• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2015 Attendees Thread

jediyoshi

This might be the least I've looked up info beforehand about panels and planning. I still don't even know how they're handling the morning queue this year. Yay procrastination

Ont

Thought I would try here first. I'm looking for a few Saturday and Sunday badges if anyone has some for sale.

Also, for anyone interested in PC FPS games, the Tribes-esque game, Midair, will be there.

http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=75251633bba0d788d782801ef&id=901eabd7a2&e=95b1a9c06b

If I were going to PAX I would definitely check out Midair. After 15 years of failed attempts to reinvent Tribes games maybe with Midair the community is showing how it's done. Tribes 1 / Tribes 2 Classic style game with modern graphics is what I have been waiting for so long time. After Tribes 2 every FPS game has always felt lacking, so I am hoping that Midair will deliver.

Probably going to sound like a no-brainer, but make it a priority to see the HTC Vive demo that will be running. Go there first thing, make an appointment - see it. I got a chance to see it this weekend at Musicfest Northwest, and it's absolutely jaw dropping. A massive step up from any Oculus demo I've ever tried.

A thread like this is a godsend. I bought a pass for Saturday Sunday and don't know what I'm in for or what's the can't miss stuff so I could use all the resources I can get.

GSR

This is very short notice, but plans changed and my friends and I won't be going on Monday. If anyone needs a Monday pass at (or even a little below) cost, send me a PM.

Update: These have been sold off of GAF.

MyEasyButton

Neo Member
For the Pokemon obsessed visiting Seattle there's a Pokemon Center kiosk at Northgate Mall. It's a 20 minute or so bus ride from downtown.

It's basically a vending machine with Pokemon stuff on one side and games to play on the other 3 sides.

You wouldn't happen to know if this Pokemon Center is still present? I thought you might be local to the area. :)

I couldn't find it listed on the Mall Directory, but it is just a vending machine so no listing could be normal. I might hit them up over social media too, or just call them.

I'll be attending again this year with a bunch of friends, we've got media passes for the second year in a row so that should be fun. Current plan is that most of us will be there all four days, though one member of our group just got a new job and has to start on Monday morning. :( Oh well, looking forward to doing the full weekend for the first time!

riotous

Banned
You wouldn't happen to know if this Pokemon Center is still present? I thought you might be local to the area. :)

I couldn't find it listed on the Mall Directory, but it is just a vending machine so no listing could be normal. I might hit them up over social media too, or just call them.

Yup; take my wife there quite often. Was there just last week, don't think it's in the directory.

Not sure this will work on your phone but you can see it on Google Maps from inside the jewelry store it's next to, see the glowing purple vending machine like thing:

Google Map Street View inside Northgate Mall

It's near the South end of the mall, right in the area I've marked in yellow on the mall map:

3Vc8gxP.png

Other than selling GameBoy games and Pokemn cards it has plushies and keychains and little plastic figures.

There's some pictures on my wife's instagram:

https://instagram.com/thegirlwhogames/

If you scroll you'll see quite a few shots of the machine to get an idea if it's worth the trip.

MyEasyButton

Neo Member
Yup; take my wife there quite often. Was there just last week, don't think it's in the directory.

Not sure this will work on your phone but you can see it on Google Maps from inside the jewelry store it's next to, see the glowing purple vending machine like thing:

Google Map Street View inside Northgate Mall

It's near the South end of the mall, right in the area I've marked in yellow on the mall map:

3Vc8gxP.png

Other than selling GameBoy games and Pokemn cards it has plushies and keychains and little plastic figures.

There's some pictures on my wife's instagram:

https://instagram.com/thegirlwhogames/

If you scroll you'll see quite a few shots of the machine to get an idea if it's worth the trip.

Awesome! Thank you for the info (and your wife for the photos). Very much appreciated. :)

Switching gears a bit -- does anyone have any theories about the "people doing panel" session Saturday morning at Benaroya? They were being coy on Twitter yesterday:

https://twitter.com/wangulator/status/635907243481759744
https://twitter.com/MamaGaea/status/635907809004023808

Since it's the main theatre, it will be streamed at least. Just wondering if I should see whatever will happen (or be announced or given away?) in person. Last year I went to the 343 Industries Halo panel in the same time slot at Benaroya. Plenty of room to wait indoors at least!

dLMN8R

Make sure you guys bring an umbrella :)

Looks like this weekend will be filled with the first consistent rain Seattle has had since April! Other than some for a few hours a couple weeks ago, it's been a complete drought.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Make sure you guys bring an umbrella :)

Looks like this weekend will be filled with the first consistent rain Seattle has had since April! Other than some for a few hours a couple weeks ago, it's been a complete drought.

Nice! I wish I could take some of the rain back with me to LA.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm gonna be at PAX Prime showing D4 PC and La-Mulana 2 at the PLAYISM booth as part of the Indie Megabooth.

Come say hi :D

Yep! We're gonna be showing off D4 there, but unfortunately the Sony party is at the same time, so I might not be able to make it.

Woo! Too bad you won't be able to make it, but cool on D4!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I've been lucky with every PAX I've been to having no rain. Well, guess I'll have to pull out my umbrella, just in case then.

krae_man

I'm gonna be at PAX Prime showing D4 PC and La-Mulana 2 at the PLAYISM booth as part of the Indie Megabooth.

Come say hi :D

Yep! We're gonna be showing off D4 there, but unfortunately the Sony party is at the same time, so I might not be able to make it.

No conflicts with the GAF meetup!

Moofers

Awesome! Thank you for the info (and your wife for the photos). Very much appreciated. :)

Switching gears a bit -- does anyone have any theories about the "people doing panel" session Saturday morning at Benaroya? They were being coy on Twitter yesterday:

https://twitter.com/wangulator/status/635907243481759744
https://twitter.com/MamaGaea/status/635907809004023808

Since it's the main theatre, it will be streamed at least. Just wondering if I should see whatever will happen (or be announced or given away?) in person. Last year I went to the 343 Industries Halo panel in the same time slot at Benaroya. Plenty of room to wait indoors at least!

Wasn't aware of this, whatever it is. I'm intrigued! No ideas as to what it could be though.

I wish I was able to go to PAX Prime on Friday. Of course, one upside about missing Friday is that I can check sites like reddit that day to learn what is shown at the expo hall and what stuff is being given away. This way, for the rest of the weekend, I can plan on what games to try out first before checking out the panels I want to go to.

Firestorm

Looking for:

1x Sunday
2x Monday

Everything at cost. I'll buy a full set of F to M if that's what you have. Never agreeing to be the one who gets the tickets and books the hotels for such a large group again x.x

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really looking forward to this weekend :) Heading over tomorrow. Hope Pink Gorilla still has some decent prices on games.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Vive is a 100% must for me. One of the main reasons I bothered to come up.
Hi GAF!

Orcs Must Die! Unchained will be at PAX Prime this year in a huge booth.
In there like swimwear
I will be there, but likely stuck in the one place up on the 6th floor the entire time as part of the PAX 10 :p

Come say hi before I die of exhaustion after the second day.
Niceeeeeeee, see you there dude. Hopefully my #1 score will still be up.

Psyae

PAX East 2015 was my first PAX and this is my first year going to Prime. I just moved to Lynnwood, WA last week from New Jersey and I'm super excited that I get the opportunity to go to two PAX events in one year! Can't wait to see Nintendo's booth and then q-bit games to play Holobunnies! I encourage everyone to go check Holobunnies at booth 7011, I saw it for the first time at PAX East and was blown away!

I am dying to go to pax but have no friends who are interested in games like I am, next year i may just go solo.

Don't be afraid to go solo, honestly. Even if you just spend a day or two at the con, that's often the best way to see everything you want to see. You're only tied down to your own schedule, and nobody else's. Room shares can also keep things cheap. Plus there's so many cool people, you're bound to make fast friends.

I'm leaving tomorrow, and it's all starting to hit me. It's actually PAX time.

Be prepared to wait for hours upon hours.

If they're doing it the same way they did it at other events, it's more by appointment than a massive line. Get there early, reserve a spot, come back & have your goddamn mind blown off. They might have a side line for no-shows, but don't rely on it.

Seriously, unless the Oculus Touch has a public demo at PAX - I can't think of anything more deserving of your attention.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget to bring your 3DS! Street passes from around the world and a time killer for lines. Vita is an option too of course, but too bad Near sucks.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Friend of mine couldn't get his passport in time. Got another spare Friday, Sunday, and Monday pass for face value.

EDIT: Monday is gone

srst

I am dying to go to pax but have no friends who are interested in games like I am, next year i may just go solo.

Don't sweat it. I went with 3 other people last year and we all got split up in within 30 minutes. It's easier that way than playing hide and seek all the time.

This might be the first PAX that I'm not really looking forward to, but I'm guessing that's because every other time I've been a student and not working full-time. I'm going to be exhausted.

krae_man

Holy crap, an Air Canada flight with WiFi.

Edit: plane is broke. Gotta get off 30 seconds after boarding.

One hour delay for a new plane. Making my connecting flight is going to be tight now.

krae_man

Lol now there are now two flights to Vancouver boarding at the exact same time AC 101 and AC 181 gates D36 and D38.

Nobody is paying attention. Chaos everywhere.

This flight is so not leaving on time:(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just a heads up for everyone, it's going to be a wet PAX this year. Rain all weekend, thunder storms on Saturday.

I just read. Disappointing, as the weather's been great during the time for the past few years. The entire west coast has been bone dry all summer (and on fire...), so it was bound to rain at some point, but just bad timing :x Packing umbrella and a variety of clothes just in case the temperature drops. Darn, I was hoping on walking around the city.

Atenhaus

I just read. Disappointing, as the weather's been great during the time for the past few years. The entire west coast has been bone dry all summer (and on fire...), so it was bound to rain at some point, but just bad timing :x Packing umbrella and a variety of clothes just in case the temperature drops. Darn, I was hoping on walking around the city.

Keep in mind that a large portion of Central Washington is on fire right now. This rain is going to be a godsend for the fire fighting effort there.

dLMN8R

Here's your comprehensive guide about how to do cool shit in Seattle when you're done with PAX for the day:

vLtalTK.png

Get out of downtown.

Walk up the hill.

See, eat, and drink awesome stuff.

Done!

Specifically, if you make it to Tacos Chukis, you know you're doing it right. It's 1 mile from the convention center, and will take you to a good part of Capitol Hill.

IH0HV6W.png

Finally, go here for the best coffee in Seattle - and specifically order a Cappuccino. You'll thank me later:

FYn834u.png

Moofers

Man I'm so jealous of the people in Seattle already! I got an hour and a half of work left today and still a whole other day of work tomorrow! You're all gonna be PAXing it up while I'm still in the office, you bastards!

Last year I told myself I'd go for more than just Saturday in 2015. What do I do? I buy only the Saturday badge again. I'll never learn.

About to climb into the break room freezer in an effort to cryo freeze myself until Friday night.

Top Bottom