• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 47, 2015

Hasney

if they come tomorrow with the numbers then so be it.

picgifs-laughing-0304594.gif

This time last year we had DriveClub up 999% thanks to the BF bundles (Uncharted has work to do). DA:I an almighty bomb. Middling/poor results for Smash and LBP3. And XBone sales slightly better than PS4. By a nose some would say even.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I have a bad feeling about these games :(

Well, it's not UK, but both games are still lower than Xenoblade Chronicles X on Amazon.com, and they're going to be released tomorrow. They're out of top 100, but the actual placement is a bit less relevant than usual, due to Black Friday deals' aftermath...but they're still behind Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Still, IIRC, Just Cause 2 sold pretty well in Europe (especially UK), but never appeared in NPD Top 10s, so UK at least should be good for JC3. Maybe Bruno can add some extrapolated numbers to the matter. Don't know about Rainbow Six, though.

This time last year we had DriveClub up 999% thanks to the BF bundles (Uncharted has work to do). DA:I an almighty bomb. Middling/poor results for Smash and LBP3. And XBone sales slightly better than PS4. By a nose some would say even.

Wait, what? Is this real? I don't follow Nintendo games much but I thought Smash was big

Behlel

I think that rainbow six will pay the terrible performance of the open beta, and they deserve this. Ubi need to change the way they test games, is a shame that they can't release a single game without a single problem: Watchdog was downgraded as hell, Unity was a buggy mess nearly unplayable, Syndicate have tons of bug that can make a mission unplayable until you die or restart and now RS with all those connection problem.
As a customer I'll never buy another time an Ubi game on day one.

Asd202

I think that rainbow six will pay the terrible performance of the open beta, and they deserve this. Ubi need to change the way they test games, is a shame that they can't release a single game without a single problem: Watchdog was downgraded as hell, Unity was a buggy mess nearly unplayable, Syndicate have tons of bug that can make a mission unplayable until you die or restart and now RS with all those connection problem.
As a customer I'll never buy another time an Ubi game on day one.

Yeah Ubisoft has lost a lot in the eyes of the consumers in the past year.

Hasney

Well, 3DS games like Pokémon are still very big.
Also, on Wii U, Mario Kart 8 sold 70k first week... is this "big"?

That's why I said home console, Pokemon still does it.

When 70k is what your very biggest titles pull, I can't see that is big when we're lamenting Assassins Creed for hitting 100k or Halo for 150k.

Does put the Tomb Raider number more into perspective when it can't even touch Wii U games though.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
That's why I said home console, Pokemon still does it.

When 70k is what your very biggest titles pull, I can't see that is big when we're lamenting Assassins Creed for hitting 100k or Halo for 150k.

Does put the Tomb Raider number more into perspective when it can't even touch Wii U games though.

Well, that's because this is a massive drop compared to the others games :p also about XB1, the user base was bigger than the 360 when Halo 3 comes out, Wii U in others hands is selling lower than GC but WW MK8 has sold better than DD... Is happened even in UK?

Hasney

Wii U in others hands is selling lower than GC but WW MK8 has sold better than DD... Is happened even in UK?

Trying to find answers to that, but not sure. Wouldn't shock me if the Wii U did better than the Gamecube since it was shocking over here. XBox was selling 2.5 times better even when the Gamecube was £99.

Bruno MB

Well, it's not UK, but both games are still lower than Xenoblade Chronicles X on Amazon.com, and they're going to be released tomorrow. They're out of top 100, but the actual placement is a bit less relevant than usual, due to Black Friday deals' aftermath...but they're still behind Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Still, IIRC, Just Cause 2 sold pretty well in Europe (especially UK), but never appeared in NPD Top 10s, so UK at least should be good for JC3. Maybe Bruno can add some extrapolated numbers to the matter. Don't know about Rainbow Six, though.

Just Cause 2 debuted above Pokémon SoulSilver (48,000) and had a very strong second week hold (-21%)

Edit: It is above God of War III but below Just Dance in the March, 2010 top 10, so first week >53,000<106,000

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 sold around 130,000 units in its debut week. I can't give an exact figure because we are missing second week splits, but there is no reason to be notably different from first week.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Trying to find answers to that, but not sure. Wouldn't shock me if the Wii U did better than the Gamecube since it was shocking over here. XBox was selling 2.5 times better even when the Gamecube was £99.

I don't talk about Wii U VS GC, but Mario Kart 8 VS Mario Kart Double Dash. xD

We know Mario Kart 8 has sold better than DD so far worldwide, i was asking if is happened even in UK. :p

Hasney

I don't talk about Wii U VS GC, but Mario Kart 8 VS Mario Kart Double Dash. xD

We know Mario Kart 8 has sold better than DD so far worldwide, i was asking if is happened even in UK. :p

You were saying about the install base being higher on GC but the Wii U game selling more. Either way, I can't get reliable figures on either the consoles or Double Dash for the UK.

wotta

Seems the charts will likely be tomorrow now. Not heard anything. There is an issue somewhere which is causing the delay.

viHuGi

Banned
Seems the charts will likely be tomorrow now. Not heard anything. There is an issue somewhere which is causing the delay.

Damn would love some numbers today, Mondays are always slow over here...

Chest Day and Pal Thread always make it better...

Bruno MB

Switzerland joins the weekly Pal Charts threads, while Norwegian chart gets kicked out until we find a new source or the current one starts updating regularly.

4ImiCVS.jpg

Switzerland:
Week 47, 2015 - All Formats (Units)

01 (NE) STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
02 (02) CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
03 (01) FALLOUT 4 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
04 (03) NEED FOR SPEED (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (06) FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (07) ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE (UBISOFT)
07 (04) RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
08 (08) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
09 (NE) MARIO TENNIS: ULTRA SMASH (NINTENDO)
10 (NE) THE CREW: WILD RUN EDITION (UBISOFT)

Chris1

ASDA (Walmart) dropped out completely of Black Friday and they're the ones that brought it here in the first place so yeah, I'd be very surprised if it was up YoY.

Not sure if they had much video gaming stuff on sale last year though, all I can remember was a 360 and ps3 bundle.

Top Bottom