• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yes blizzard DESTROY Ana! Think the nerf might be slightly heavy handed but I hope this creates more diversity in picks.

I mean you're just replacing one thing with another with this patch. Because if the zen changes go through you're not going to see him being swapped off.

How do you like not being able to hide from receiving 30% more damage.

Shredderi

Just checked out the patch notes. As a Winston main that makes me happy in a world where so many characters have been buffed, meaning Winston was worse for every buff someone else got while remaining the same. But that Ana nerf. Might as well retire her altogether from the game I guess. Roll in a new healer instead because I ain't touching the grandma again when I was just starting to use her a lot.

Anne

No booth can contain Runner's hype

runner.gif

What's the other quater final matches coming up or is there a link to see it?

All the matches are on the TL wiki: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/overwatch/Overwatch_APEX/Season_2

Antiwhippy

No lie, that was the most annoyed I've been by casting for awhile now. So many bad reads on the macro play of the game.

Vitanimus

I mean you're just replacing one thing with another with this patch. Because if the zen changes go through you're not going to see him being swapped off.

How do you like not being able to hide from receiving 30% more damage.

I'm really perched on how the Zen changes affect picks of Rein and Orisa. It seems that Blizzard introduced Orisa as a counterpart to Rein yet Blizzard wants to reduce the reliance of barriers in the game.

Anne

I'm really perched on how the Zen changes affect picks of Rein and Orisa. It seems that Blizzard introduced Orisa as a counterpart to Rein yet Blizzard wants to reduce the reliance of barriers in the game.

It's because the barrier mechanic in general is the most "unbalanced" thing in the game right now. They want to introduce more because it's a good and interesting mechanic for the game, but they are struggling to introduce ways to deal with it. The Zen thing is an attempt to target that mechanic.

Anne

Oh it's a second group stage? Looks weird. Matches in B TBD. Is it 2 matches and the winners play each other and the losers play each other. Loser of the winner match up plays the winner of the losers match?

It's a double elim bracket:

Meta Athena vs AFB

KDP vs LWB

Winner vs winners
loser vs losers
winner of losers match vs losers of winners match

lose twice and you're out, 2 remaining teams go to finals.

Sande

I don't get Blizzard.

Why do they first implement a very minor tweak to Ana and then murder her a few weeks later? It's bizarre.

Also, maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't think the Zenyatta buff is as substantial as people make it out to be. It helps, sure, but it's not like Reinhardt is suddenly fucked when you can have the orb sitting on him instead of putting it on him the instant his barrier goes down.

Yager

Banned
Does anyone play on XB1? I know Yager does.

Added you the other day. I usually play with a couple of friends (we ge into party chat), but keep in mind none of them talks in English, but I can be the translator lol.

Anyway, later in the afternoon I'll probably play a bit since I've already got my placement. If you wanna join feel free. If you prefer to play without people bitching in Spanish, we can play this friday around 16. Or just tell me something if you see me online (most of the time I just turn on the console and jump straight to the game without looking who's online).

Anne

Also, maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't think the Zenyatta buff is as substantial as people make it out to be. It helps, sure, but it's not like Reinhardt is suddenly fucked when you can have the orb sitting on him instead of putting it on him the instant his barrier goes down.

You don't put it on Rein. You put it on the thing behind Rein and Winston + Genji just go delete it instantly.

The Pharah salt is going to be even more unbearable at lower levels now that Ana needs to tag her with four shots even if she's not being pocketed.

I don't get Blizzard.

Why do they first implement a very minor tweak to Ana and then murder her a few weeks later? It's bizarre.

Before:
Play shield game
Break shield
Then use discord.

After:
Shoot discord.
Jump with winston/tracer/genji

NeoRaider

Lmao Runner

Not live yet is it? They said early morning in the US so maybe in a couple of hours?

Oh i thought that it's already released. Thanks.

I don't get Blizzard.

Ikr? They also said that they won't change Ana much anymore, after that minor nerf, and that they think that she is in good place as she is. And then few weeks later... boom! It really is bizarre. Some of the decisions they make and how they say something but then do completely opposite... it's weird.

Anne

Ikr? They also said that they won't change Ana much anymore, after that minor nerf, and that they think that she is in good place as she is. And then few weeks later... boom! It really is bizarre. Some of the decisions they make and how they say something than do completely opposite... it's weird.

Ish. They thought Ana was in a pretty good spot. The higher end and pro pickrates were still exploding though. It was clear she wasn't in as good a spot as they thought. Now they are nerfing her in a way that makes sense to most people. I don't see that being weird at all.

Anne

Right now both tank comps and dive comps are viable. If the PTR changes go live, expect dive comp to be played more.

Ish. Most of these changes aren't aimed at pro play this time around honestly, they are aimed at ladder. Dive comps on ladder just are picked far less frequently and do way worse :T

The goal is to make it more appealing for your online ladder players without making it busted for pro play. I'm not convinced dive will be the only comp in town if all this goes live, but the Zen change in particular is extremely frightening.

Jellie

Ish. Most of these changes aren't aimed at pro play this time around honestly, they are aimed at ladder. Dive comps on ladder just are picked far less frequently and do way worse :T

The goal is to make it more appealing for your online ladder players without making it busted for pro play. I'm not convinced dive will be the only comp in town if all this goes live, but the Zen change in particular is extremely frightening.

Haven't played any ranked this season so can't comment on that. Changes will probably push dive comp more in ladder compared to last season at least. Seen a lot of dive comp in quick play though when playing with gaffers but that might just be because people like to DPS and its QP :/

LiK

I am sick of Widows in both Comp and QP. She's pretty fucking powerful even on console now. Constantly being one shot in the head as Soldier or Tracer even when I'm running around and blinking like a madman was infuriating. Widows don't need to be touched at all. The charged shot triggers me so much.

Antiwhippy

That was such a weird push. They keep sticking behind to leave their rein stranded constantly and just basically wasted time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
who's going to inform rein about ana's death

widow pov during tournaments is the most boring pov. id rahter watch fucking torb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom