.

Console

One guy was Torb was both attack and defense in German map and did shit at kills.

Another guy was Sombra, then switched to Widow and finally Torb on attack in Route 66.

People just choosing fuck all playing like QP.
I figured, what I noticed at the start of this season is a lot of "no stars" in competitive playing hanzo, torb, and symmetra on attack and it's getting really fucking annoying.

"Could you please switch to someone besides torb? We don't need him on attack."

Torb:"Hello" "Hello" "Hello"

MKIL65

I just don't think it's possible to beat Symmetra, Torb, Bastion, Mei and etc. on Dorado and Eichenwalde. The first choke is impossible to get through.

Especially when your Mercy keeps jumping into the projectiles and get's herself killed. And then spams ''Thanks!'' over and over again.

I just don't see how Mercy mains are any better than Hanzo mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom