• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

If were talking about Reaper changes I think his wraith form might need a slight boost to movement speed just to help him get out of dodge a bit easier considering how fast paced matches are these days. I can't say that doing anything else to it would be

Also, just get rid of his teleport. Its objectively useless. As a Reaper main I can safely say that some of my best matches I've ever had I never used the teleport not even once. Its far too obviously telegraphed to be of any use as a flanking tool. Not to mention, its incredibly finicky to use, as its control the weird little teleport cursor ring is horribly imprecise. At least that's what I'v found to be the case on console. I can't speak for PC. He needs something that can better get around the map that doesn't take ages to use but is still somewhat telegraphed enough to at least be punished for poor use.

I'd like to see his teleport to act like it does now but a lot faster in its animation speed. But it would be a lot more quiet, with his voice line not sound like its being shouted from the heavens. The trade off being that in the direction that he'd teleport a visible trail of black smoke/mist would lead to his destination and would linger for a short time. Allowing enemies to gauge where a reaper might be to pursue him without completely screwing over Reaper as he'll have some time to widen his distance from where his teleport landed him.

Reaper needs the teleport or his ultimate becomes too predictable.

Jellie

When you decide to become a Sombra main.
mvb5s2s.png

All down hill for me. Sorry Skii, Caeser and Devildog for the losses.

Fugu

Your sens seems fine, you just might have to mess with it a bit as you work on your aim is all. You'll need to build muscle memory for everything.

Aiming with your feet is when people will use A and D strafing to aim their shots rather than their mouse. Strafe aiming/shooting is a valid thing to do sometimes, but players tend to get into a bad habit of relying on it too much.
Perhaps is because I come from a (semi-high level) Quake background, which is a game where the outcome is determined by aim a lot of the time, but I think that telling people this is a bad habit is dangerous. The vast majority of players do this too little, not too much, and regardless of muscle memory aiming with strafe will always be the most reliable and consistent way to aim when it's an available option. You obviously need to be careful about doing it when there's also an impetus to avoid attacks but there are certain weapons (like Zarya's primary fire and anything hitscan) that benefit so greatly from using the keyboard to aim that you absolutely should do it if you can.

Having said that, you don't want to just be running parallel to your opponents all the time. At the end of the day you still need to develop good circle strafing skills to win accuracy battles.

Right. But lets look at the her competition:

Mercy - Glide away to safety
Lucio - Boop/Wallride/Self Heal/Speed Boost/Small hitbox/Ult (lol)
Zenyatta - Shields + Discord + DPS/Ult(Why you wasting your Ult bro?)
Ana - 50HP Grenade + Sleepdart

With this nerf, she cannot adequate defend herself at all. If she misses that one skill shot she is done. Mercy may actually have a better time against flankers now.

The grenade nerf was good and long overdue. The deserved rifle nerf should have been more nuanced.

I get behind enemy lines and kill mercy all the time, with ana it is way more difficult to pull it off and her dart is a guaranteed kill almost all the time, mercy doesn't have any of that going for her.

The nerf will only force people to play her in a more defensive manner, which is the way it should have been from start.

Fugu

The ability of Ana to defend herself is only one small facet of her game. The fact that she will be less able to do so is more in line with the fact that her burst healing output is still better than anyone else's and that she has a very useful ult and a lot of utility, not to mention the second best damage output of the healers.

Mercy is a character seemingly designed around her ability to provide a lot of healing when needed, and the fact that her mechanisms to address flankers are extremely limited is supposed to be balanced around the notion that characters she's supporting are rendered very difficult to kill. What room does Mercy have in a game where Ana surpasses Mercy's (largely fixed) burst output while still providing a lot more utility, damage, and the ability to frequently ameliorate flanking attempts?

I played a lot of Ana in the last couple of seasons after mostly using Mercy on support. When I switched, I really wondered what I had been doing on Mercy in the first place considering Ana can do everything she does and more.

She still has a lot more flexibility than the other healers and is far from useless; she is just no longer the best healer while also providing the most utility.

komaruR

hm, good tip. did you change your avy? lol
i always have some sort of hanzo avatar. previous was trumpzo
the ones i play they don't aim at the ground and just shoot my body. so i probably should duck.
well when they wanna scatter they will look at the group. scatter is only effective at close range. mid to far people just use regular arrows.

in all the my console ow career ive only seen a handful of hanzo that are aggressive that push point like me, even when alone lol. they all play sniping at far range and spam arrows. so you shouldn't really worry about scatter arrow that much, except if you are at some enclose area that they can do a range scatter then it just luck base. there's really nothing you can do but just try move out of the way instead of heading toward the spammed arrow's path.

anyway, i only started picking up hanzo because of junkenstein revenge that i get to practice my shots so much. thats why i really hope theres more of those pve defense type of modes.

Jellie

The price you pay for playing the most fun character in the game.
oexTA6a.gif
She really is. I can now see why people played her in comp despite everyone hating them. Also very clutch.
Your moral winrate is skyrocketing, don't worry.
Put down my sens by 0.5 and had a good session. Actually managed to have over 50% winrate this time.

Did this clutch play with her in overtime, surviving on 1hp.
Didn't even get PotG for it :(
Cos I got it in an earlier play :D

hypernima

Banned
i always have some sort of hanzo avatar. previous was trumpzo

well when they wanna scatter they will look at the group. scatter is only effective at close range. mid to far people just use regular arrows.

in all the my console ow career ive only seen a handful of hanzo that are aggressive that push point like me, even when alone lol. they all play sniping at far range and spam arrows. so you shouldn't really worry about scatter arrow that much, except if you are at some enclose area that they can do a range scatter then it just luck base. there's really nothing you can do but just try move out of the way instead of heading toward the spammed arrow's path.

anyway, i only started picking up hanzo because of junkenstein revenge that i get to practice my shots so much. thats why i really hope theres more of those pve defense type of modes.

I added you on main btw, I've been practicing shimada bros recently and it's been pretty fun playing hanzo.

komaruR

...Why didn't anyone turn around? This video is baffling.

*ninja edit* Cause a real soldier does not turn his back from the enemy he/she is facing.

most likely got tunnel visioned to the enemy in their front. happens to me and sometime i can hear and see that i got attacked from the back but was still shooting whats in front me too.

2 levels to go until I can play comp. Hopefully can do my placements today/tomorrow so I can play again with you guys again. How close are you to master Cappa?

LiK

If we play Comp together, pick your mains please. I don't want people experimenting and then we get steamrolled. :(

Mantrox

Da real MVP!

POTG almost always rewards big bursts of damage or rezes.
It really needs a rework to be more broad, like have more types of plays and show more of them at the end of the game instead of having to wait at the medal screen forever doing nothing.
Well i guess at that point it stops being a play of the game. Maybe it could be the 2 runner ups for POTG and the POTG itself. Could be nice.

Ambient80

God, I'm so glad Sombra is getting her call out volume reduced. Always baffled me how loud it was when she's supposed to be stealthy. Wish they would do the same with Reaper, as well, with his shadowstep. As it is, they are both slightly more subtle than landing a jumbo jet, or leading a giant marching band when they uncloak/shadowstep.

If we play Comp together, pick your mains please. I don't want people experimenting and then we get steamrolled. :(

No worries, I have a lot. But I want to add Zarya, Winston, Bastion, Mei and Mercy to the list, might pick them if we play together.

S76 and Tracer are my strongest picks right now, but I play a lot of Genji/Pharah/Rein/Zen/Lucio too.

I want to try playing Zarya with komaru on Hanzo so we can do some combos.

Jellie

...Why didn't anyone turn around? This video is baffling.
Well they kinda died too quickly apart from soldier. Dunno why soldier didn't. Probably thought he would die to my team if he did or got tunnel vision?
It's probably because we form a toxic stack who all go DPS lmao.
True. Most of my wins as sombra comes as when I'm by myeslf since we don't go sombra, tracer, genji while our team has to have obligatory widow and hanzo.
Oh and potg without you for once :p
Da real MVP!

POTG almost always rewards big bursts of damage or rezes.
It really needs a rework to be more broad, like have more types of plays and show more of them at the end of the game instead of having to wait at the medal screen forever doing nothing.
Well i guess at that point it stops being a play of the game. Maybe it could be the 2 runner ups for POTG and the POTG itself. Could be nice.

That would take too long and would make potg less valued though.

She really is. I can now see why people played her in comp despite everyone hating them. Also very clutch.

Put down my sens by 0.5 and had a good session. Actually managed to have over 50% winrate this time.

sombra looks fun. i haven't touched her yet but i'm afraid i will get hated for trying her out ;(

Luke_Wal

I'm new to playing Overwatch regularly... I'm not quite clear on how the free loot boxes work (PS4, if that matters). It seems like I see people saying that you get a free box for playing daily, but I only get them when I level up. I also really only play QP, because I'm not level 25; is that why?

