• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hi dudes... im thinking on give it a try on PC, will my lousy PC be able to run it?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8GHZ
RAM: 3GB (?)
GFX: Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT

BibiMaghoo

Hi dudes... im thinking on give it a try on PC, will my lousy PC be able to run it?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 2.8GHZ
RAM: 3GB (?)
GFX: Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT

Minimum specs are:

Minimum:
Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce 8800/ATI Radeon HD 2600 (256MB minimum)
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:10 GB HD space
Sound:DirectX 9.0c compatible

So yes, but not at great settings.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
can i get an invite to the steam group?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jesuisfrack

Edit, much obliged thanks

Anyone in this group feel free to add me, played a shit ton of beta and will be playing alot of retail the moment its released

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BAM, downloading the Steam version. :3

G.Newell

Looking to get this but i cant quite decide if the criminal edition is worth it. If it is, is it better to buy the normal 4 pack on amazon and then manually upgrade it on steam?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Going back and forth on whether or not to buy this.

I am the same way, I never played the first one so I dont know to much about the series. Is this basically left 4 dead with cops and robbers? I was watching some vids of this on youtube and it makes it seem like its basically horde mode with cops being AI controlled, but honestly I cant tell if it is real people playing cops or just bots.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I am the same way, I never played the first one so I dont know to much about the series. Is this basically left 4 dead with cops and robbers? I was watching some vids of this on youtube and it makes it seem like its basically horde mode with cops being AI controlled, but honestly I cant tell if it is real people playing cops or just bots.

Me and my crew dont do horde mode, we go in, we steal and if we are good they never know we were there.

Many of the missions can be done without alerting anyone on the outside.

Going to need some PSN buddies for this, Jrod87 is my PSN. If you do add me, please have a message so I know who you are!

Sent you a friend request, been looking for some more people to play with. A few of my close friends are getting it but I'm still unsure about some of my clan mates and people I played the first with.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Ever see a movie about a group of criminals pulling off heists? Payday is made to be a game where those cinematic heist scenes become playable. Running through a number of different scenarios and heists, you and up to three friends group together to get away with the most loot and rise both in power and criminal status.

The game is co-op only, the police are bots. However, heists cane be done in a multitude of ways. You can just go in, set off the alarm, and fight off the police as you try to make your get-away, but it is also possible to utilize your skills to stealth the mission and make sure police do not get alerted that you're here. It's even possible to pull certain heists so fast, that the police won't even get a chance to show up.

The objective of each stage changes per mission. In one mission, it can be the simple set-up of collect the money, get out. In another, it can be to make meth (and not make the meth lab explode while making it) and deliver it to an urban area for intel. In another you're in a mall trying to destroy as much property as you possibly can. Each mission also has randomized elements, ranging from where things are located (or how many in number), to extra sub-stages getting added on for multiple-day heists or the level layout changing.

The loot you collect gets you a net amount of spending money that you can use to buy weapons, upgrades, mods, masks, designs, skills, and more.

While you can play by yourself, like Left 4 Dead, it's best advised to play with friends. Left 4 Dead 2 is a good basis as similarities definitely, but the goal isn't specifically to kill a lot of cops, but to pull heists, and police are often avoidable if you can pull it (though there are multiple ways to accomplish any heist in question).

Mr Cola

Ever see a movie about a group of criminals pulling off heists? Payday is made to be a game where those cinematic heist scenes become playable. Running through a number of different scenarios and heists, you and up to three friends group together to get away with the most loot and rise both in power and criminal status.

The game is co-op only, the police are bots. However, heists cane be done in a multitude of ways. You can just go in, set off the alarm, and fight off the police as you try to make your get-away, but it is also possible to utilize your skills to stealth the mission and make sure police do not get alerted that you're here. It's even possible to pull certain heists so fast, that the police won't even get a chance to show up.

The objective of each stage changes per mission. In one mission, it can be the simple set-up of collect the money, get out. In another, it can be to make meth (and not make the meth lab explode while making it) and deliver it to an urban area for intel. In another you're in a mall trying to destroy as much property as you possibly can. Each mission also has randomized elements, ranging from where things are located (or how many in number), to extra sub-stages getting added on for multiple-day heists or the level layout changing.

The loot you collect gets you a net amount of spending money that you can use to buy weapons, upgrades, mods, masks, designs, skills, and more.

While you can play by yourself, like Left 4 Dead, best advised to play with friends. Left 4 Dead 2 is a good basis as similarities definitely, but the goal isn't specifically to kill a lot of zombies, but to pull heists, and police are often avoidable if you can pull it (though there are multiple ways to accomplish any heist in question).

The aspect of the game which is most fun is the endless plotting of a stealth mission and adapting to execute it on site. We have been going at the bank mission on overkill for 2 days now trying to execute our plan which in theory does work, but there are so many variables to work out that every time, no matter how close we get, we are just shy of doing it. I will never forget the run we did where we got the keycard, secured the camera room, secured the tellers and contained the whole bank only to realise we forgot a pager :(.

The bank is the best representation of what this game has to offer, you can do it gun in hand and take what you can from the vault, which is usually just enough to secure the mission because of a timid amount of resources but IF and its a big IF you can get in a position where the cops are avoided there is stupid stupid money you can get. Ive ony managed to get about a 3rd of the deposit boxes on overkill but managed to fill 12 bags with loot, the idea of getting all 50 plus boxes is tempting.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

While you can play by yourself, like Left 4 Dead, it's best advised to play with friends. Left 4 Dead 2 is a good basis as similarities definitely, but the goal isn't specifically to kill a lot of cops, but to pull heists, and police are often avoidable if you can pull it (though there are multiple ways to accomplish any heist in question).

Sounds cool! So just to be clear, there is ZERO PvP in this game? No cops and robbers type ish? If so that is kinda disappointing but in the description you listed, its kinda hard to see how having cops as peeps would work.

MAX PAYMENT

The beta you have will be removed from your library comes release and your save will be wiped.

The preload is for the actual release version of PD2 which is located somewhere in your library. If you bought it and don't just have the beta.

Thanks guys. My steam had to restart before preloading was available.

Mr Cola

I havent seen any multiplayer and in the current model im not sure how it would work, especially given how much power is given to the robbers to execute a plan that can be completely independant of police involvement. My only adviso would be to get a group of a few people and communicate because thats half the fun, we did the run and gun thing for a while but once we worked out you could approach the missions with care the game made a whole lot more sense. We still go into horde mode when the stealth fails, but usually the stealth will at least get us from a to b meaning the game doesnt turn into a 10 minute horde mode, but rather a shorter 3-4 min one.

Hi!

My first post in NeoGAF, and I just want to say hi to everyone. I've been reading this thread among others during the last days.

I am really really excited for this game. Hoping to see you all in the safehouse.

In the meantime, I would love to be invited to the NeoGAF Payday2 Group and also anyone else who wants to add me to play some hesit feel free to do it.

My steam id:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spinalscratch/

Let's do this! :D

Mr Cola

Ill be pretty active in the group inviting people to play tomorrow im sure, mumble is a must though, communication is key!

BibiMaghoo

Hi!

My first post in NeoGAF, and I just want to say hi to everyone. I've been reading this thread among others during the last days.

I am really really excited for this game. Hoping to see you all in the safehouse.

In the meantime, I would love to be invited to the NeoGAF Payday2 Group and also anyone else who wants to add me to play some hesit feel free to do it.

My steam id:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spinalscratch/

Let's do this! :D

Welcome to GAF dude. I sent you an invite, now I figured out how to do it.

Dusk Golem

I havent seen any multiplayer and in the current model im not sure how it would work, especially given how much power is given to the robbers to execute a plan that can be completely independant of police involvement. My only adviso would be to get a group of a few people and communicate because thats half the fun, we did the run and gun thing for a while but once we worked out you could approach the missions with care the game made a whole lot more sense. We still go into horde mode when the stealth fails, but usually the stealth will at least get us from a to b meaning the game doesnt turn into a 10 minute horde mode, but rather a shorter 3-4 min one.

The only thing I can add is that there isn't really a benefit for fighting police. It can be fun, don't get me wrong, but killing police and the like is more of an obstacle than something desirable, the goal of the game is to make money and killing cops doesn't do that.

Horde gameplay does come in, but isn't really the focus of the game. I think that's one of the things that most people (myself included with the original game) need to overcome thinking when they first start playing as everything clicks together. Payday isn't a game about fighting cops, rather than is a game where you fight cops in it. The game is about pulling heists as best as you can to get the most money.

Mr Cola

The only thing I can add is that there isn't really a benefit for fighting police. It can be fun, don't get me wrong, but killing police and the like is more of an obstacle than something desirable, the goal of the game is to make money and killing cops doesn't do that.

Horde gameplay does come in, but isn't really the focus of the game. I think that's one of the things that most people (myself included with the original game) need to overcome thinking when they first start playing as everything clicks together. Payday isn't a game about fighting cops, rather than is a game where you fight cops in it. The game is about pulling heists as best as you can to get the most money.

Exactly, when it clicked for us that it was even possible to not activate the police the game changed, I honestly didnt think it could be played this way (and some missions you fight whether you like it or not). This is why im more likely to avoid the missions which take several days because they force you to play a certain way which feels counterproductive now. Give me one day missions where there is a curve of difficulty with more variables to take into consideration, culminating in a mission that takes hours to do correctly. A mission that requires specific skills and rewards players who have levelled up sufficiently.

The biggest barrier to this however is that once your mask is on its on, which does hinder what is and isnt possible when it comes to stealth.

BlindRage

Why did I just call two of my local gamestops and one tell me the 14th and one say the 15th.. I really gotta wait til Friday?

Karak

Totally correct it turns into fucking clown cars at a moments notice. Sometimes it can appear a bit random but for a good part of it, its a controllable threat.

How are people playing this already?

Sorry if obvious. New to the series and intrigued.
Review copies or beta.

Dusk Golem

How are people playing this already?

Sorry if obvious. New to the series and intrigued.

Those who pre-ordered the criminal edition got a guest pass for themselves and one for a friend to be in a beta which included 7 of the 24+ heists in the game. The beta ends today though, as the full game releases in about 8 hours. Those who own the game can pre-load the game now, and those who only had a beta guest pass will no longer be able to play it.

All stats are also being reset, so anything earned in the beta will be undone, but now we can really get earning.

Dusk Golem

So what's the earliest we will be able to unlock this via VPN?

It's unfortunately time-gated, by which I mean that the 'release time' is the same everywhere and will be unlocked all at the same 'time'. (2 AM on the US Pacific Coast, 5 AM for the US Eastern Coast, 10 AM in the UK, etc.)

BlindRage

So my local bestbuy will have it tomorrow when they open..

GameStop just lost my sale. I'll add the $42 it cost to preorder it to my x1 reserve or another game. Fuck waiting until the 14th or 15th, they don't even know when they will have it.

So my local bestbuy will have it tomorrow when they open..

GameStop just lost my sale. I'll add the $42 it cost to preorder it to my x1 reserve or another game. Fuck waiting until the 14th or 15th, they don't even know when they will have it.

Are you talking console? Because if it's just gamestops not getting it I'll head over to target which is right next door.

BlindRage

Are you talking console? Because if it's just gamestops not getting it I'll head over to target which is right next door.
Yeah 360 for me, idk why. I saw someone post earlier that eb games told them it'll be a couple days. So I called mine like 20 minutes ago and where I preordered they told me the 14th.. I thought it was sketchy. So I called the one at the local mall and they told me the 15th...

Best buy told me they received it tonight and will sell it tomorrow.

Yeah 360 for me, idk why. I saw someone post earlier that eb games told them it'll be a couple days. So I called mine like 20 minutes ago and where I preordered they told me the 14th.. I thought it was sketchy. So I called the one at the local mall and they told me the 15th...

that pretty flaky, I didn't get a chance to call my GS

if they dont have my pre-order tomorrow ill knock over some magazine racks and hit up BestBuy instead

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Lol everyone in this thread is playing on Steam. I'm considering getting it on 360 or PS3, haven't decided yet. I love L4D2 and this seems like it could be right up my alley.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Well then, I'll have to call Best Buy tomorrow morning and hope they have some Collector's Editions available.

Just pre-ordered on PSN. Couldn't have myself miss out on that Lootbag dlc.

Do Day 1 Digital games go up with the usual late-night PSN update, or are they put up earlier?

Hopefully it's an isolated issue I'm going to be very upset if I don't get my copy tomorrow.

Top Bottom