• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu(e)

Btw. i got one of the achievements with Tracer. It's not that hard. But other one looks much harder to get since you need to capture all 3 flags (not your team, but you alone) and win with 3-0. :/

It says "Win Capture the Rooster with a score of 3 to 0." It doesn't specify you have to do it. I'll also go ahead and verify it because I got it while playing as Mei defending the flag.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
image4xipj9.jpg

Satch

Banned
i just picked roadhog in a real game and i felt like harbleu, i was a monster doing everything i wanted for free and getting the instakills on reaper and ana all the time

dark times are ahead, buckle up

Are peeps overreacting about DVa or nah?

I'm still having a blast with her in Quick Play and getting majority gold medals. I guess she just isn't suited well for Competetive anymore?

NeoRaider

They did D.Va wrong! I am not saying this because she is my most played hero but just being realistic. She is a fucking tank, let her feel like a tank while playing.
300/300 would have been good balance.

The only problem I have with CTF right now is the people picking the dumbest characters and refusing to push outside of the flag spawn. If you actually move and play mobile it's a pretty fun and fast mode.
Only played 5-6 games far and I'm usually guarding my flag alone as torb well my team caps for two games had a pharah helping on defence

xaosslug

I'm still having a blast with her in Quick Play and getting majority gold medals. I guess she just isn't suited well for Competetive anymore?

what's your playstyle? If you stayed w/ your group most of the time and healing is decent, it shouldn't be any big problem. But if you played her more... off the leash the dif. is staggering.

you are no longer self-reliant and must acclimate to being DEPENDANT on the rest of your team's damage + healing.

it's fucking jarring! >_<

Mendrox

Hmm played her in comp and quick play and I notice that I die faster and cant play that aggressive anymore, but her shots are way more accurate now and it feels like I get more feed back.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, now that I tried out a real game (or what qualifies as such in QP)

JE-SUS

D.Va. Mah baby. What did they do to you :(

Her tank gets torn like paper mache now.

Only played 5-6 games far and I'm usually guarding my flag alone as torb well my team caps for two games had a pharah helping on defence
There needed to be some kind of balancing or limiting on how defensive heroes like Torb and Sym worked. With both of them on defense and maybe a Bastion helping now and then, you're basically either going to win or at least guarantee a stalemate.

Jblanks

Eh the only skins that are worthwhile are Reinhardt and Roadhog. Probably won't be putting much time into this event, getting a little burnt out anyhow.

Lyng

Eh the only skins that are worthwhile are Reinhardt and Roadhog. Probably won't be putting much time into this event, getting a little burnt out anyhow.

I actually really like Mei and Tracer aswell...and for some reason I like D.Va. Not the mech, D.va herself.

BasicMath

Good strategy for CTF:

Tracer (or Sombra, but i prefer Tracer) and D.Va going together. D.Va is using her shield to protect Tracer while she is capturing the flag. And Tracer blinks back fast.
This works well.

For defense just have a mei + torb/sym turret/sentries. Just a Mei will do though.

rulerk1

played 3 matches of CTF and everyone on my team just sits back at the flag and doesnt even bother going for it. No one groups up either. Ive been going up against 6 stacks despite solo que so that might be it

Jblanks

I actually really like Mei and Tracer aswell...and for some reason I like D.Va. Not the mech, D.va herself.

DVa out of mech is good, the mech not so much. Guess people will be spending more time out of mech now anyhow, so maybe it's worthwhile to get.

Jblanks

played 3 matches of CTF and everyone on my team just sits back at the flag and doesnt even bother going for it. No one groups up either. Ive been going up against 6 stacks despite solo que so that might be it

Did you expect anything different ? People can't group up and attack on control point or KOTH point, now you're asking to communicate and not only get a flag but try and defend your's at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom