• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkay

Idk if this has been discussed yet since I haven't had much time lately to keep up with this thread, but:

Will Ana nerfs mean Pharah/Pharmercy gets a lot stronger? Ana is one of the best answers to her and now instead of 3 shots to kill, it'll take 4.

Also RIP Ana to flankers if you miss the dart now

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like really, ana being nerfed isn't the worst for me because i love zen, it's that i feel Overwatch currently is at its most varied state and this change for zen is going to break a lot of shit. And that's not accountng Winston's major buff.

I don't mind her healing going down its that dmg that really hurts.
Like was anyone crying
"ANA LANDED 3SHOTS ON ME OMG"
seems overkill but oh well

antitrop

Shoutout to the Rein last night that talked two of our teammates down from tiling at each other, encouraged me to play Mercy when I said I was willing to Ana, complimented my Rez's, and pulled us out the W.

You da real MVP

ohkay

I'm mostly worried about the self healing because grenade is part of what makes her survivability so good against flankers

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Idk if this has been discussed yet since I haven't had much time lately to keep up with this thread, but:

Will Ana nerfs mean Pharah/Pharmercy gets a lot stronger? Ana is one of the best answers to her and now instead of 3 shots to kill, it'll take 4.

Also RIP Ana to flankers if you miss the dart now
Probably will get even stronger, yes.

Yet another reason to have Zen and/or Bastion around.

Cappa

Banned
What time zone though? I play in the evenings during the week but I'm in central Europe so 6 hours ahead from est and 9 from pst.

Man, those Ana and Zen changes are crazy I agree... but that Winston buff! Holy shit, this is big. If only they had buffed the shield before the Zen buff (and possibly implementing Orisa), it'd be even more nuts. Time to dive
(more)

I really hate people that say "These guys aren't that good" as we get steamrolled by the other team.

Trying to be optimistic.

I'm all for optimism, but this isn't optimism. This is actually a poison that kills teams.

By stating "These guys aren't that good" reinforces that your team's current tactics don't need to change.

It's basically saying, we should be able to beat them without making any kind of adjustments to ourselves.

LiK

I'm all for optimism, but this isn't optimism. This is actually a poison that kills teams.

By stating "These guys aren't that good" reinforces that your team's current tactics don't need to change.

It's basically saying, we should be able to beat them without making any kind of adjustments to ourselves.

i was being sarcastic.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
surprised they still havent touched 76, pharah or reaper

especially reaper for the opposite reasons

Not sure how they would touch Pharah. If the other team has a Widow, Soldier, McCree, Ana. And she doesn't have a support watching her. She's dead. But at the same time, she can flank so easily and cause a lot of havoc. Great at separating a team.

If they buff her, I think she'll be to useful. If they nerf her, I think she'll be too easy to pick off.

But basically, she needs a dedicated Merc to be highly effective. Without it, any range unit is going to tee off on her pretty quick. As long as they pay attention a bit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
LOL @ that ana Nerf

just now reading about it.....not surprising....Blizz's way of nerfing is NERF TO THE GROUND

It's how they've always done it. Same as in WoW. Once something becomes OP and they clearly aren't sure what to do. They hit them massively and rework them up.

DarkKyo

There's nothing to be afraid of unless you're an Ana main.

I'm an Ana main. Feels bad man.
I honestly thought she was at a pretty good place before the PTR nerf(and I agree she felt overpowered a couple months ago before her previous nade nerf).

It's how they've always done it. Same as in WoW. Once something becomes OP and they clearly aren't sure what to do. They hit them massively and rework them up.

exactly

she's still the best healer with the strongest disable in the game and one of the best ults

people are going way overboard here

i disagree. that grenade nerf is massive. the rifle nerf on top makes it overboard. if it was just the rifle nerf, it would have been fine I think but the grenade nerf is so huge.

Moonkeis

These nerfs for Ana are a bit overkill but maybe because all I play is Ana in comp. I don't agree with complaints like "she shouldn't be able to take out flankers". That is what makes playing her as a support actually enjoyable. Why do I need to rely on shitty team members to protect me from a Tracer or Genji? Or a soldiers who can't take a second to shoot down a Phara?

Skii

she's still the best healer with the strongest disable in the game and one of the best ults

people are going way overboard here

The grenade nerf is pretty problematic for Ana if she gets a flanker on her. Usually the 60 HP damage and 100 HP heal would be enough to deter a Genji or force the recall by a Tracer but I can't see that happening now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The grenade nerf is pretty problematic for Ana if she gets a flanker on her. Usually the 60 HP damage and 100 HP heal would be enough to deter a Genji or force the recall by a Tracer but I can't see that happening now.

almost like a healer is supposed ot get countered by flankers and she shouldn't have been able to solo them in the first place

aeolist

Banned
ok so that just means she actually has counters now instead of being able to 1v1 literally anyone and win. zen, mercy, and lucio all have issues with genji/tracer and i don't see why ana shouldn't too.

Pooya

wow, they balanced Ana after 8 months? that's even faster than roadhog getting fixed after 1+ year. We're getting there!

aeolist

Banned
These nerfs for Ana are a bit overkill but maybe because all I play is Ana in comp. I don't agree with complaints like "she shouldn't be able to take out flankers". That is what makes playing her as a support actually enjoyable. Why do I need to rely on shitty team members to protect me from a Tracer or Genji? Or a soldiers who can't take a second to shoot down a Phara?

it's a team game and supports shouldn't be able to solo a DPS coming at them unless they can massively outplay them

if your teammates are all shitty play something self-sufficient like hog or soldier and just try to ride it out

Vitanimus

3swYbdk.gif

exYle

Usually "these guys aren't that good" is followed up with "we just aren't grouping up/playing smart/using ults effectively/something else." It's an observation of mechanical skill vs effective teamplay and, specifically, the strength of the latter over the former.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
was chasing a 10% hp mercy through the little gazebo in dorado. she got full helaed by ana as we circled the gazebo in seconds

good. fuck grandma.

aeolist

Banned
wow, they balanced Ana after 8 months? that's even faster than roadhog getting fixed after 1+ year. We're getting there!

hog was fine before they started trying to fix him and kept making him stronger somehow.

even after the hook cooldown nerf he's still way too good against tanks and 1-shots mei/reaper when he couldn't originally. that's probably the biggest thing still keeping reaper out of the meta actually.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If Reaper sees changes, I'm sure it'll be wraithform or shadowstep related.

Shadowstep is such an underwhelming ability I wouldnt mind seeing it completely reworked. How slow and plodding it is is pretty funny given the WoW Shadowstep is anything but that

ZangBa

If Reaper sees changes, I'm sure it'll be wraithform or shadowstep related.

Shadowstep is such an underwhelming ability I wouldnt mind seeing it completely reworked. How slow and plodding it is is pretty funny given the WoW Shadowstep is anything but that

His teleport should be much faster. Doesn't help that it makes a lot of noise, too. Or just rework it entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom