• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTus4rrW4AADonA.jpg:large

Fire at refugee camp in Calais.

Hope it's not some kind of sick revenge thing

How do you know this is Calais

How do you know this is from tonight

Griss

My prayers are with the people of Paris, this is terrible.

There is an unnecessary disgusting politicizing of this, can't you people just look at the situation without injecting dumb politics in this situation? I expected better from this forum.

I am very disappointed.

The definition of terrorism is using violence for political or ideological reasons. How the fuck are you supposed to interact with such a situation without at least mentioning the political situation leading to it without limiting yourself to 'Welp, this is terrible...'

Majukun

No one (at least no one sensible) thinks that the refugees are the ones causing these attacks, but people are scared of even a few dozen ISIS terrorists being amongst the actual hundreds of thousands of refugees. With so many refugees that have no paperwork it's not that far fetched to think it's a possibility.

again,having or not haing paperwork doesn't mean anything

many of the guys who departed from europe to go fight for ISIS were sons of regular immigrants,born and raised in europe..and probably many of the guys involved in these attacks are.
the problem here is the circulation of ideologies,not people..anyone can become a terrorist if crazy and easy to manipulate enough

If someone's set fire to that refugee camp, then they are EXACTLY as bad as ISIS. Like, literally 100% as bad. If only they had the intelligence to understand that.

Who don't know who did that, in fact, Al Qaeda or ISIS torching the camp shouldn't be completely ruled out. What better way to spark chaos?

Paracelsus

I know it's horrible, but they should not be running...

They should fight for their land.

It's hard to be a family man in a country where if someone thinks you deserve to die you die, and your family dies, and a dozen other people die with you because they just happened to pass by because why not. You can't fight lack of common sense and reason with courage, or you can but it'll be a bloodbath that will take forever.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Those who fight against Assad are using human shields. It's not hard to see why people are running.

7threst

Not to offend you but man, that is an easy thing to say if you're not in a country like that. Call me a coward, but I would be absolutely scared for these psycho's and flee.

Guy.brush

Evil is without comprehension. No matter how hard we try, pure evil will never be understood. Never. It affords no reason.

There is no such thing as pure evil. That is undifferentiated Old Testament talk from thousands of years ago.
There is evil acts and people perpetrating them and you are right in that they act with no reason in their mind.

While there is no evil out of thin air, there is however very, very dumb human beings and enticing religious ideologies that lure in the poor, powerless or folks with a victim complex with promises of power, women, a 2nd life and or a better standing in their culture. Basically anything and everything they lack in the one life they actually have. We need to root out these ideologies and that only works by defeating them in the court of reason. And that only works with reforming, reforming and reforming from the inside of those archaic beliefs and proper education.
From outside there is not much you can do, other than occasionally showing people that are on the brink of quitting that there is a rational alternative so people finally realize those beliefs for the delusions they are.

It is really scary how parts of the world seem to regress in general knowledge at a frightening rate. End of the 90s you would have thought the Internet would spread knowledge like a wildfire but sadly it doesn't seem to be the powerful enlightening tool we thought it would be.
e.g. a video of a Saudi scholar teaching his listeners why the Earth does not revolve around itself in 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Jp_XCvVto

Metrotab

Banned
I just can't stop thinking about those poor victims. Friday night, going to a metal concert with friends, maybe some drinking afterward. Week just ended, time to destress.

And then this happens. A nightmare.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

-Silver-

No one (at least no one sensible) thinks that the refugees are the ones causing these attacks, but people are scared of even a few dozen ISIS terrorists being amongst the actual hundreds of thousands of refugees. With so many refugees that have no paperwork it's not that far fetched to think it's a possibility.
There lies the problem.

jtb

Banned
The definition of terrorism is using violence for political or ideological reasons. How the fuck are you supposed to interact with such a situation without at least mentioning the political situation leading to it without limiting yourself to 'Welp, this is terrible...'

The problem is we don't even know what the situation is, we know basically nothing at this point.

Why don't people ever listen to mods when they say to stop quoting stupid posts over and over and derailing the thread. Let them take care of it ffs.

valkyre

:( i love France, i have been to paris 5 times already. My thoughts are with the French nation and civilized world in general. Cant believe they have to go through this once again.

I really cant express my feelings towards individuals such as these terrorists... and they aint even remotely good.

Stay safe Paris.

How bad would this be for Muslims in general? I have friends and family members who follow the religion, and I feel like the aftermath of this situation won't be pretty. This situation is just so awful, I cant't even express this into words. Makes me so angry and wish the West would act, but i'm no expert- of the West could have solved this problem, they would have.

My heart goes out to all the victims of this tragedy and I sincerely hope these monsters don''t claim any more lives.

Nothing will happen to non-visible Muslims. Visible Muslims will get more and more discrimination though...

Xater

Woah, if you're in the area, there is a facebook notification that asks you or your friends to confirm you're safe. First time I've seen something like this. Really useful, though.

That's a super useful tool. Didn't know Faceboom does that.

Violet_0

Banned
listening to one witness who was inside the concert hall on CNN, his account of the events is haunting. He said he saw at least 20 people getting shot ("it was a blood bath")

Hedrush

She's horrified. I'm in the UK so powerless but its fucked.

The theatre operation has been successful. The gunmen are dead

Sky reporting that the terrorists threw explosives at the hostages when the French security forces stormed the theatre. Absolute carnage inside the theatre. Not exactly successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom