• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

They probably should have stopped at just that. That would have been a legitimately good change. The one they should have started with months ago.

I hope they consider the fact that Pharah has just lost another check on her potential for dominance.

Counting on a higher pick rate for Zen to counter I think.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I fully admit that 12 am on a monday night may not be the best time to play overwatch, but still, I am getting that feeling again where I am pretty sure the game is conspiring against me by pitting me constantly against teammates who are actually competent while my team does the stupidest shit I can't even explain. "Hey guys, we only have one tank, maybe we need another?" "Yeah, sure" *Switches, but then switches back literally a second later* "...why?"

This is slowly breaking me.

MartyStu

Okay, I fully admit that 12 am on a monday night may not be the best time to play overwatch, but still, I am getting that feeling again where I am pretty sure the game is conspiring against me by pitting me constantly against teammates who are actually competent while my team does the stupidest shit I can't even explain. "Hey guys, we only have one tank, maybe we need another?" "Yeah, sure" *Switches, but then switches back literally a second later* "...why?"

This is slowly breaking me.

I on the other hand have had one of my best days today. Spent most of it practicing--and dominating--with my Ana because I had finally decided to get serious and try to play comp with her.

:(

Apathy

They probably should have stopped at just that. That would have been a legitimately good change. The one they should have started with months ago.

I hope they consider the fact that Pharah has just lost another check on her potential for dominance.

Yeah, the nade nerf would have been like fineat least the opponents healers don't become useless for 4 seconds. The other stuff they nerfed was like on purpose to drop her.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I on the other hand have had one of my best days today. Practicing my Ana because I had finally decided to get serious and try to play comp with her.

If you're a good Ana you can still be the best healer in the game even with the lastest nerfs

The Ana nerfs and Zenyatta buffs are welcome and most definitely needed, its also good that it kind of indirectly gives a nice boost to DVA I think.

xaosslug

Discord going through barrier is a huge deal. This seriously greatly affects the actual utility of reinhardt.

it's a bone being thrown in lieu of consideration of nerfing Rein in any way. IMO, it won't do anything because as long as the only thing that can go through his shield is Hanzie's dragons & Symm's death balls it's whatever.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Holy cow those are some profound buffs for Winston and Zen. They're two of my mains, but even I think these changes are probably too much? Good Winstons are going to be unkillable. I do wonder if it'll be enough to convince anyone to actually use him though, there's only like 200 ranked Winstons on Overbuff this season.

Also a massive nerf to reinhardt indirectly.

Yeah Rein is the biggest loser here, along with Ana. His ability to set the location of a fight is seriously diminished if him and anyone behind him is vulnerable to a discord and dive at any second.

Veelk

Banned
I on the other hand have had one of my best days today. Spent most of it practicing--and dominating--with my Ana because I had finally decided to get serious and try to play comp with her.

I think I'm just going to have to find PS4 gaf players who are willing to play with me.

I soloed more or less all of the last 3 seasons because I generally got a mixed bag. Sometimes I'd have a shitty team, sometimes they'd have a shitty team, sometimes both of us would, sometimes neither.

Now, I get stomped day after day after day because 80% of the time all the good players are on the other side. I mean, I'm not saying I'm great or anything, but I don't see what I can possibly do, just to use the match I just had now, when my team refuses to pick a single DPS character on Eichenwalde attack while the other team had the sane team comp with soldier blasting all of us away.

I'm genuinely happy that others are still enjoying the game and all. But for some reason, a couple weeks back, Overwatch just decided it hates me. I don't know why.

Trey

it's a bone being thrown in lieu of consideration of nerfing Rein in any way. IMO, it won't do anything because as long as the only thing that can go through his shield is Hanzie's dragons & Symm's death balls it's whatever.

Dive meta is back, baby.

The Ana nerfs and Zenyatta buffs are welcome and most definitely needed, its also good that it kind of indirectly gives a nice boost to DVA I think.

I know I generally disagree with everything on principle, but I really don't know how any of this boosts D.Va. I'm sure Soldier will still be picked plenty. Considering he is already picked 5x more than any other DPS and if Pharah enters as a defining piece of the meta I can guarantee you'll see Zarya and him.

But I miss playing D.Va in comp so I hope I'm wrong this time.

Mutant

Oh boy. Orb of discord the Rein, McCree tosses flashbang above his shield to stun him, fan the hammer + everything else your team throws at him in that second.

Nimby

Banned
Dive has been back. A good team versatile on dive comp can run it 100%. Rogue ran nothing other than dive at the AMM, and mostly solo-tanking Winston at that. Discord buff swings it way in the other ballpark.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Winston and genji can directly attack him in a dive and basically ignore his shield entirely. Jump + dash + lightning cleave deals plenty of damage and does not care about shield at all.

Guess which of those 2 got a massive buff along of discord buff and also have great synergy with zenyetta?

Mind you this is bigger against the squishies that need rein for cover because fuck them, they are now 100% dead. And if rein can't provide that protection what is he good for?

Dude Dva gets fucked by discord. She gets no protection from it and now she extra gets no protection because she can't just hide behind shield.

Dude Dva gets fucked by discord. She gets no protection from it and now she extra gets no protection because she can't just hide behind shield.

I was thinking that her matrix would get far more useful as a result, that and she will get far more effective at diving and even moreso in countering them as well.

I guess we shall see.

Antiwhippy

I was thinking that her matrix would get far more useful as a result, that and she will get far more effective at diving and even moreso in countering them as well.

I guess we shall see.

Like it's hard for me to tell now. I remember when zen was a dominant part of the meta, DVa basically melted and zarya's ability to cleanse discord was way too valuable, but apparently zarya can't cleanse it anymore? I still need confirmation on that but if that's how it rolls out, man. I dunno about the zarya thing though, but if she can still cleanse she would be too valuable to not have. Again.

Biotic Rifle
Damage decreased from 80 to 60

Biotic Grenade
Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50

Why you gonna do man dirty like this Blizzard.

Blizzard watching too many RyujeHong clips RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

xaosslug

Winston and genji can directly attack him in a dive and basically ignore his shield entirely. Jump + dash + lightning cleave deals plenty of damage and does not care about shield at all.

Guess which of those 2 got a massive buff along of discord buff and also have great synergy with zenyetta?

Mind you this is bigger against the squishies that need rein for cover because fuck them, they are now 100% dead. And if rein can't provide that protection what is he good for?.

IDK, it just screams "hey, look over here and ignore all that over there!" something devs can tout as "another drawback of using Rein!" that's largely irrelevant in a real world gameplay sense... I mean if Genji/Winston are getting behind your Rein's shield and fucking his shit up then he would have been fucked regardless.

sure this will up Zen's pick rate, but it won't do anything to impact Rein's in any meaningful way, especially if he's got a competent Roadhog/Zarya by his side.

Antiwhippy

I feel like I've explained a lot about why this is a huge deal and your just going "eh, no" with not much explanation. He might not be fucked regardless previously because he doesn't get 30% more damage dealt to him and he can rely on ana to spam heal him. Now none of the are true.

And i play quite a bit of Zen. He's the one character I've bought golden weapons for so far. I'm not going to say I'm amazing with him because I'm just not in general but even at my lowly level i can appreciate how huge this is for him.

I'm kind of freaking out more about this than the bastion changes if I'm being honest. Mostly because i love playing Zen.

And also Bastion gets extra fucked now.

I remember people saying they would never touch Ana's dmg tho feelsbadman.
I can already tell I'm gonna be much more uneasy going into 1v1s

Still it's 1 more hit for 200hp's.

Edit:
I used to main Zen on console so I guess I'll move to him more or play more off tanks

Antiwhippy

I dunno, I actually think the ana nerfs (other than weapon dmg, that one I'm not quite liking) are kinda totally alright if the zen buff does not go through. I think it's to mitigate the fact that she can be too effective as a single healer and she can outright outduel most flankers.Sleepdart and antiheal are still really strong against flankers, but if zen can now freely discord her wherever than gg.

ISOM

I'd be fine with not nerfing Ana as long as Zen keeps his discord through shields. It's that great for Zen players.

Anne

Real talk I think Ana will be "fine" but Zen will be a monster so you won't pick her over him. Hidan was in our game and he just said "RIP Ana, let's go Zen" when we talked about it.

The Zen orb through shields thing is borderline OP but at the same time we need shit to deal with barriers.

Antiwhippy

Like really, I feel this is crazier than the DVA 400 armour 200HP buff. Crazier than the bastion buff even. Maybe even crazier than when they gave zen 200HP along with 50% discord.

Well, maybe not the last one. Close though.

The omnic crisis was not the bastion buffs. It was the zen buffs all along.

maomaoIYP

I am so glad I held off buying Ana's golden weapon.
Time to pick up golden balls instead. My Zen is much better than Ana, but I have much more fun with Ana. At least not anymore I guess.

Cappa

Banned
Wow that zen buff. I improved so much with him last season a big reason why I climbed so much solo Qing. Hope it makes it live.

Like really, I feel this is crazier than the DVA 400 armour 200HP buff. Crazier than the bastion buff even. Maybe even crazier than when they gave zen 200HP along with 50% discord.

f52.png

holysan

The buff is huge, but Zen also has his weaknesses. Zero movement and a big, round hitbox. Probably the easiest support to kill.

Antiwhippy

The buff is huge, but Zen also has his weaknesses. Zero movement and a big, round hitbox. Probably the easiest support to kill.

Though outside of ana he's still one of the better support duelist. If you're good you can even the odds pretty well.

Some of the better zens might as well be dps. I've had days where I'm pretty much the dps as zen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom