• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
6b8.png

I always thought Ana's damage output was a little two strong. She being able to two shot Tracer is ridiculous.

If you are getting two shotted by Ana as Tracer, you're probably doing something wrong.

On the other hand, as Ana you will literally die to every single flanker so I guess I can go back to playing Tracer/Genji in comp.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Biotic grenade's healing boost and burst healing are what makes it truly effective, so the nerf isn't as bad as it could be. It shouldn't be used for impact healing alone, outside of self-healing when necessary. The nerfs are still pretty rough, though. I guess I can take a break from Ana now that she's my most played hero by several hours. I'm a damn good Zen so I can always fall back on him.

Veelk

Banned
Well no, it will not be. It will be much, much harder.

While yes she can no longer be on Pharah/Widow duty, the nerf more than anything hampers her ability to deal with flankers.

Now Zen is probably in a better position to consistently defend himself.

She should probably be able to headshot now.

Well, I don't disagree with you, but we must have a slight semantic difference when it comes to support. She'll still be able to heal almost as well, sleep critical enemies, hamper the other team, and boost allies. That's what her job as support entails. Now, obviously, she have a harder time doing that because she'll have a much more difficult time staying alive against flankers. But it's the supports job to..well, support other characters doing their jobs, and their job entails protecting their support character.

So, sure, I can agree that Zenyatta is probably going to be the most DPSing support character now and Ana's pick rate will probably drop a bit. But her abilities as a support character as so valuable, she'll probably still get plenty of usage, it's just that other ally characters will actually have to pay attention and protect her instead of just relying on her protecting herself.

And that's just fine. The metric for support character's viability shouldn't be how well can they stand on their own, but how well they can support others. In that role, she will be almost as effective as she is now. Provided she stays alive to do it.

Kito

So now the Ana / sniper mains, who refuse to play Lucio or Mercy, are going to play Widow. Good. The healer crowd in competitive (EU Diamond) has gotten too damn big.

Zen is back.

Oh no.

At least it'll keep Pharah honest now.

So, hit plat after a few games. 8 wins total so far this season, when I took like 20 wins to hit plat last season. Improving slowly but surely.

How many wins does your SR get the boost for? I think I've played like 4 matches after calibrating and won 2 of them lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So now the Ana / sniper mains, who refuse to play Lucio or Mercy, are going to play Widow. Good. The healer crowd in competitive (EU Diamond) has gotten too damn big.

those people were never going to play anyone other than widow

Kito

To balance Ana they simply need to give her 2 guns, 1 for heal 1 for damage, and a heal/damage toggle for grenade.

Trey

Honestly Zarya's bubble never really posed a big problem to me as a Zen player. If she blew a 10s cooldown skill to remove my discord orb for 2s, it's really her loss, not mine.

Just another notch on a run of nerfs, both indirect and direct. Zarya will still be solid but it's disappointing. What's the last positive thing she got, the more accurate hit detection on her beam?

Honestly Zarya's bubble never really posed a big problem to me as a Zen player. If she blew a 10s cooldown skill to remove my discord orb for 2s, it's really her loss, not mine.

I imagine your team is shooting at her considering she has a Discord on her. Not really much of a loss.

xaosslug

"Junkrat

No longer hurts himself from his own explosions. (Effect added to current passive: Total Mayhem)"

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH

holy SHIIIIIIT, the only "buff" I've always said Junkrat needed is happening... we eating fam! T___T

Cheers @ Winston.

RIP(tire) Ana, tho.

ISOM

If you are getting two shotted by Ana as Tracer, you're probably doing something wrong.

On the other hand, as Ana you will literally die to every single flanker so I guess I can go back to playing Tracer/Genji in comp.

It didn't happen a lot but when it did it was annoying.

maomaoIYP

I imagine your team is shooting at her considering she has a Discord on her. Not really much of a loss.
When that happens I just shift discord onto someone else for 2s. Even better if that makes her blow her other bubble skill on a teammate, now she's out of skills to use and I still can discord her again.

MartyStu

Well, I don't disagree with you, but we must have a slight semantic difference when it comes to support. She'll still be able to heal almost as well, sleep critical enemies, hamper the other team, and boost allies. That's what her job as support entails. Now, obviously, she have a harder time doing that because she'll have a much more difficult time staying alive against flankers. But it's the supports job to..well, support other characters doing their jobs, which entails protecting their support character.

So, sure, I can agree that Zenyatta is probably going to be the most DPSing support character now and Ana's pick rate will probably drop a bit. But her abilities as a support character as so valuable, she'll probably still get plenty of usage, it's just that other characters will actually have to pay attention and protect her instead her protecting herself.

And that's just fine. The metric for support character's viability shouldn't be how well can they stand on their own, but how well they can support others. In that role, she will be almost as effective as she is now. Provided she stays alive to do it.

This is where we disagree. Her vulnerability to flankers effectively makes her worse at healing (which is fine by the way, she was way too good at it).

Like Zen, the fact that she had such a potent offense greatly enabled her as a support.

Let me put it this way: yes, she is going to get picked less. Not because she does less damage, but because she will die more frequently and consequently heal less frequently. Had Blizzard instead given her a severe dropoff to the damage of her rifle in addition to the grenade nerf, she would still be undisputed queen of the supports.

Trey

Honestly I don't think they're done with Ana, either. They're gonna go after her healing darts next. Either that or they're gonna revert the clip size or RoF on her rifle.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That is a huge nerf on ana and a massive buff on zen. What.

Also a massive nerf to reinhardt indirectly. This is just going to make dive more insane. Rein getting discorded through barriers and then getting shit on immediately = why have rein at all?

Honestly I don't think they're done with Ana, either. They're gonna go after her healing darts next. Either that or they're gonna revert the clip size or RoF on her rifle.

Just rework her. Give her two separate modes: Exploration mode and Stationary mode. In Exploration mode she can run around and deal damage as usual but she can't heal. In Stationary mode, she can only heal but her rifle only heals 20 health per shot, has a RoF increase of 500%, and has a 100 round clip. Wondering where her grenade went? When she ults she pulls out a belt of biotic grenades that she can spam and gains 30% damage resistance. Call it Panzer mode or something.

xaosslug

i'm skeptical the Ana, Winston, and Junkrat changes will go live or last very long if they do. Because the Junkrat & Winston changes are INSANE if you've been making them work thus far, and the Ana nerfs are just... wow.

Trey

Zen discord at 30 percent and can go through any barrier, or discord 50 percent with no barrier hack: which one you taking?

So I'm guessing the new PTR changes along with the Bastion nerf and Orisa will go live next week on PC/consoles? Or are we looking at two weeks before we see Orisa go live now that more PTR changes are being introduced?

Either way, looking forward to not having to worry about my own explosions as Junkrat!

Veelk

Banned
I'm finally playing my first placement match, since I now figure the patch isn't coming tomorrow (I'm hoping it is. Don't leave us console peasants out in the rain, bliz). Bastion is stupid. Honestly, I don't care how small a testing pool the PTR is, it's embarrassingly obvious how problematic his buffs are.

Antiwhippy

No seriously, ana nerfs aside, this zen buff is insane.

Which is fine because I was playing zen before I was playing ana, but phew boy. Have fun monkey jumping onto you with another diver and receiving 30% more damage with no way to position against it.

They only explanation I can come up with is that they're trying to introduce more mobile setups and not the entrenched style 3 tanks introduced. These changes and orisa seems to lean that way.

Also seriously, fuck tanks if this goes live. Like if you want rein out of the game this is how you do it.

No seriously, ana nerfs aside, this zen buff is insane.

Which is fine because I was playing zen before I was playing ana, but phew boy. Have fun monkey jumping onto you with another diver and receiving 30% more damage with no way to position against it.

They only explanation I can come up with is that they're trying to introduce more mobile setups and not the entrenched style 3 tanks introduced. These changes and orisa seems to lean that way.

Also seriously, fuck tanks if this goes live. Like if you want rein out of the game this is how you do it.

Doubt Rein will even be affected.

Nimby

Banned
Winston and Zen buffs will probably break the game lol

Game will go full dives then

Ana nerfs are fine honestly. She lives way too long, and still heals too much currently.

Discord going through barrier is a huge deal. This seriously greatly affects the actual utility of reinhardt.

Not saying it won't affect him at all, but I don't think his pick rate in Ranked matches will change much. In actual pro games, maybe. But even then I'm not sure. His shield uptime is just so massive compared to everyone else. Having a big moving wall is just too strong.

New over.gg World Rankings. I almost never agree with them, but I do enjoy reading them. Keep in mind that almost all their data is from Korean tournaments and only one Western tournament is used so there is definitely a bias.

Antiwhippy

Not saying it won't affect him at all, but I don't think his pick rate in Ranked matches will change much. In actual pro games, maybe. But even then I'm not sure. His shield uptime is just so massive compared to everyone else. Having a big moving wall is just too strong.

Dive comps are designed to ignore his shield as much as possible.

This change means that they can pretty much just ignore it altogether.

MartyStu

fanally, the grenade gets the nerf it deserved. I would have been happy just with that

They probably should have stopped at just that. That would have been a legitimately good change. The one they should have started with months ago.

I hope they consider the fact that Pharah has just lost another check on her potential for dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom