• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasicMath

Can't get in to shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Three flag games in like two hours. All draws.
My guess is that the OW crowd can't into CTF.

I've won like 4 games with a 1-0 as a mei doing the same thing: Go on attack near the end, drop a blizzard on the flag and raise a wall, capture, and win. It's so simple I was wondering if people were just spawn camping or something.

Having a dva player on my team is actually game losing now lmaoooo
She's still much better than she used to be and she wasn't all that bad before the buff. The community needs to adjust after the nerf. All the crap D.va players need to realize that they were dependent on a broken, OP hero and drop maining/picking her. Same for the hog. Give it time.

AbaFadi

Banned
I feel like people aren't talking about that enough lol

Another thing I thought would just never be addressed actually got a change.

Trying to shoot a Soldier who was crouch spamming on a biotic field was the most annoying thing ever.

xaosslug

I'm the best
image2riovr.jpg

well, f.u.

My guess is that the OW crowd can't into CTF.

I've won like 4 games with a 1-0 as a mei doing the same thing: Go on attack near the end, drop a blizzard on the flag and raise a wall, capture, and win. It's so simple I was wondering if people were just spawn camping or something.

She's still much better than she used to be and she wasn't all that bad before the buff. The community needs to adjust after the nerf. All the crap D.va players need to realize that they were dependent on a broken, OP hero and drop maining/picking her. Same for the hog. Give it time.

With such great area denial, it seems Mei and Symm would be good picks for CTF.

As for D.Va, it's like the Zarya nerfs. Good players of the character should maange fine and stand out against the sea of people who picked them just for free wins.

Lyng

played 3 matches of CTF and everyone on my team just sits back at the flag and doesnt even bother going for it. No one groups up either. Ive been going up against 6 stacks despite solo que so that might be it

ouch...just got my win in a totally "meta" setup...

I have sym, and we had a torb. We held the defence, while our D.Va, Soldier and Tracer went out and got the flags.

DevilDog

I think there is a dva glitch now, if you suicide with her mech she respawns in her pilot form? Is this only happening to me?

rulerk1

Did you expect anything different ? People can't group up and attack on control point or KOTH point, now you're asking to communicate and not only get a flag but try and defend your's at the same time.

well since this mode is found in most FPS i thought the console base would have a clue of what to do but with an Overwatch twist.

1shot meleed another Reaper in a different game and he typed in chat
Him: "So hows that hook 2.0"
Me: "its p good"
Him: "I noticed"

Lmaooo

Hog so good

Mendrox

Patch is the buggiest yet.

Arcade 3vs3
Pick Dva
Lose Mecka
Fly all over the map as pilot dva

Also got killed so hard by a Mei as Hanzo that I died a few seconds later, lost all my UI, couldn't move and all till the match was over.

Joining matches is almost impossible cause the server gets loaded by players, but all the other things oww..

dumb & distracting. IDK why they don't just make the UI like it is for tournaments, so we can better see who is and isn't dead.

I dont like it too. Nice to see what killed somebody, but the new kill feed is so shiny and distracting also looks strange

Trey

Patch is the buggiest yet.

Arcade 3vs3
Pick Dva
Lose Mecka
Fly all over the map

Also got killed so hard by a Mei as Hanzo that I died a few seconds later, lost all my UI, couldn't move and all till the match was over.

Joining matches is almost impossible cause the server gets loaded by players, but all the other things oww..

Servers are getting skullfucked.

NeoRaider

Opened 3 boxes so far and only got one skin, Mercy. I am fine with that.
Also D.Va victory pose which is nice too.

I really want D.Va skin. Symmetra, Tracer and Mei. Hog would be nice bonus too. But i feel like both Hog and Junkrat already have better skins. Mercy too.

Being able to use multiple emotes, sprays, and voice lines per match is probably my favorite thing they've added into OW that isn't gameplay related. Just spent like half an hour customizing everyone.

xaosslug

Distracting? It's way better now, you can even see when D.Vas get mech popped.

not distracting from the game(play) but distracting to the devs. It seems like something dumb nobody cared about that they feel peeps should care about? I just click to the character portrait screen to see who is and isn't dead, etc. LOL

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
not distracting from the game(play) but distracting to the devs. It seems like something dumb nobody cared about that they feel peeps should care about? I just click to the character portrait screen to see who is and isn't dead, etc. LOL

I care about it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So far earned 8 boxes

1 free
1 through XP edging to next level
Then 1 for winning CTF
3 from the 9 wins in Arcade
2 just from reaching levels through XP

All in under 2.5 hours

Got Reinhardt and Mei Epics (Rooster) so far
Got Sombra holding Sparklers as Victory pose
Got June Bug D.Va
A lot of sprays

Not bad odds this time I feel like

What no its definitely important especially in a solo q environment where people arnt making call outs.

There are times you miss sound qs so know you see easily see if Genji used his ult.
If Lucio just booped someone to their death.
If Dvas popped out of her mech and killed or just out of her mech.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Don't have time to play right now, but have a sinking feeling that the holiday CTF mode is going to be a disorganized mess similar to random CTF matches in WoW PvP. =\

Jellie

Did you expect anything different ? People can't group up and attack on control point or KOTH point, now you're asking to communicate and not only get a flag but try and defend your's at the same time.
When its coordinated its good.
I put blizzard down, we took the majority of the team out, winston did his stuff and torb set up his turret and ulted. Somebody, not sure who, probably Dva took the flag and ran while we all stayed put. Walled off their only entrance to the flag and we took it again, zarya gravitoned them so they couldn't contest and we killed them and capped. Walled them off again and we took it for the final time 3-0.

Skii

5 boxes in and I get the Dva skin. Shame I'll never use her but her current state is for the best interest of the game.

CTF is pretty bad imo. Very difficult to queue because servers are getting destroyed and the control centre is snowball central. If you cap once, that's it, you've won. Plus teams are too scared to lose so it's ending up as a draw a lot.

The best team is pretty obvious as well. Most mobile tanks/DPS and a Symmetra+Torb to protect your flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom