• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Parody Thread Urges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakke

Banned
GFL opener: Steelers have headset problems vs. The Fightin' Ewons at Palpatine Memorial Stadium on Coruscant.

I was saving this for a confession thread but i've never seen an episode of Star Trek. Perhaps when i was really, really young but as far as i know i have never actually seen a full episode of Star Trek.

But simply parodying a thread's title seemed kinda... small, ya know, so i tried to in some way do something more complex, not just add/remove strength from a title by parodying it but using the technique to create something new. Kind of like... so there's this quote i always think of that goes "If the broad landscape refuses to compose itself economically within the viewfinder's rectangle, the photographer contrives a different but consonant subject, composed perhaps of two trees and a rock.", which is about struggling for control of the subject, and accepting that sometimes you need less to achieve more. Making all the parodies about a specific thing, i think it really helps the process of making them fun and interesting on a whole new level.

It becomes more about finding the parodies than inventing them.

I'm glad I asked.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Who said it: Donald Trump or Donald Duck

at my girlfriends place, instead of having sex and a shit, we are going to the movies

Timeaisis

Would you date a girl who has genital furby's?

image.php

I am in an argument with every Star Wars fan in the world

What types of horrific crimes can you just not do?

Is your offline persona an accurate reflection of who you are?

I have trouble tearing people apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom