• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

That Zen buff is meta changing. Weaknesses or not, it means diving shield stacking will be insanely effective. I cannot understate how incredible of a buff that actually is.

Cappa

Banned
The buff is huge, but Zen also has his weaknesses. Zero movement and a big, round hitbox. Probably the easiest support to kill.
I've won so many 1 vs 1 with zen outside of tracer Genji I have no issues dealing with anyone else really .

The best are the over zealous reins who swing like mad keep missing and get stomped on lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That Zen buff is meta changing. Weaknesses or not, it means diving shield stacking will be insanely effective. I cannot understate how incredible of a buff that actually is.

So pretty much Winston + orisa/zarya?

This Winston buff is also really dumb in how overpowered it is.

Antiwhippy

Different functions though. Winston being able to reengage more often is a scary proposition.

Also can you imagine how stupid good orisa's mini graviton is with the winston jump + genji dash combo?

Alex

q49hNRl.jpg

That Zen change is nuts.

Anne

Impressions:

Ana nerfs seem pretty fair tbh. She'll probably be in more in line with Zen (as we currently know him anyways) and will be far from ass.

Junkrat: slight buff to team fighting but I don't see this changing anything significant about him.

Orisa: Dude I don't know she don't exist yet.

Sombra: Nice stuff. Not going to change much I think but it's p nice. I already have a decent opinion of her. I think these are more to get people playing her than to actually buff her. QoL changes.

Winston: He might be a lord god again. Y'all gonna learn real quick why I've said this is a really powerful change. Regardless of how much stronger he will be, meta might still not favor him. With the Zen change though, that's unlikely to be the case and you'll see lord god Winston almost every match.

Zen: lmao Season 1 let's gooooooo. Shit is mad busted.

Really pleased with the Sombra, Zen and Winston Buffs. Bummer about Ana tho. Funny enough these are the characters I use a bunch, hope these changes go live this week.

Anne

Double post, but APEX is starting: https://www.twitch.tv/ognglobal

Lunatic Hai vs Runaway first. Winner is out of quarters and into top 4 finals. Korean analysts are favoring Runaway, but Lunatic Hai is the more established team. Should be mad close.

Second match is Envy bs KD Uncia. Loser goes home.

kirblar

Different functions though. Winston being able to reengage more often is a scary proposition.

Also can you imagine how stupid good orisa's mini graviton is with the winston jump + genji dash combo?
Sombra and Winston's changes are totally aimed at killing their downtime off.

Ana deserved that nerfbat.

Wtf @ those Ana changes lmao

And you just know they'll make it out, too

Who looked at Ana and decided that survivability, not healing output, was her issue

Really going to dislike those Ana changes when I am stuck as the only counter to Pharah ;_; but it does sound like they are evening out the playing field for healer choices, please give Mercy a buff though.

ISOM

I think winston gets bubble every 8sec now damn naisuu

I always thought Winston should have gotten 4 secs off his bubble. It's just that Winston can be so scary. With this change we might see a resurgence of Reapers.

And I now think I might main Winston for a bit. :)

Anne

The more high level play develops the more clear it is that 1.7 ver of 2CP is just not competitively competent.

Anne

Casters not realising esca was saving tactvisor to counter haksal's blade feelsbadman.

Tbf he could have blown it for a cleaner fight and built it up again. I agree they were a bit hard on it cause LH were clearly wanting to keep the threat of that, but it is true Esca's positioning wasn't conservative enough for that.

I wonder what these Korean girls and that 1 Korean guy is shouting at the beginning of each match

Each time he yells he's counting down to cheering for a team. Then he does for the other team. The team with the most fangirls gets the biggest cheer :3

Antiwhippy

They've been weirdly hard on esca. Like, that fast push on route 66 was mostly whoru whiffing hard on roadhog but they just focused on esca.

TheContact

Yea especially since Winston and orisa and rein all have barriers and will be played a lot. The Ana nerf is finally happening yay now she won't be a required pick anymore

Jellie

But they don't comment how miro is losing to kaiser every single time when he's on rein.

Double standards. It's easy to bash on Esca since he's probably their weakest player. Miro is a Winston god he seems to get a pass. Like his ult just now on route 66 was just mentioned in passing that he missed it and that was it.

Shredderi

Unbelievable. Was a mercy and had a team with 4 damage dealers and they just could not get past Reinhardt. Four dps characters. They should tear throught that shield in seconds? Why do my teammates have to suck so bad today. I guess I've won too much lately and now the matchmaking forces me to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom