• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2015 Attendees Thread

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Keep in mind that a large portion of Central Washington is on fire right now. This rain is going to be a godsend for the fire fighting effort there.

Oh yes I'm well aware of it. Not to mention the fires are spreading rapidly due to the winds and heading over the border into BC :/ Trust me, rain ANYWHERE on the west coast of the continent is much needed right now (especially in CA). Just stinks it had to start when PAX did :p

BlazinAm

Waiting to get on a shuttle for the id@xbox event and on my way there i saw the htc vive truck it is about three blocks away, i post an exact address when i get back. I got an extra Monday pass if anyone needs it just pm me.

Moofers

I'm attending tomorrow. Where's the best place to line up if you want to get in the Expo Hall first thing? Doing away with Queue Hall has thrown me for a loop. I have no idea where to go.

jediyoshi

Already lines for that?? Well guess I'll pass...

no lines yet, but there's no point lining up for anything else if everything opens at 10 and you give yourself an hour buffer for 1130. I'm solo for the morning so I have nowhere else to loiter :p

krae_man

Already lines for that?? Well guess I'll pass...

Hydra theater is tiny. Stuff like that panel gets packed quick. You need to line up an hour early for things like that.

Hydra gets streamed that's why popular panels end up there.

Waiting is almost over. Already got my intel button. Come on something good.

Psyae

Not sure if this is the place to ask for this, but does anyone know if Nintendo has any swag this year? I'm headed to PAX on Sunday and want to know if it's worth heading to Nintendo right away.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this is the place to ask for this, but does anyone know if Nintendo has any swag this year? I'm headed to PAX on Sunday and want to know if it's worth heading to Nintendo right away.

Ummmm they have candy at the booths by the escalator. Still need to check out their main booth. Also FINALLY got my internet working on my phone in here! So much interference...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I checked out Nintendo's main booth and saw nothing for swag. I'm surprised. Although I did hear something about collecting stamps or something but that might have just been for the candy.

Trouble

Banned
ohai

Looks like I'm going tomorrow, just bought an extra ticket from coworker. I live about a half mile from the expo center and I've never been to PAX.

Coming Saturday and leaving Monday.
Are there any big games shown there that are worth waiting in line for (if not getting there early enough)?

I checked out Nintendo's main booth and saw nothing for swag. I'm surprised. Although I did hear something about collecting stamps or something but that might have just been for the candy.

At comic con they had a ticket system for playing their games , for every 3 tickets you got a t shirt
That's probably what they are gonna do from now on

I wish I was at pax prime :(

Psyae

Alright, thanks. At PAX East I got Splatoon pins from them which were really cool, and I was hoping they would do something just as awesome. Oh wellz.

My girlfriend and I are going tomorrow and I had a question for anyone that has attended today so far: how are the lines for the HTC Vive, Oculus, and/or Morpheous stuff?

We're really interested in the VR stuff (ESPECIALLY the Vive stuff if they have the virtual rooms set up) and we're wondering how long we'll have to wait in line to try them out.

krae_man

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any good freebies at the Capcom booth?

Yup
Show them you pre-ordered SFV and get a lanyard. Also posters. If you win the SFV tournament you get a special limited PS4 faceplate, which I guess is a freebie if you make it.

Oh and update with the Nintendo thing. Some Mario Maker stations have pins and if you find 3 Chibi Robo stickers you get a keychain. I can't find the one at the Nintendo booth though :( Anyone else find it?

dLMN8R

Mirror's Edge sure is pretty. Looks fantastic.

I played some Battleborn, it's at some booths that aren't the big booth with massive lines. Can easily walk up and play it without waiting. Maybe the Logitech area?

Plants vs. Zombies 2 is also kinda fun. But still feels early.

Did anyone check out the Fallout exhibit? I walked by and it seemed like people were just waiting in line to have their pictures taken for a Fallout postcard. Is there a playable demo or video behind closed doors or something?

My friend and I went there first thing this morning, but the line was already huge so we ended up going to play Battleborn instead. I hadn't paid any attention to that game and it really surprised me. It was really fun. We played on a team with some blond reporter girl from IGN and then she interviewed us after. I doubt any of that footage got used though.

Man, I sat next to one of the main scalpers on the bus home tonight, and he said the street prices for Saturday passes tomorrow are going to START at $220! He said Sunday will be about $120.

Hope ya'll got your passes already! If you didn't (and you're willing to be patient), someone will most certainly come around with a substantially better price, so don't give up hope.

Karak

Amazing time and got to meet some random channel fans. Saw Sword Coast which was amazing, Rainbow Six(much improved), Division really fun but does have the expected downgrade, Gigantic which was really fun to play, had an hour long interview with the owner of Harebrained Schemes, and we walked our damn asses off.
Also the Indie game Kingdom was amazing.

Top Bottom