• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alx

I went to check the Place de la République in Paris out of curiosity. It's impressive how many press trucks are there.
Anyway I like what the street artists did to a nearby wall :

It's the motto of Paris, "Tossed but not sunk".

Jeez, crazy this. No Belgium against Spain, no Germany vs. Holland... yikes.

Hopefully it's nothing @ Hannover.

Sky Sports News just mentioned "a suitcase," although it was kinda mentioned in passing, like they were unsure to even say it. I think evacuation would be an extreme for one misplaced object.

Xando

Sky Sports News just mentioned "a suitcase," although it was kinda mentioned in passing, like they were unsure to even say it. I think evacuation would be an extreme for one misplaced object.

Police hasn't said anything yet. BILD says there were suspicious people, spiegel says a suitcase but no one knows

They were just on news 15 minute ago and everyone though game goes ahead

cyba89

There was a suitcase found over an hour ago but it was reported as harmless by the police.

Has to be something else.

Police calls it a "concrete dangerous situation". And the police was very clear that people need to get away quickly.

Looks like something has been found inside the stadium.

They're getting it from social media probably, so not really trustworthy at the moment. Reading on Twitter there was a suitcase, but turned out to be a fake threat. But until the police say anything, it's unclear.

"Concrete dangerous situation" and "Do not stand still" sound like very weird statements. I hope that is just weird translation making usual police phrases sound more extreme.

Chariot

"Ladies and gentlemen, dear football friends. I am sorry, but the game was cancelled on a short notice. There is... stay calm please. There is no danger, no threat incoming or anything like that. Just go home normally."

Sounds a lot calmer than the other message you posted. Then again, maybe some idiots stayed behind and tried to watch "something". Of course the police want everyone at least to move away until everything is secured, I guess.

zsynqx

"Ladies and gentlemen, dear football friends. I am sorry, but the game was cancelled on a short notice. There is... stay calm please. There is no danger, no threat incoming or anything like that. Just go home normally."

Sounds a lot calmer than the other message you posted.

Sorry, I don't speak french. These just popped up on my feed.

Edit: I don't speak German either.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
German police told people to go home and stay home. Whole city of Hanover is under threat of attack. Scary stuff.

Posted? An article from a guy that was captured by isis for 10 month
With their news and social media interest, they will be noting everything that follows their murderous assault on Paris, and my guess is that right now the chant among them will be “We are winning”. They will be heartened by every sign of overreaction, of division, of fear, of racism, of xenophobia; they will be drawn to any examples of ugliness on social media.

Central to their world view is the belief that communities cannot live together with Muslims, and every day their antennae will be tuned towards finding supporting evidence. The pictures from Germany of people welcoming migrants will have been particularly troubling to them. Cohesion, tolerance – it is not what they want to see.
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...mbs-hostage-syria-islamic-state-paris-attacks

Any German-speakers watching the periscope stream? What is being said?

Not much of substance, really. The reporter doesn't have much information aside of the police statements.

Lots of rumors from other persons he saw on the street that (hopefully) is just crazy rumors ("terrorists seen near the stadium disguised as bus driver").

But Sigmar Gabriel just said we don't need any more/ new safety measures?

Oh wait, right....Fuck Sigmar Gabriel and our politicians. Thank god we have the BND and good police.

Sucks for the fans though.

Chariot

Die Polizei sprach nur von einer "konkreten Gefährdungslage". Nach SPIEGEL-ONLINE-Informationen war am Stadion ein Gefährder gesehen worden, daraufhin zog der Niedersächsische Innenminister Boris Pistorius die Notbremse. Der NDR zitierte Polizeipräsident Volker Kluwe, der ebenfalls von einer "konkreten Gefahrenlage für ganz Hannover" sprach.
The police only talked about a "concrete threat scenario". According to SPIEGEL-ONLINE-information an endangerer was spotted at the stadium, prompting Lower Saxony Secretary of the Interior Boris Pistorius to pull the emergency brake. The NDR quoted police president Volker Kluwe, who also spoke about a "concrete threat scenario for all of Hannover".
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...and-gegen-niederlande-abgesagt-a-1063306.html

Starfield

JuSt safety measures. Probably nothing. IF they are indes some Terrorist are running around i hope they catch them before they can flee.

Should give every other pos a nice Warning.

Chariot

JuSt safety measures. Probably nothing. IF they are indes some Terrorist are running around i hope they catch them before they can flee.

Should give every other pos a nice Warning.
Still pretty bad. The mere threat just shut down concerts, half of the public traffic and a big football game. This is what terror is about.

Kurita

False alarm next to my school this afternoon at Bibliothèque François Mitterand's subway station. Couldn't get out of our building, cops and military were there /sigh

delSai

Just heard about the stuff in Hannover. Hope everything turns out alright and it was actually nothing or something like that. Absolutely awful all of this.

this, this is gooood

b3d52eb7-0537-4ebd-a5dd-be45e7cf5144.jpg

This is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom