• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 47, 2015

Hasney

There are some crazy deals on Amazon France lately, not sure you noticed my edit above

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0185NUBHU/

Nnnnggggg

limbo-stick-desc-09.png

Must... Wait.... 5.... Days

The guy on the right is way more into it than anyone else. The woman beside him looks like she's thinking 'is this that 'fun' I've heard people talk about'.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Those are great sales. The Battlefront concurrent players thread had already concluded the game hyperbombed. LOL.
But Kev, there are only 300,000 concurrent users so it only sold 300K copies.

Just look at the concurrency numbers on this singleplayer game where the last entry had a player average of 70 hours in a month. Obviously it has the same use patterns so we can compare them 1:1.

Jumeira

Banned
Well your post makes it look like TR is a success so i don't know if it's apt. tbh.

She's holding on, more like persistence. Which this gif is used for when FH2 was charting. Great games deserve sales, but seems to bother some here. Will be used if it holds next week, so lets hope it does well.

Paganmoon

If you compare Tomb Raider week 2 to The Order, it's quite good!

VinceEar.gif

Yepp.

Week 1 RoTR ~42k X360 and Xbox One
Week 1 RoTR ~35k Xbox One only
Week 1 The Order ~39k PS4 only

Week 2 RoTR ~26k X360 and Xbox One
Week 2 RoTR ~ 22k Xbox One only (assuming same 85/15 split as week 1)
Week 2 The Order ~17k PS4 Only.

Rise of the tomb raider sold ~30% more in it's second week than The Order. That's huge!

Also that's only up untill June, should've sold another few thousand since :) probably at atleast 370k by now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Europeans have great taste. Can't wait for the order 2 brought to by high voltage games.

Also lol @ the birthday party line.

Reminds me of middle school when we used to have gym class and we had to play basketball in groups. Our team used to get annihilated because we were awful but we beat one team once so this kid on our team argued we had beaten every team the other team had beaten because of the transitive property.

If you include digital sales we were the best basketball team in the world.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm very happy that Ultra Cash Festival games are nowhere to be seen. Very good. I hope it will be the same in Germany and France.

Shin-Ra

Dude, you're ruining Bruce Forsyth for me. He's one of the few old-school British television personalities who hasn't been outed as a peadophile/molester yet. Stop turning him into nightmare fuel!
ZippyWude.gif

(this is also what's wrong with Rainbow 6 btw)

Paganmoon

Well, hmm, I could've misinterpreted Kyonashi, but I understood his "Hitchhikers guide" post to be RoTR total and not only Xbox One. Can you Verify Kyonashi?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
ITALY WEEK 46

Top 10 console
01. Fallout 4 (Bethesda, PS4)
02. Call of Duty: Black Ops III Nuketown Edition (Activision, PS4)
03. Fallout 4 (Bethesda, Xbox One)
04. FIFA 16 (EA Sports, PS4)
05. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix, Xbox One)
06. Assassin's Creed Syndicate D1 (Ubisoft, PS4)
07. Call of Duty: Black Ops III Nuketown Edition (Activision, Xbox One)
08. Need for Speed (Electronic Arts, PS4)
09. FIFA 16 (EA Sports, PS3)

Top 10 PC
01. Fallout 4 (Bethesda)
02. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void (Activision Blizzard)
03. Football Manager 2016 Limited Edition (Sega)
04. Football Manager 2016 (Sega)
05. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Collector's Edition (Activision Blizzard)
06. Call of Duty: Black Ops III Nuketown Edition (Activision)
07. Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition (Bethesda)
08. FIFA 16 (EA Sports)
09. The Sims 4 (EA)
10. Farming Simulator 2015 Gold Edition (Focus Home)

I agree the numbers aren't good but a strong hold like that gives me hope for the future at least.

The numbers on it's own aren't great but if it has good legs those numbers will start to add up over the weeks. Whether it does or not obviously remains to be seen but so far so good.

So far so good? I think it's the exact opposite of that at present but we'll see what legs do.

Imo the games only potential saving grace is its release on other platforms next year.

I wouldn't call doom and gloom on Tomb Raider just yet, even if it tanked on Xbox next year they'll probably market it like a relaunch with full fanfare and still sell a decent if not great amount. The audience is there and the game is supposedly really good.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Call of Duty comparison - Third week

From 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops (90%)
First week - 2,000,000
Second week (-85%) - 300,000
Third week (-42%) - 174,000
First three weeks - 2,474,000

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (90%)
First week - 1,970,000
Second week (-87%) - 256,100
Third week (-41%) - 151,040
First three weeks - 2,377,140

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (90%)
First week - 1,540,000
Second week (-81%) - 292,600
Third week (-35%) - 190,190
First three weeks - 2,022,790

Call of Duty: Ghosts (90%)
First week - 690,000
Second week (-76%) - 165,600
Third week (-16%) - 139,104 (Xbox One's launch)
First three weeks - 994,704

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (95%)
First week - 730,000
Second week (- 76%) - 175,200
Third week (-41%) - 103,368
First three weeks - 1,013,568

Call of Duty: Black Ops III (95%)
First week - 635,000
Second week (-57%) - 273,000
Third week (-50%) - 136,500
First three weeks - 1,044,500

Note 1: Ghosts sales were more spread out due to later launches of PS4 and Xbox One, this impacted first weeks' sales.
Note 2: Contrary to other Call of Duty games, BOIII was released on a Friday, not on a Tuesday.

Conduit

Banned
I wouldn't call doom and gloom on Tomb Raider just yet, even if it tanked on Xbox next year they'll probably market it like a relaunch with full fanfare and still sell a decent if not great amount. The audience is there and the game is supposedly really good.

They are on other platforms and it's much bigger though.

Problem is will game sell well when shows up on PC/PS4.

Paganmoon

They're going to have a hard time selling it fullprice to PS4 userbase next fall though. And next fall isn't going to be any better with regards to being stuck between releases than this year I'd assume. It's going to be tough for TR, unless they can release it during the lull of the summer, with DLC.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Call of Duty: Ghosts (90%)
First week - 690,000
Second week (-76%) - 165,600
Third week (-16%) - 139,104 (Xbox One's launch)
First three weeks - 994,704

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (95%)
First week - 730,000
Second week (- 76%) - 175,200
Third week (-41%) - 103,368
First three weeks - 1,013,568

Call of Duty: Black Ops III (95%)
First week - 635,000
Second week (-57%) - 273,000
Third week (-50%) - 136,500
First three weeks - 1,044,500

Note 1: Ghosts sales were more spread out due to later launches of PS4 and Xbox One, this impacted first weeks' sales.
Note 2: Contrary to other Call of Duty games, BOIII was released on a Friday, not on a Tuesday.

Next week ( Black Friday ) will be very interesting.

By the time this game comes out I want to play Mass Effect, Horizon, FF XV, Persona 5 etc. Won't pay more than 40€ for a game that is been out for a year.

kadotsu

Banned

I have never seen two marketing campaigns for a title that wasn't an evergreen to begin with. RotTR will launch in one of the most competitive PC lineups next year. In addition many buyers will hold off on Steam because A: the original Reboot dropped in price very fast and B: no one likes to pay full price for a late game.
On PS4 the situation seems even more dire. More time will have passed, they'll probably need to include the season pass to somewhat justify a retail price point and the lineup for Fall 2016 currently looks even more packed.

Rymuth

Garden Warfare sold poorly on PS4 and that was only a 6 months exclusivity.

Now imagine what 12 months exclusivity might bring~

Superfrog

Week 1 RoTR ~42k X360 and Xbox One
Week 1 RoTR ~35k Xbox One only

Week 2 RoTR ~26k X360 and Xbox One
Week 2 RoTR ~ 22k Xbox One only (assuming same 85/15 split as week 1)
That's an epic bomba. Absolutely disastrous.

I assume it will have some legs over the holiday season, but it won't get much better overall. What a failure in the UK (and presumably all over Europe). Really curious now to see the NPD numbers.

Top Bottom