• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Moosehole

Just pre-ordered on PSN. Couldn't have myself miss out on that Lootbag dlc.

Do Day 1 Digital games go up with the usual late-night PSN update, or are they put up earlier?

PAYDAY 2 can be downloaded from PSN tonight at 12:01 am PST (or 3:01 am EST). It says it right there on screen when you add the pre-order to your cart.

tmaynard

Just played the beta. The safehouse is such a great addition.

I'm interested in pitching in on a four-pack if anyone has an open spot!

Try a mom and pop store or a different store. The number of times they have games early or when others sell out is insane. Mostly because their name isn't Gamestop.

Sadly we don't have any m&p. The choices are Gamestop, Walmart, Online, or rent.
Plus I really wanted the preorder bonus /:

Whatever I'll get it when I get it... a few days won't kill me.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Is anyone thinking about a 4 pack for this on Steam? I have been doing some research and it's starting to tickle my wallet...

I am also in for a 4pack if anyone has one going. Note that if no one is interested in about 1 1/2 hours ill just order it to make sure i get that preorder jazz. Can you please add me to the steam group too! Got a mic for PC just for this game, y'all got me pretty hyped!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/trinitrin

Yeah 360 for me, idk why. I saw someone post earlier that eb games told them it'll be a couple days. So I called mine like 20 minutes ago and where I preordered they told me the 14th.. I thought it was sketchy. So I called the one at the local mall and they told me the 15th...

Best buy told me they received it tonight and will sell it tomorrow.

Yeah that was me that found out eb had it delayed.

I now can't decide of I want it tomorrow and miss outon the preorder bonus or wait a few days.

Gah.

Karak

Sadly we don't have any m&p. The choices are Gamestop, Walmart, Online, or rent.
Plus I really wanted the preorder bonus /:

Whatever I'll get it when I get it... a few days won't kill me.

I understand. The mom and pops and going out of business but until they do they are the go to places for me. That and Fred Meyer which basically must feel like they lost the video game war because they will just sell anything regardless if its early or not.

2a0Zypz.png

lol that is amazing!

Daigoro

yeah, i dont know whats up with GS/EB and this game.

i went in and pre-ordered today. the guy said he had to check what the shipment was going to be like, and after he checked he said that i could grab a copy tomorrow, but that it wouldnt be until late in the day.

maybe they werent expecting it to ship well and didnt order many copies? or some distro fuck up.

pretty odd.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Really? It worries me because of how cheap the game is.

I don't know as he does as I haven't played it, but it's been reported the game has 30+ heists. From file digging through the beta, and one by achievement, we know of 24 heists in the game.

Keep in mind these heists can be multiple days long with multiple levels, and that the original game had only 5 heists at launch (the Payday 2 Beta had 7).

Karak

Really? It worries me because of how cheap the game is.
No need to worry. Regardless if it was free the content is there.
I have my own idea which is that I don't know how some companies work but the game doesn't require the same breadth in terms of development that many others games might. They distilled the basic bit "heist" and blew that up to be an entire game. I can only assume that came with some savings just by pure efficiency and focus with a staff working fairly closely on the one thing the game bases its entire theme on. Do one thing and do it well.

Additionally this is a pure sequel. It doesn't add a new world, or add a ton of new mechanics, its basically pure sequel.
Better, more content, and more polish.

Karak

do you get preorder bonuses if we buy it on amazon and activate it on steam?

Amazon has some preorder bonuses but I am not sure if they are the same ones. Sorry scratch that. No they don't that I can see.

Feel free to add me to any Steam lists as well guys. I am down for playing.
Edit: Actually I should probably use my normal one- Karak on Steam

My review will go live in a couple hours http://youtu.be/xLb4LiWaeoE

Review embargo is up at 12:01 PDT... 2 and a half hours!

Good, I'll be able to see how well the console versions stack up to the PC. I really, really hope I'm not disappointed. It doesn't exactly look like Crysis 3 as it is, but I know I'll miss out on 60fps as per usual.

Karak

Good, I'll be able to see how well the console versions stack up to the PC. I really, really hope I'm not disappointed. It doesn't exactly look like Crysis 3 as it is, but I know I'll miss out on 60fps as per usual.

I spent more time with the PC version than the 360 but if you aren't susceptible to a couple occasional framerate hits(smoke) then you should be fine. Though it also causes some drop on the PC version too though. Taking into account resolution being lower on the console as well.

SJRB

Gold Member
Why the FUCK didn't this unlock at midnight like every other game?

Got out of bed 45 minutes early so I could check it out a bit before work, damnit.

Karak

Just a few hours more, gonna be fun! I think I'm gonna try saving up for some of the heavier weapons now that I've gotten a taste of some in the beta. That AK47/7.62 packs a punch.

Add me to steam group if you can, please.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963323109

Though I felt that the skills leveled up at a slightly slower pace than I would have liked it was the gun prices that made me laugh out loud when I saw them.
Castro pricing. Myself I am still a sucker for the tried and true M16.

sbarbati

It's getting to me that the game was released as of now, but we have to wait 4 more hours on Steam... Can't the developers just recognize that the first timezone should dictate launch? Who cares if its before the "launch date"

Island

How friendly is this game for a complete noob? I am not incompetent at shooters but I would hate to ruin the fun for 3 others... is there a tutorial?

SJRB

Gold Member
How friendly is this game for a complete noob? I am not incompetent at shooters but I would hate to ruin the fun for 3 others... is there a tutorial?

Aside from one that shows the basic controls, there isn't. But there are a couple of heists that are very beginner-friendly, and a good way to ease into things:

- Jewelry store
- Four Stores

Just make sure the mission you select doesn't have yellow skulls, because that means the mission has increased difficulty. And unlock the ammo bag/doctor's bag as soon as possible, you'll be a big help for your team.

Karak

It doesn't go out of its way to explain much but the keyboard/button prompts are there. I won't lie that if you are new it can feel really awkward for a bit as you are coming to grips with what works and what doesn't and what you can do with a Mask on or off.

Island

It doesn't go out of its way to explain much but the keyboard/button prompts are there. I won't lie that if you are new it can feel really awkward for a bit as you are coming to grips with what works and what doesn't and what you can do with a Mask on or off.

Hmmm to buy or not to buy....

Top Bottom