Ambient80

I'm new to playing Overwatch regularly... I'm not quite clear on how the free loot boxes work (PS4, if that matters). It seems like I see people saying that you get a free box for playing daily, but I only get them when I level up. I also really only play QP, because I'm not level 25; is that why?

One per level, but you can earn extra boxes for winning arcade mode games every week (up to an extra 3/week). Holiday events usually give a few freebies too.

No. You get a loot box when you level up, and you also have the arcade mode (which you can play right now, level 25 requirement is only for comp) that gives you 3 loot boxes for 9 wins. Arcade resets every week.

KiraFA37

So I came back home from an average day at work, eat some dinner and catch up on the happenings and see that my Main has been hit hard with the nerfbat:
C6VAORdVMAA11QA.jpg:large

Stolen from Newtype

Jokes aside she had to be re-adjusted, I can live with the damage nerf but the direct 50% nerf to her heal nade in combination might be a tad much. I would have rather seen a 40% nerf. That being said I'll reserve my final judgement till it is live since I don't play on PTR and I'm somewhat based, still think she shall be good.

If not I'll follow Anne's advice and go back to my good old Zenyetta who was my previous main. Being able to discord through the shields will be masssive especially to get an initial on the enemy Reinhardt in Rein v Rein battles.

Jellie

sombra looks fun. i haven't touched her yet but i'm afraid i will get hated for trying her out ;(
It's all fun when your team don't think you are trolling and pick good picks too. So fun to constantly hack rein from the high ground while he can no nothing. Also when somebody tries to 1 v 1 you by a health pack you hacked.

Thanks. Only been playing her for the last 3/4 days I think and already 91% on overbuff lol. Only because nobody plays her :(

komaruR

2 levels to go until I can play comp. Hopefully can do my placements today/tomorrow so I can play again with you guys again. How close are you to master Cappa?

i havent even finish my placement on my main acc. now with orisa not coming out soon means the bastion patch wont come up until much later. such a pain to play against other bastion in console. im too old with this shit :(

LiK

i havent even finish my placement on my main acc. now with orisa not coming out soon means the bastion patch wont come up until much later. such a pain to play against other bastion in console. im too old with this shit :(

finish placements on main account so we can have a legit Comp stack.

Shouta

Well, I guess all that time I've put into Zenyatta recently is going to be handy.

The Ana nerf makes Mercy the strongest single target healer now. Amount healed over 5 seconds without abilities: Mercy (300) > Ana (240) > Zen (150) > Lucio (62.5). With abilities: Mercy (300) > Ana (290) > Lucio 180 > Zen (150)

I didn't include the effect of healing grenade because all the healers benefit from it but yeah. Prior to this nerf, Ana was the best healer 320 over 5 seconds with 100 from the grenade. Even not including the heal boost, she was pretty nuts. Ana will be a solid healer still but more in line with everyone else.

Winston bubble buff has been a long time coming, lol

It's all fun when your team don't think you are trolling and pick good picks too. So fun to constantly hack rein from the high ground while he can no nothing. Also when somebody tries to 1 v 1 you by a health pack you hacked.

So much this. Dancing around a full health pack while fighting ppl is probably the most satisfyingly fun experience.

Jellie

So much this. Dancing around a full health pack while fighting ppl is probably the most satisfyingly fun experience.

When you stall a 3 v 1 for long enough for your translocator to come off cd and you have ult ready.
My first potg with her was yesterday on Anubis B. Hacked the one below the bridge and had soldier, zarya and lucio fail to kill me. EMP them, killed them and then cleaned up on the point to cap it.

So I came back home from an average day at work, eat some dinner and catch up on the happenings and see that my Main has been hit hard with the nerfbat:

Jokes aside she had to be re-adjusted, I can live with the damage nerf but the direct 50% nerf to her heal nade in combination might be a tad much. I would have rather seen a 40% nerf. That being said I'll reserve my final judgement till it is live since I don't play on PTR and I'm somewhat based, still think she shall be good.

If not I'll follow Anne's advice and go back to my good old Zenyetta who was my previous main. Being able to discord through the shields will be masssive especially to get an initial on the enemy Reinhardt in Rein v Rein battles.

8330xgl.jpg

komaruR

finish placements on main account so we can have a legit Comp stack.

i usually play counters and if needing a tank i generally go monkey to swat weebos but bastion got no good counter except for another bastion atm. turtle bastion strats is even much more a pain to deal with :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom